The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Well since I started my diet, I've lost just over 10 lbs. I've been trying to take it 10 at a time, so I think this is good progress.. I still got at least a good 40 to go for my personal goal. (As I said I haven't asked the doctor yet.) So far diet and exorcize is working though. I may have to post about my progress in the happy thread eventually but I wanna wait till I lose a bit more.

I envy the people who can't gain weight.

LOL @FarmXD

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:
I envy the people who can't gain weight.
|:>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu May 30, 2013 1:32 pm

People can take my weight too if they're looking for some.
/still over 220
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 30, 2013 1:33 pm

I want a few lbs. please. Can I pay it with Mastercard?

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 30, 2013 3:06 pm

don't really care about gaining weight which I apparently need to, I just want some freakin MUSCLESSSSSSS
my younger bro's gotten super buff just this past year and is developing a six pack and all he ever does is ride his bike everywhere, I'm so jelly
IWANNABEBUFF
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Do u even lift? :awesome:

1) exercise (needs to include all the things, a well rounded workout since it's pretty hard to just target one body part, abs for example)
2) eat lean protein (fish or chicken) in the ratio of 1.2g per lb of body weight you want to be at.

So, if you wanna put on 10lbs of muscle, (your current weight + 10lbs) * 1.2 = grams of protein you should eat daily.
(this is assuming you don't need to lose weight, that's sortof a different process, but it sounds like you're at a good place where you could start this)

I used to think this was kinda BS till I tried it.
Comes down to whatever works for you though.

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

haha thanks turns out my mother just gave me the worst form of torture disguised as a "graduation gift" - a gym membership so maybs I can actually get buff this summer if I exercise eat more protein (and eat more in general I guess)
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

FarmXD
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Oh yeah I have to get fit too :c

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu May 30, 2013 5:20 pm

FarmXD wrote:I'm in the middle of a women conversation...is it dangerous?
Farm, can you explain what you mean by this? Weight seems to be a concern for everyone.
pan_dbgt01 wrote:I see what you mean. I am just under 5'4". The younger you are the better your metabolism should be so maybe you'll have to wait until you are older.
I'm almost 30.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:1) exercise (needs to include all the things, a well rounded workout since it's pretty hard to just target one body part, abs for example)
True. IMO, work-related exercise* is probably the most effective way to make sure it happens, but obviously that's not something I advocate nor think most people would actively seek out.

*in my case, it was pushing shopping carts around a parking lot for 6 hours a day 3 days a week in Senior year. I actually gained some weight after I started working there because I gained muscle, but it stabilized around 132lbs and after a couple months I was pretty toned. Reason is that pushing those carts around *does* work everything. The job was hell, though.

Of course, I quit working there 9 years ago. After getting my wisdom teeth out in 2006 the weight started packing on (a month eating nothing but coffee ice cream will do that). I'm currently 160, and would prefer getting back down to ~135. I've been thinking about setting myself up on a school-like schedule where every hour on the hour I go out back and run laps for 10 minutes, then go inside and cool off/rehydrate (this is also partly because my lung capacity is awful).
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Return to “General Discussion”