The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
McDirty
Org Profile

Re: Vent Thread

Post by McDirty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Ileia wrote: Snow in your parts, snow in your area.....what were you doing? >_>
Sorry, that's just a phrase that honestly isn't taken as anything other than face value where I live. "You not from around these parts?" is a common phrase. Apparently, we don't have an afinity for words that have more than 1/2 of their total letters being vowels. |:>

Though I see where it could technically be construed as something else. >_>'
Snow in your parts!? I'm sure you could find someone there to warm your parts for ya. :D

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:08 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Ileia wrote: Snow in your parts, snow in your area.....what were you doing? >_>
Sorry, that's just a phrase that honestly isn't taken as anything other than face value where I live. "You not from around these parts?" is a common phrase. Apparently, we don't have an afinity for words that have more than 1/2 of their total letters being vowels. |:>

Though I see where it could technically be construed as something else. >_>'

Yes, thank you, I know what you meant, I was purposely construing it in a more amusing light. :nono:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Oh, sorry. I lack any sense of humor. /facepalm

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Got my grades in today, 6 A's, one B.

My standards aren't high enough.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm

One of my work colleagues got sick again (this is like his 4th time in the last year), which means I'm going to have a third 12h night shift in a row, ruining my friday plans in the process. The worst part is I won't even get paid extra for that - they'll give me a day off at a later date instead.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:26 pm

.... BALLAHDLfa;otihqe[o'iguqa'[goihadogihtr3

Sorry, it has been about the most stressful day of work I have ever had before. Me and my two co-workers that are STAFF ACCOUNTANTS [not CPAs] have been doing end-of-year reports for all our our clients. This includes W2s, W3s, FUTA, SUTA and their regular Quarterly/Monthly reports.

These are things that we cannot sign off on. These are things that we cannot send without our CPA's signature.

These are things due on the 18th.

These are things that our CPAs have not reviewed, looked at or even remotely shown interest in. They haven't been in the office for a week, and now they've just shown up and expect us to work into OVERDRIVE to get everything finalized and paid online.

I had ALL my clients done on January 4th. My mistakes totaled to a typo and a missed decimal place, and have been approved for sending TODAY. After fixing them, I still have a good hour per client to do in order to get everything ready for pickup on Tuesday.

It's infuriating. Me and my co-workers are ALWAYS ahead of the game, and have things ready weeks/months in advance. Then they don't give us ANY respect and expect us to do everything last-minute.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

A little over a week ago, I jumped at an opportunity to attend the U.S. Air Force's Non-Commissioned Officer's Academy here in Kadena Air Base. Versus an Army's NCO Academy, it's very different and focuses on two completely different leadership styles (not that that's a bad thing). I would just rather be in the woods/desert shooting at shit, rather than writing all the damn time!

So whoever wrote "The Tongue and Quill" go fuck yourself! Making me write English good and stuff :roll:
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:46 pm

I shaved too much and now I look like two face.

YOU GOT THE WRONG HARVEY.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Got a haircut...

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Fucking too much work to do.

> Drama Script for tomorrow
> 1 French essay
> 2 French research papers
> 3 Photography assignments
> Write and memorize french oral exam
> Study for exams
(And here I am wasting time on the org)

And this is the easy semester! I only have french, drama and photography. Next semester I have writer's craft, english and philosophy, the three classes with the highest workloads in the school. I'm boned.

Return to “General Discussion”