Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:38 am

Considering never going in IRC again.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Ileia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:35 am

You're just in the wrong channel. >_>
Alternatively, you can do what I do and put certain individuals on ignore. Half-conversations are pretty amusing, too. :lol:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:21 am

If only all individuals could be blocked. :down:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:33 am

There are...ways. :D

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 am

:shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:47 pm

If people have issues with me (and they're not Japanese), they really need to come to me instead of going around me. They also need to come to me instead of simmering in silence. Neither of these things are helpful. They only make situations worse.

This is true professionally and this is true personally. It's true in offline relationships and it's true in online relationships. I hold one single, solitary grudge. Just one. And just about everyone knows who that is and why that is. Otherwise my door/my office/my desk/my PM box is always open to everyone. Even people I know dislike me. Even people I know who otherwise ignore me.

Unless you're a random bigot (like a member of the Ku Klux Klan or something), I'm going to give your views weight. I will always engage them thoughtfully and without personal attacks. Ultimately, I may still disagree with you. I may listen carefully to your advice and choose not to follow it. However, you'd be surprised, perhaps how often I agree with you, at least partially. How often your advice, even if not fully taken, informs the entire decision making process. There is value just in the discussion. You will never know how I will react (except that it will always be calmly) if you never talk to me.

This isn't directed to any specific person, and it isn't directed specifically to the Org, these forums, or AMVs. I am currently having this issue in other areas of my life as well. You can't resolve a situation by pretending it doesn't exist. And you definitely can't do it by talking to everyone but with whom you have an issue.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Too warm in my bedroom the other night, and I can't open a window because my condo conplex's sign spot light reflects right up into said window. So I decide, I'll fix this by turning on the HVAC system and open the windows down stairs where the (only) return is. Wake up with a horrible sore throat and what feels like a bad cold coming on. Why? The system doesn't know how to cycle in fan mode. It stayed on all night. I also haven't had the thing cleaned in years... o.o;;
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Yesterday I had to chuck out three hundred bucks to fix the radiator in my car. Blah.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 pm

All the fire!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =OAQHkbHgw

Least I got go home early due to evac :D Paid day off!

But, our apartment is about 5 minutes away from my work so that's probably not a good thing...

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:All the fire!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =OAQHkbHgw

Least I got go home early due to evac :D Paid day off!

But, our apartment is about 5 minutes away from my work so that's probably not a good thing...
I live about 30 minutes North of that and the smoke was terrible in our area, I can't even imagine how bad it was there.

My ear is clogged today, I think with ear wax but I'm not sure it was fine when I went to sleep then I woke up and it was clogged, and I can't unclog it... It's kind of disorienting because I can hear out of it still but it's all muffled and things sound weird. I don't like it.

Return to “General Discussion”