The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Otohiko » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 am

meleechampion wrote:(stuff).
Ack, just read that. Sorry to hear there's no definite good news for you, but from what I could understand, I guess that's not necessarily bad news either? Either way, continuing to cross fingers that everything goes well. Don't put off getting more informed about stuff though. More information about this whole thing can't hurt you, especially if you take it in reasonable doses.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Otohiko wrote:
meleechampion wrote:(stuff).
Ack, just read that. Sorry to hear there's no definite good news for you, but from what I could understand, I guess that's not necessarily bad news either? Either way, continuing to cross fingers that everything goes well. Don't put off getting more informed about stuff though. More information about this whole thing can't hurt you, especially if you take it in reasonable doses.
Ack indeed...I can't blame you man, I would cope the same way. Try and stay positive.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 pm

I love life and the people around me dearly, but lately I feel like it'd be pretty awesome if I got accidentally and fatally run over by a truck. Or a jet engine falling off a badly-maintained aircraft. Or a stampeding llama herd escaped from the local mini-zoo. Or a very large rolling limestone boulder. Or the same laundry van that ran over and ultimately killed Barthes, the great semiotician, who wrote and thought much of subjectivity, meaning, ethics... But a truck seems more likely. That would suddenly make things a lot simpler, and would unambiguously put an end to ethical issues eating away at my mind in a way that's definitely and permanently nobody's fault. Except maybe the truck's, but trucks cannot be expected to behave ethically, equitably and sensibly, so that's okay. Trucks work mechanically and run people over by inertia, which in accidents is usually beyond driver control. You can't just think a truck into stopping. It just transfers energy, whether it's into its brakes, into goods it delivers for the economy, into concrete walls, or into semioticians. A truck has no conscious responsibility to anything, because it's a fucking truck. I never trusted trucks to begin with.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Otohiko wrote:I love life and the people around me dearly, but lately I feel like it'd be pretty awesome if I got accidentally and fatally run over by a truck. Or a jet engine falling off a badly-maintained aircraft. Or a stampeding llama herd escaped from the local mini-zoo. Or a very large rolling limestone boulder. Or the same laundry van that ran over and ultimately killed Barthes, the great semiotician, who wrote and thought much of subjectivity, meaning, ethics... But a truck seems more likely. That would suddenly make things a lot simpler, and would unambiguously put an end to ethical issues eating away at my mind in a way that's definitely and permanently nobody's fault. Except maybe the truck's, but trucks cannot be expected to behave ethically, equitably and sensibly, so that's okay. Trucks work mechanically and run people over by inertia, which in accidents is usually beyond driver control. You can't just think a truck into stopping. It just transfers energy, whether it's into its brakes, into goods it delivers for the economy, into concrete walls, or into semioticians. A truck has no conscious responsibility to anything, because it's a fucking truck. I never trusted trucks to begin with.
Seriously?
:ying:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Seriously :|

[edit]
Don't, uh, mis-read that as some kind of threat though... It's really not. It's just an honest expression of how I feel about things, in as direct a manner as I can afford in public, and I don't have any intentions of chasing trucks. That wouldn't be accidental, and I've had enough "fun" chasing buses already.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:14 pm

Man, fuck trucks.

(In no way related to "man fucks truck")
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm

I had to clean my house's lining closet and I found peroxide that expired in 1995. LIKE WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK. That thing was probably bought when I was born.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:24 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cue the inevitable apology.

While I wrote what I meant above, I'd just like to take a moment to apologize to my friends for once again assuming stuff and being a bit unfair. I'm really sorry. I'll be happy to talk to each and every one of you affected and apologize for my behaviour personally.

I really wish, just sometimes, that I could cut the people around me more slack. I don't deserve some of you guys, but I'm really glad I have you :'D

(and those to whom this post doesn't apply, please disregard)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:10 pm

In my ongoing legal battle for my house, this really big and intimidating guy with some muscles appeared on my doorstep with a court order and wanted to talk to me. He's apparently working for my investor who wants me out.

I told him that I'm not obligated to talk to him without my lawyer, but he kept pressing me and even got up close trying to intimidate me. :shock: :uhoh:

However, I didn't feel scared one bit and he started getting a little tougher asking if he could talk to my roommates, but I told him they're also not under any obligation to talk to him without my lawyer. I looked at him with complete and fearless conviction in my eyes and politely asked him to leave after he gave me the papers. :evil:

He realized he wouldn't get anywhere and just left. I still kept my cool and closed the door. The old me would have either been scared shitless or try to yell obscenities and start a fight.

It's amazing how showing no fear can even make the biggest guys go away. I'm surprised my investor resorted to hiring the big guns to scare me. :roll:

Now that I got the cannon fodder I wanted, I'm going to meet with my lawyer tomorrow to discuss our new battle plan. :bzz: :bzz2:

I'm posting this in the vent thread because I was happily playing Bioshock Infinite and was having an awesome-kickass week until this happened. :nono:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

and bleh, just when I get over my own 'issues' a bit, crap strikes elsewhere in my life...

Just confirmed that 2 of my grandparents, as well as my grandmother's husband, have all been in hospital this week for various reasons. The former two are mostly okay now (though one just had surgery, and the other has a broken arm and also can't walk well), but the latter has cancer and has been given about a week to live :(
I've never been particularly affectionate with him and vice versa, since well, I was not "his" grandson - but he was still an important part of my life from my earliest childhood and always treated me well. So this still really sucks...

And since everybody's in Russia, there's not much I can do to help right now. Sigh.

Return to “General Discussion”