The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, fuck my donkey.

Ever since I got laid off 3 months ago and started making more money from my online businesses at home, my family's been targeting me as their personal ATM/piggybank. I was more than happy to give my youngest sister some spending money and money for her books when she left for college in New York last week.

I'm also the legal owner of my mom's house now ever since she moved to NY with my youngest sister to find more prospects for her own business and I ended up having to pay for a big house repair recently that's left me a pretty broke till I get my commissions (which is every 2 weeks).

Just when I got up today, my mom leaves a message saying she needs a whole bunch of money to pay off her share of the rent at her new place in NY since apparently, her business prospects are taking much longer to pay her than expected.

Thanks to the holiday, my commission got delayed by a day and I'm literally flat broke until tomorrow. I literally don't even have enough to pay the gas in my car right now. I told my mom this earlier and now she's screaming at me like it's the end of the world. :x :x :x

Everyone knows that when you do bank account transfers, they take 1-2 days (or more) and knowing my mom, she won't have the patience to wait that long, but she has no choice right now. :evil:

So I can kind of feel your pain a bit right now Jen. I don't live with my mom, but she's always been dependent on my late dad and me and my siblings to help her out most of her life.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Can I get a minute to breathe? No? OK....

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Can I get a minute to breathe? No? OK....
I think we're all gasping for oxygen right now. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm sick... again. Don't have time to be sick. Too much to do.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 pm

That awkward moment when a friend shows you something and then you sit there thinking to yourself "FUCK, I just got duped again."

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Jen, not to belittle your situation in any way - I know this is serious stuff - but don't get into this mindset that this is some sort of "life is over" problem. It's not. In the big scope of things, your life shouldn't be reduced to just paying rent and being your mother's financial go-to person. You seem like a far more responsible, capable, and hard-working person than most people I know, and your fault is basically that you're too responsible. That is not a fatal flaw, it's merely something that unfortunately opens you up to abuse. Again, I hate to sound presumptuous, but it sounds to me like your mother and the loan collectors that are after her have in some sense succeeded in backing you into a corner where responsibility turns into guilt. In the case of my experience with loan collectors, I can safely say that this is an actual psychological tactic they use. Don't let it get to you.

You seriously just need to get out of that situation, as soon as possible. What FS says is perfectly reasonable and right. Do that. That does involve some really hard steps to take, but once you do, I think your responsibility, life skills and tolerance for shitty work/life situations will turn out to be majorly in your favour.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Shit.

In the process of trying to get my department to help me sort things out in regards to my PhD and obtain some support and help, I have received a response that included "we need to talk about your future in this program". I re-read the email a few times, then I finally realized what that sentence actually means...

Man, shit is really about to hit the fan for me :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

NellyEdits
Org Profile

Post by NellyEdits » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm

For the last three years I was practically dead. (Due to some unfortunate events in the past.) Thanks to an amazing mother, and a couple of good friends, I'm finally okay...yet it feels weird. I've been out of it for so long that now I feel like I don't belong at all. From time to time, I feel like I forgot who I was, and I forgot how to be myself again. Don't get me wrong, it feels good to be back. But now I need to get a hold of everything again, and it's pretty damn stressful. But I guess it's better that this happens to me then anyone else...I read some posts and I'm sorry to all of you, who are having a hard time! Here's hoping that it gets better for the both of us.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

So I signed up for a cable+internet program with newwave communications earlier this summer, great plan 89$ decent channels. My first bill was only like 40$ or so cause it took them two weeks to get out to me which was perfectly ok with me really since I was able to go to my parents house to chill. Then timewarner took over the company. My second bill was 100$ and it seemed fishy, their online statements link on the paysite doesn't work or rather it just causes an error on the webpage but the link itself works (I haven't checked to see if it still errors). I figured it was prolly due to taxes or something so I let it slide. 3rd bill comes and its 121$, so at this point I'm reasonably pissed off and immediately talk to someone over the phone who has no records (couldn't find any) of a 89$ plan I purchased with the sales clerk there specifically telling me that the price of the plan could not be changed for a year even after timewarner took over. In fact the person over the phone seemed like the common tech support idiot reading from a book anyway so I hung up and actually went back to the store which had new designs and all the green timewarner crap on it now. The same sales clerk still works there and she couldn't even find my plan. I told her about the price change (she didn't remember who I was so its hard to really connect it all together for her atleast) and she said there was nothing she could do for me cept put me on one of their current plans which lowest was 100$ for the first year cable+internet again. I told her no and brought back my cable box and gave all that shit back immediately canceling my TV since I rarely watch it, usually its (ps3 rented movies anyway from SOE). I kept their internet cause I was in the middle of online classes. It's been one month since then. My next bill was some 49$ or something for just the internet which seems ok BUT it paid another 121$ because the online pay system doesn't update in the middle of a month. This is complete bullshit, I've never seen an online pay system that charges more than the actual billed statement. Cellphone and power bills can fluctuate so obviously they are not changed the same every month. I was angry again and called and they said theres nothing they can do but the amount was credited to my account for my next bill(s). This is ok but their online paying system is still bullshit and Timewarner ruined a perfectly good local company.

Which brings us to today, I just recieved something in the mail showing a ton of price increases for rented equipment, channel price increases, plan increases, and service increases. The only thing that currently affects me is the change in amount for the internet service increase. It's 2$, so now its 52$ after taxes and such a month and this isn't even amazing internet mind you, just 10mb/1mb. I found another company online in the area that is retailing 10mb/1.5mb for less. So as soon as this semester is over, fuck timewarner, seriously, with a cheese grater.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

EvaFan wrote:Timewarner ruined a perfectly good local company.
That's exactly how they operate. They buy a small, successful local system, and run it into the ground. Case in point, Insight Communications here in Kentucky. Time Warner just bought them recently, the changeover isn't even complete yet, and things are ALREADY going to shit.

As much as I gripe about Comcast, at least they're not Time Warner...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Return to “General Discussion”