The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ambiati
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Ambiati » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Pwolf wrote:I hate trying to give advice to people who aren't receptive to it. Or at least seem to be less receptive in their actions and behavior.
I hate this. I've dealt with this before with someone close to me. The worst was, they would keep coming to me for advice and when I would give them advice, they would just not listen and then start venting whenever we would talk. Dealt with this for a year until I put my foot down and stopped talking to them. Somehow it worked. Not sure if you could even do that, like, stop talking to them for a while. But I hope it solves itself because I know it can be mentally exhausting. ;__;

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah, it's frustrating on the opposite side of that too (at least for people who are somewhat self-aware). A lot of times I have to avoid talking things I have trouble with because for whatever reason I don't act on even the most sensible advice sometimes. It all boils down to them finding something that will actually motivate them. It's not easy sometimes, but without it there's no going anywhere.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I've realized lately that I have an intense fear of dying. It's not that I'm afraid of death itself, but really that I would be missing out on things I want to do in the future. Essentially it's more of an obsessive-compulsive problem than anything, but the thought itself has been interrupting everything I do. I check myself constantly for possible cancer nearly every day, I'm afraid to get in a car with most people, I rarely eat fast food, and I check every lock in my house before I go to sleep. I know it's a bit extreme, but it's the only way that I feel comfortable anymore. Admittedly, I was worse at one time, but the thought itself still bothers me.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 am

Amaterasu everyone is afraid of dying whether they like to admit it or wrong. Its alright and completely not weird to feel that way. Its good to talk to someone about these things because you will find consolation. My advice is to write things that really bother you and if its interrupting your life to probably seek help because its never good to keep things bottled in and let things get worse. Hope this helps :)

Pwolf its important to just speak out and say what you have to say. If people don't like what you have to say what's on your mind- advice, especially your friends then they r not your friends. Just communicate and if they make a big deal of you giving advice well then at least you gave your two cents. Whether they like it or not, you did good by giving them advice and you should feel good about it. If they don't like the advice well then apparently they don't appreciate you.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:26 am

My mother always used to say to me that if you cannot follow your own advice, its better to not to advice others. Its something I always followed and one of my own mottos, because I always stay true to what I am and say and I am never gonna change me. Its take it or leave it. I learned a lot over the years about myself and I'm not perfect, but I accept myself and my flaws. If people r not willing to hear what I say, that sure does not bring me down, because I know deep inside I'm being true to who I am. If people don't like it that sure won't stop me in being me, plain and simple as that.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks Miaka! I think I will try to write about things that bother me.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 am

Ur welcomes! And that's what friends r for

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:57 am

My mother leaves me home alone for like, 9 hours and so far, I've managed to:

- Get more sick
- Break a glass
- Spill ink on my arm
- Lost my phone somewhere in the house
- Scare myself by thinking something is there

And I was wondering why she made me sit down and take my meds in front of her. :|

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am

Seriously I would not survive without my mom....but she really needs to stop feeding me so much because no matter if I have fast metabolism I can't eat all the food she gives me

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 am

And yes I'm still her baby girl....don't judge

Return to “General Discussion”