The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:42 pm

My Grandma has been in hospital for over a month. She went in after she had a fall, apparently she had a mild heart attack to they kept her in.
Since being in she has contracted 2 urinary tract infections, Pneumonia and now to top it all off Clostridium difficile colitis, which is a health care facility borne infection and requires heavy antibiotics.

She is 94 and was just bouncing back and now this.

Please if you are from the Toronto area AVOID Ajax/ Pickering Rouge Valley Health at all costs.

Azexous
has a bleak short life of editing chinese cartoons and pursuing money until his inevitable bacon coma at the age of 30
Org Profile

Post by Azexous » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Being the only non-white person in your study environment. Everyone knows you by your name and you don't even remember 90% of the faces of your classmates.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:00 am

I have had the joy of being a parent of 4 kids and being reminded why I never had any kids of my own for the last month-ish....

I haven't had any time for internet stuff... or my own personal space...

I will never have kids again. Can't wait until their parents get a place to live.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:22 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I have had the joy of being a parent of 4 kids and being reminded why I never had any kids of my own for the last month-ish....

I haven't had any time for internet stuff... or my own personal space...

I will never have kids again. Can't wait until their parents get a place to live.
It's so true. It sucks if they aren't yours either. LOL

They are so worth it though. I would never go back.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Well, I have other frustrations other than them not being mine... most of them financial and their parents barely helping or barely helping take care of their kids...

If it was one or two, I could handle this, but it's really freaking hard not to lose my temper with 4...

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 am

JaddziaDax wrote:Well, I have other frustrations other than them not being mine... most of them financial and their parents barely helping or barely helping take care of their kids...

If it was one or two, I could handle this, but it's really freaking hard not to lose my temper with 4...
Wow. That's really sad. You shouldn't be buying things that the kids need.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 am

Reminds me of the situation with my mom and my much younger siblings. She knew they needed school supplies or clothes or whatever, she'd spend her money elsewhere and I was hardly going to stand by and let them go without because of her. Then she learned that she could take advantage of me that way - and if I didn't pony up the dough, somehow /I/ was the bad guy.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:32 pm

I found out earlier this year that N2U in Ottawa was cancelled. I was hyped all year for the G Anime AMV contest and now it may be cancelled.

No conventions for me anytime soon :(

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks for the sympathy... :oops:

I hope it doesn't get that bad, though... but the last pay check went to application fees and gas (to get to work), next paycheck they say they want me to hold on to their money... We'll see..

But in the meantime I'm running my house pretty strict... everyone does chores, and even parents don't get more than 2 hours of TV time a day (on their weekends). But that to keep my electricity bill from exploding.

guguza
Org Profile

Post by guguza » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:51 pm

What do you mean?

Return to “General Discussion”