The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Chiiisus
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Chiiisus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't really know if this is something to vent about, but added with other stuff regarding my family, I feel all rage like.

Anyway, my brother and his wife are expecting their second baby (YAAAAAAAAY!) the part that bugs me? I just found out and everyone else in my family have known since last month. When you're going to get another niece or nephew it's something you'd want to know but no, everyone forgot to tell me. It's also annoying because two days ago he asked for my post code so he could watch football and he didn't think to tell me then! :(

Also, lately my mummy doesn't really call me much, she promises she will call around the same time next week and a month later she calls. I don't call her because when I do I get lectured and she tells me not to phone her because she'll phone me and doesn't want me to waste my phone credit. Oh, and I'm told she had to go to the doctors and they thought she had meningitis TWO WEEKS after she's told. I mean, I'm her daughter so I'd really like to know if everything is ok. I know it seems really silly to get upset over, but when you find out she has been calling your other sister every week who also moved out it kind of hurts.

I'm also no longer talking to one of my sisters. We never really did get along but at Christmas she finally crossed the line. The thing with my sister Mary is, that she is annoying everyone but she gets angry so easily that no one in my family stands up to her. When I went back home to visit my mummy was even telling me how she is driving her insane. In my old room I had an extension lead for my computer but since I moved out, my parents took it. ANYWAY. The power socket in my room is on the opposite end of my room and I wanted to Skype on my phone with Niwa for a bit since it was Christmas and everything. I noticed a spare cable behind the sofa so I asked my daddy if I could take it, he said yes. Later that night my sister full scales rages because I took a stupid extension cable that I was allowed to take! I mean, slamming doors, swearing and everything about me! I'm lying in my room trying to ignore it since it's Christmas Eve until she starts bitching really loudly to my sister in the next room! I haven't done anything wrong so I go in there and defend myself. I was actually in tears because she was being so evil, telling her that all I wanted to do was talk to my boyfriend who I don't get to spend Christmas with and that for once she should think of others instead of herself. So, I have to spend another week there and it's awkward because she's there throwing evil looks at me. When she can't get videos to work on her phone I tried to be nice and help her and she just ignored me. On the night I was leaving to go back to London I forgot the present my parents got for Niwa, so I ran back in looking for and couldn't find it because it wasn't where I left it. She screams at me it's under the -insert swear word here- tree and I said sorry, I thought you were Sara and she combines swear words calling me every bad word she can think of! So, I just slammed the door and left.

A few weeks ago, I went to send her a message on Facebook to try and apologise (not that I felt I needed to, I just didn't want to not speak anymore) and she removed me as a friend. OVER AN EXTENSION CABLE. SERIOUSLY?
What's worse is, she removed Niwa as a friend when he did nothing wrong and had been nothing but nice to her ever since he visited my house. My other sister told me it was because I was rude to her boyfriend. I was only ever rude to him once when he threw my old rabbit Nibbles on the floor when she almost climbed onto his knee, obviously that would annoy someone! That was years ago. So what was it she considered rude? I didn't talk to him much when he was there. I'm a quiet person, I find it hard to talk to people I don't have much in common with. I said hello to him, I smiled. So, what? The fact that I'm quiet makes me rude? That's unfair.

I have forgiven so many things that she has done to me in the past. Once she even pushed me up against a wall, choked and threatened to kill me because she lost something she thought I had taken. She found it an hour later. She has kicked and screamed at me in front of my friends and now I've finally reached my limit. She's my sister but I can no longer stand to be in the same room as her.

I feel like my family only talk to me when they want something or need help with something. Even when me and Niwa went back for my mummies Birthday, I ended up crying because they didn't speak to me and if they did it was only to tell me what to do. The only member of my family that I really miss is my daddy. He talks to me a lot and I'm so proud since he hasn't smoked a cigarette in 3 months.

I know it's really silly, but sometimes I just wish I fitted in more with my family. I keep crying because all of this stuff keeps coming into my mind and it's just so stupid.

/Sorry this is so long I just reallllllly needed to vent.
Rawr desu <3

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 am

Collection agency called me at work today. They have apparently called for a few days now, but it was only this time that I was unlucky enough to be the one to answer. I can't do anything for the outstanding bills (college loans), so I just said, "No," and hung up the phone.

And it's official. I have become my mother. I'm dodging collectors and living a generally miserable fucking life.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:13 am

On one (small) upside, you can inform them in writing (MAYBE over the phone, but writing is better) that you cannot accept such calls at work. If they do it again afterwards, it's a violation of the FDCPA and they can be liable for up to $1,000 PER CALL.

IANAL and all. However, I'm way too familiar with the FDCPA. Got sued last year by a collector who thought I owed them money, but in the process of so doing, they violated the FDCPA. I then filed a counter-suit for said violations (with written, verifiable, undeniable proof they were in the wrong), seeking the maximum damages which amounted to more than they were trying to get from me. They quickly took their ball and went home (agreed order of mutual dismissal, WITH prejudice).

The point being, document every single interaction you have with these people. Then if they screw up (and they sometimes do, especially if they're the type that calls people at work), you can string them up with their own rope.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 am

Chiiisus wrote:[stuff]
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that. It really sucks when it's obvious that you care about your family, but you can't really do anything, because they won't even let you. I know saying it doesn't do much, but I can just really sympathise with that feeling. Hope you feel better for venting and things improve a little :(

As for me...

That feeling when you wake up at 5-something AM and suddenly realize something that hits really close to values you hold dearest, and you feel like you badly need to talk to someone about it... but you can't because a) it's 5 fuckin' AM and everyone you could talk to is asleep; b) none of what I would have to say would even make any sense to anyone besides me anyway.

I hope I survive my 4 hours of lecture at work today because that just used up my last chance to get any proper sleep today :|

(/vent)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm

The house didn't work out. :(

After paying for a house inspection, the wiring was not as attractive as advertised. While the house had been completed remodeled, it had wiring that was in desperate need of re-working.

So I offered a lower price to accomodate for this.

Uh, to say I got shot down would be an understatement. :uhoh:

Anyway, back to looking at rental properties!

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm

So my interwebs have been crapping out pretty regularly for almost two weeks now, dropping about every five minutes for up to two minutes at a time. Called them and they could see on their end that the signal was utter crap, so they scheduled a tech to come out between 11:00 and 1:00 today. 1:00 rolls around, no tech. I call Comcast to see what's up, get someone with no information and no real speaking ability at all. 1:40 rolls around, I say "fuckit" and head into work. No sign of a tech or even a truck anywhere on my street.

I get home to a voicemail from the contractor (at 1:42 no less) saying they "couldn't find the house"..... But seeing as I saw no truck whatsoever, and there's only one way in or out of this neighborhood, I'm inclined to call bullshit. So I call again, and the stupid piece of shit automated system immediately offeres a completely synthetic "I'm sorry. It looks like we may have missed a scheduled appointment." May? No shit, you fucking infernal pile of prolapsed anus!

So I get another idiot on the phone who takes forever and a day to take down the simple directions I give them, and also include my cellphone in case the dipshits get lost again. And then they have the fucking nerve to try and sell me phone service???? FUCK YOU, COMCAST!

(also, if I seem pissed at the phone jockeys, it's because apparently the mainline support is bottom of the barrel mouth breathers. The technician I originally spoke with on the first call must have been Tier-2, since he spoke clearly, was friendly, and knew what he was talking about. The rest of the calls? Sounded like they just woke up and joined Joey for a morning smoke. Don't offer me useless empathy, no matter what your training says. It only pisses me off more.)
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 am

Bad News:

I am pretty under-qualified for the job I am working at right now and the attitude my boss has does not help this situation. So I probably will be quitting by the end of this month because I can't handle the amount of stress and the amount of work I don't get credited for so instead of roughing it through I will just call up other clients and find work else where on my last few weeks of this job hopefully everything pans out.

Wish me luck o.o
Image I stream and stuff o.o

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 am

Ugh..Love, why you hurts so much? why two people who are in love can hurt each other that much..or maybe is just me...maybe im too much sentimental, i dont know. :cry:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 am

I have to fast for a medical procedure, including not taking any of my prescription meds... Meaning I get to deal with a sinus headache and bad heartburn all day. I can deal with not having food for a day and a half, but the heartburn sucks so much.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:53 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Collection agency called me at work today. They have apparently called for a few days now, but it was only this time that I was unlucky enough to be the one to answer. I can't do anything for the outstanding bills (college loans), so I just said, "No," and hung up the phone.

And it's official. I have become my mother. I'm dodging collectors and living a generally miserable fucking life.
If you can afford legal consultation, start thinking about declaring bankruptcy.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General Discussion”