The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by The_McLaughlin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:58 am

Had the joy of scrubbing a few months of dried on wax from the floors strip and waxes at work today... I cant remember the last time they had someone do it... In the process my thumb, pointer finger, and index finger's knuckles on my left hand we're pretty much scrapped raw and started bleeding... And to top that off, after work I needed to finish gluing down the base for a part of my costume for Nan Desu Kan this year, and since I need it to not come up I was using super glue, got it on my fingers and had to clean it off with Acetone... which got in my freshly made cuts on my knuckles... My hand hurts now, and I have now realized that I didn't even get all the glue off... So I'm going to have to go at my fingers again in the morning with more Acetone... yay more pain! Atleast the bracelet for my costume is almost done now though... and then once this costume is done, I can work on repairing my Stormtrooper, and Usopp costume, both of which don't involve super glue... for the most part, or at least not super glue that is really easy to get all over your fingers because you have to press foam pieces down so they make a circle, which means you have to hold it until it dries...Stupid hand.

Spaintakula
Org Profile

Post by Spaintakula » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Tasting that bitter rejection after confessing. I'd get if it was any other girl, but i did end up feeling sad, seeing as she's special.No love for me in the next couple of months or so :3

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 am

Spaintakula wrote:Tasting that bitter rejection after confessing. I'd get if it was any other girl, but i did end up feeling sad, seeing as she's special.No love for me in the next couple of months or so :3
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Eh, you get used to it.

Still dealing with chronic pain and asshole doctors who don't seem to give a shit that I'm in agony every goddamn day all goddamn day. Managed to chase most people out of my life, and still in self-destruct mode it seems.

On another note, this on again off again chick just popped back into my life and I'm fucking blindsided. Half of me wants to try to get involved with her again, half of me knows its a waste of goddamn time. Ugh.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:56 am

Fun Fact: Asking for favors makes me physically ill.
Sadly, it's not for some egotistical reason where I think I'm above everyone else and they should consider themselves blessed to even be considered as someone I'd need. (Is that a sadly moment? Probably not but let's roll with it.)
It's more based in the fact that growing up when my mother would give me presents or help me out with something she'd hold it against me. Every time. Doesn't matter if it was a ride to the hospital for a broken arm, a Christmas present, anything. So growing up and having "Well, I have to take you to X" or "Well, I got you Y!" constantly thrown on your face tends to make you react badly to certain things.
With my injury, I have to go to the doctor a lot in addition to other places associated with the doctor (physical therapy, etc.) so that means I need a lot of rides. Why do I need rides? I don't drive because I'm freakin' terrified of it, I freak out when I get behind the wheel, and I get so dizzy when I'm in the car nowadays that I'd probably cause a 10 car pile up.

So yeah, I get strong nausea and a lovely dropping sensation in my stomach when I have to ask people for favors or rides. Even if they're ok with it or offered in the first place, it happens. It's even worse when they won't take money for it (which makes me feel slightly better when they accept it). But it's OK because I've got people telling me to get over it since it's just something adults have to deal with. Yeah, keep telling me that. It'll totally help with this strong physical reaction that I can't stop even if I wanted to.

Thanks, Mom. You really helped give me all the tools I needed to be a successful adult. Then you held them over my head and used them against me arguments.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:27 am

So yesterday in the Little Things you Hate thread I mentioned that my footage I had per-prepared had just vanished off my hard-drive. So I went back and re prepared that said footage. And this time I know 100% that it was indeed on my hard drive. I left the final DVD ripping while I went to work, I come back from work go to start running things through DGIndex, and guess what my files are now all EMPTY! Not only that but the One Piece files I had prepared for a different amvs on this same hard drive have now all mysteriously vanished too and I didn't delete them so its not just this new footage either. I think I have a bad hard drive... this is frustrating... I think this particular drive may have a warranty on it... maybe . I bought it over the summer it was on sale though so I'm not entirely sure if it came with one... it probably did... hopefully it did...I'm just not going to be allowed to work on this video Anime Los Angeles am I... everything is just saying no you're not allowed... So much for hopefully editing Sunday after work, I am now going to have to see if I can use another hard drive and re prepare the lost footage, yet again.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:40 am

So basically everything sucks and I'm highly considering suicide-diving off the highest building I can find.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Apparently the water heater in my apartment had a slow leak. Over the past week or so, water permeated the carpet in the closet, seeped through the wall into my bedroom, and grew black mold all over everything. I just noticed yesterday evening, and literally moved just about everything I own and crammed it in the dry half of the apartment. The damage could have been a lot worse, but I lost among other things:

-All printed copies of all papers I wrote in college (valuable because of feedback and notes that were on them from my favorite profs)
-A bunch of photos (the black mold literally ate the color side of the photo paper)
-about 2500 Magic the Gathering cards, in a range from Urza's to Odyssey. (FML FML FML FML :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )

Not to mention the black mold is really bad for your health.
And now I'm wondering if I'll even have a place to sleep tonight...or whether I'll have water to take a shower :|

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:46 am

ZephyrStar wrote: -about 2500 Magic the Gathering cards, in a range from Urza's to Odyssey. (FML FML FML FML :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fuck fuck fuck. May you have my best wishes.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:10 am

The loss of the Urza block cards is very sad. That's my fav block.

Hope you get it all cleaned up and there isn't any adverse effects. Black mold is bad. Don't wanna see you get sick from it.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”