The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:13 am

I've realized that I'm terrified of being in someone's car without having been in with them before.

It started when my sister died in 2010 from a car accident. That went away after a few years, but came back recently when I had heard my friend died in a car accident. Though it turns out she did it on purpose in order to commit suicide, it has really brought back my fear of driving. I've been having a lot of dreams lately in which I am in a car accident and I often wake up before anything really happens. Most of the time I am going off the side of a cliff in them. Does anyone else have this problem?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 am

Didn't eat for 2 days due to nausea and vomiting. Managed to eat something small last night and ended up being woken by the urge to vomit at 2am. Sat there for about an hour wanting to throw up but nothing came out. Also, almost fell asleep and had my head fall in the toilet.

I'M A MOTHER FUCKIN' CLASSY HO.

And if you fucking ask if I'm pregnant, I WILL cut you.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

Amaterasu wrote:Does anyone else have this problem?
Not really the same but perhaps a bit similar. For me it's about control. If I'm a passenger, I don't have any control over the car. I used to be deathly afraid of driving because I had no control over the other drivers around me. When I was young, I was subjected to a fair amount of fender-benders as a passenger, always the other driver's fault. Just had to eventually accept that I can't control anything other than the car I'm driving. Now I actually quite enjoy driving. I'd rather drive than be a passenger because, again, it's a control thing. There are certain drivers, friends and family (mostly family actually), I hate being in a car with if they're driving. More so if I've never experienced someone's driving before. Usually I'll close my eyes and just try to relax myself. It's just another thing I need to eventually just accept I have no control over because, sometimes, I just don't feel like driving (or I can't).

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:09 pm

For me it's similar also. Very much like Pwolf's situation. I'm a terrified passenger no matter who is driving though. On top of it, I'm a horrid side-seat driver and I won't change that. If I see something you can bet I WILL tell you. I'd rather be known as annoying to drive with than end up in an accident. Being quiet about what I saw once lead to a bad accident. I won't let it happen again.

When it comes to "driving dreams"... mine tend to defy physics. Bridges that are vertical and stuff...

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Pwolf wrote: More so if I've never experienced someone's driving before. Usually I'll close my eyes and just try to relax myself. It's just another thing I need to eventually just accept I have no control over because, sometimes, I just don't feel like driving (or I can't).
So what you're saying is that you thought I was probably gonna kill you a month ago at Tahoe? >__>

I've never really had the issue, actually what often annoys me is the opposite. Sometimes people I drive with seem to get overly-concerned about my driving (I mostly mean my parents actually, haha). I'm like "chill guys, I got this! I'm a good driver! Seriously!" Maybe it's because I've been a passenger most of my life, but the lack of control never bothered me. I did go through a stage back in the mid-2000s when I felt like I knew too much about airplanes, and flying on one bothered me because I was always restlessly trying to figure out what was going on with the plane. I'd be really anxious because I'd be paying attention to every small sound and every little turn the thing made. Later though, I learned even more about airplanes, and that awareness just became automatic and the anxiety went away.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Otohiko wrote:So what you're saying is that you thought I was probably gonna kill you a month ago at Tahoe? >__>
Nah, you were fine. I just would've preferred driving :P But I knew how much you wanted to get experience so it was fine.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:54 am

Pwolf wrote:
Amaterasu wrote:Does anyone else have this problem?
Not really the same but perhaps a bit similar. For me it's about control. If I'm a passenger, I don't have any control over the car. I used to be deathly afraid of driving because I had no control over the other drivers around me. When I was young, I was subjected to a fair amount of fender-benders as a passenger, always the other driver's fault. Just had to eventually accept that I can't control anything other than the car I'm driving. Now I actually quite enjoy driving. I'd rather drive than be a passenger because, again, it's a control thing. There are certain drivers, friends and family (mostly family actually), I hate being in a car with if they're driving. More so if I've never experienced someone's driving before. Usually I'll close my eyes and just try to relax myself. It's just another thing I need to eventually just accept I have no control over because, sometimes, I just don't feel like driving (or I can't).
I sort of feel the same way myself. I think that if I were driving myself I'd feel better, but I have yet to get my license.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Amaterasu, I have a similar problem. Right now I am in Peru till August 27, and I am the only one that uses a freakin seat belt. I don´t know whether it is a culture thing or something but seriously no one uses a seat belt and imagine a Volkswagon beetle car with 10 people in it...that is the way people drive here. Usually the cars are all crammed with people and babies in the front seat and no seat belt, on top of that driving at a high speed. Not only that....people here love driving motorcycles without helmets and again more than 3 passengers and infants. Am i terrified? yes I should be, since there is no respect for pedestrians too. >__<

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 am

Got some news this morning that one of my old high school friends passed away. Her and I used to be attached at the hip and when I moved we fell out of touch. It's kind of sobering to think that I'll never have a chance to get that relationship back.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Been fighting with my family a lot.

Mostly because they feel that I'm entitled to help them because they're family and I'm barely able to help myself right now.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “General Discussion”