The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Pwolf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I think the problem is that you are related. You aren't your father in this case. You are the land lord, it's your property. You have a right to maintain the property how you see fit. As her land lord, tell her she needs to make changes or she has to find other living arrangements. You've been lenient and accommodating but now she has to step up.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:31 pm

The way I deal with my sisters is to not live with them O.o their messy habits (and their kid's messy habits) would drive me up the wall.

I agree with Pwolf on this one.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm with Pwolf on this one.

Leaving the doors open is a security risk. Not taking care of the dog is neglect. Dirty dishes can be a health issue. Leaving the curling iron plugged in is a fire hazard, and should be pointed out as her biggest offense, since that technically puts everyone in the house in danger. She needs to know that most landlords won't tolerate that kind of crap, and she shouldn't take advantage of your leniency just because you're family. Put it to her bluntly and don't sugarcoat anything. It's grow up or move out time.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 pm

That's putting your entire property and belongings in danger. The fire hazard alone is enough to put an entire area in danger if left out of control. D:

I'm agree with Pwolf.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 am

All hail the King! All hail the King!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 am

A cousin of mine just died of an overdose. I don't know the details. We hadn't spoken in a while, but when we last spoke, I wasn't under the impression he was using.

Could people stop dying on me, please? That'd be great, thanks.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

At my job, if you work a 7-hour shift you absolutely MUST clock out for a lunch. If you don't, you need to leave before you go over seven hours. All of the managers are sticklers about this, it's never even in question. Now, when you work a closing shift, you don't know what time you're going to get out. It could be very busy and you'd need to stay a few extra hours. I get scheduled for a lot of six-hour closing shifts, so I always ask the manager if they want me to take a lunch or not.

Last night was the same thing, I asked the manager and she told me not to clock out, that we'd be out relatively early. It was busier than she thought, when I got to seven hours, she told me to just go clock out, not a big deal, it happens all the time. When I went upstairs, another manager claimed that I "tricked" her about a previous shift from two weeks ago, claiming that I lied about what time I started in order to get out early when everyone else had to stay and continue working. I argued about it for a bit, she wouldn't let it go, I just walked away from her and went home.

Today I called the office admin, she looked up what I worked that day, I'd actually gone over the 7 hours by a minute. So I talked to the HR manager, best he could say was "Uh....I guess I'll talk to her. It was hectic last night because of call-offs, so she was probably just stressed."

Right, because it's busy, she's stressed, and when I'm just doing what I'm told, I should get harassed.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 am

Pwolf wrote:Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.
clubbin' 8-)

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 am

Pwolf wrote:Been in a weird state of loneliness/depressed. I think I mentioned this earlier but it's sorta hit me again. I don't even really know how to shake out of it at the moment.
Sucks man :|
I find the best thing I can do to get rid of it is to go out and do something, even if it is just walking or checking out somewhere I've never been. It never stays with me very long, a few days at the most.

Return to “General Discussion”