The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Very confused today. I work in a restaurant where the customers love me, but my employers don't. I thought being a waitress was about talking to customers and today I got in trouble for that. I was serving tables and cleaning while I was talking. I've been doing this for 7 years, so I guess I should find more things to clean and keep my mouth shut?

I'm so confused right now.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:Very confused today. I work in a restaurant where the customers love me, but my employers don't. I thought being a waitress was about talking to customers and today I got in trouble for that. I was serving tables and cleaning while I was talking. I've been doing this for 7 years, so I guess I should find more things to clean and keep my mouth shut?

I have always had issues with employers not liking me right away, but my last work place I was there for over 1 year and before that 4 years. Some advise would be greatly appreciated.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:41 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote:Very confused today. I work in a restaurant where the customers love me, but my employers don't. I thought being a waitress was about talking to customers and today I got in trouble for that. I was serving tables and cleaning while I was talking. I've been doing this for 7 years, so I guess I should find more things to clean and keep my mouth shut?

I have always had issues with employers not liking me right away, but my last work place I was there for over 1 year and before that 4 years. Some advise would be greatly appreciated.
I don't see anything wrong with the way you wait tables, and with that kind of experience I'm sure you can multi-task just fine.. my advice would be to change restaurants :/

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:03 pm

UnluckyArtist wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the way you wait tables, and with that kind of experience I'm sure you can multi-task just fine.. my advice would be to change restaurants :/
They are Chinese and fairly new to Canada so I think they have a different work ethic, but yes I would love to change jobs, but they are hard to find where I live. I will keep trying though :D

Thanks.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 pm

post-it wrote:Software used to be able to Solve Problems; today, software Causes Problems! Point to be considered:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=122351
I actually found-out that "what was simple to do 5 years ago" is not understood by todays upgrades!
. Vent: when did Software Designers become sooo cheap?

Grrrr
Every time I use to format my computer I had to relearn everything I knew.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:10 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote:
post-it wrote:Software used to be able to Solve Problems; today, software Causes Problems! Point to be considered:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2&t=122351
I actually found-out that "what was simple to do 5 years ago" is not understood by todays upgrades!
. Vent: when did Software Designers become sooo cheap?

Grrrr
Every time I use to format my computer I had to relearn everything I knew.
hehe; ever notice, once you've re-formatted everything that, you'd swore everything could do soo much more than it's doing now!?!
Hmmm, why is that? T_T

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:10 am

Well usually my husband is the one that screws it up ;)

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:43 am

That moment when you're editing a MEP part and just have fun with it for like 10 hours and you don't mind that you only have two seconds.

Then you just hit that brick wall and say to yourself: "Yeah... I wanna watch Mulan now..."

Dying passion... It never fails...

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:42 pm

My favorite uncle just took a suicide dive off the commodore barrier bridge. I don't even think its fully hit me yet. Goddammit all to hell..

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 am

Killed me neck/upper back somehow on Saturday night. Can barely move my head - pain is shooting down my arms a chest every time I try to. It's really hard to pinpoint the source, but I know it's not where it appears to be. Think there's probably a knot lodged between my vertebrae.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”