Wait wait wait....jerks r good? I thought jerks were bad

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:24 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:What's terrifying is that whenever I put bagel bites in the microwave the center bagel is always half-ass frozen and I'm too lazy to cook it separately from the rest.
Solution: stop putting bagel bites in the center.
They come in trays of 9 that just fit them so there's always gonna be one in the center.
Arrange them in a circle instead of a square.

Build a pyramid.

Or stack them all vertically. Have fun with it.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm not ALWAYS a jerk..... :uhoh: :P
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 am

well we just found out a close relative of ours has cancer and our house has been in mad chaos, I mean it's not at a deadly stage and they caught it somewhat early but of course my mother is freaking out and she has a right too. but also I kinda feel bad for not feeling AS sad as I should be if that makes sense. like of course I'm concerned and everything but I dunno I'm more frustrated than anything and don't feel like doing anything
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 am

I think people handle news like this differently. Some people freak out and others are more calm about it. Doesn't mean we don't care though. One of my great aunts is going through cancer treatment at the moment. I'm concerned but i'm not overwhelmed with sadness and worry like other members of my family are. To me I think this is a normal response even if it comes off as being insensitive in the eyes of others. For me I think it's that being sad and worrisome isn't going to make the situation better for my aunt or anyone else. The best I can do is hope and pray the treatments help.

On that note, hope everything works out for the best.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am

Fuck OSAP.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 am

Cancer fucking sucks.
Just don't get too down on yourselves, a lot of people are the same way with stuff like this. I just don't initially experience the feelings I think I sometimes should and I feel guilty or like a jerk instead. My grandmother died a little over a year ago, and it's taken that long for it to sort of catch up and hit me. Just be there for the people that need you, best you can do.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:00 pm

chit wrote:well we just found out a close relative of ours has cancer and our house has been in mad chaos, I mean it's not at a deadly stage and they caught it somewhat early but of course my mother is freaking out and she has a right too. but also I kinda feel bad for not feeling AS sad as I should be if that makes sense. like of course I'm concerned and everything but I dunno I'm more frustrated than anything and don't feel like doing anything
I know exactly how you feel. Since I suffer from depression and go on streaks that I just feel completely dead inside, I've had instances of something bad happening to someone else I care about, but I would not react as highly as I would expect or should. Sometimes to the point of no emotional response. This would make me feel guilty and would kind of make me think "What the heck is wrong with me".
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Aw, sorry to hear that chit ;__;

With the family reaction, you have to balance - people freaking out is not good, but family who remain largely silent or unemotional about it are also not really helpful. My family has always been the opposite way, including when my cousin that I grew up with got cancer, and I can't say that it's the best way of dealing with it either. When everybody is completely calm and only talks about it in a very matter-of-fact way and then drops the issue altogether, it can get really isolating, because even if you're really sad you have to keep up the act and don't really have an opportunity to be emotional about it. Looking back, I'd rather my family had an emotional reaction, but even to really terrible things, they never did. In the long run, it made things much worse.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:08 pm

chit, my condolences.

It hurts when you receive news like that, especially when it hits home, and family members. It really affects everyone, not just that one person that has it. Everyone has a different way of expressing pain and concern. Don't feel bad for not feeling as sad as you think you should feel. Obviously you are feeling something and as long as you are aware of those feelings, at that moment, if you do not know how to express it, then write them down or do something that helps you manage it or deal with whatever frustration or feeling you have, whether it is hitting your pillow, crying it out...anything. Feeling nothing and empty and having no emotional response is a feeling and it is something that certain people express when receiving news of this magnitude. It is frustrating somewhat because you might not know what to do. Just be aware that it is alright for you to feel that way, because really, there is no perfect way of expressing feelings, especially that of cancer. No one knows how to perfectly manage the news. Personally, what i do that helped me when I received news of a family member who was deathly ill, was to just simply be there for that person. Your presence or words or even a card is all it takes for them to know that they are not alone. They need to feel that they are not alone. What it really boils down to is empathy. What if you received the news that you have cancer? How would you feel? How would you want others to treat you? Ask yourself those questions. Put yourself in their shoes.

Return to “General Discussion”