The Happy Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 pm

It's pizza time :pizza:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:23 pm

So... I made a new friend.

See, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't consider myself friends with people that I only see at work (or as it was a few year ago, during classes). I don't think of a person as a friend until he or she has spent some time with me outside of that environment, where we aren't restricted by time or obligations. It's the difference between seeing that person by chance and seeing them by choice. If you go out of your way to be around me, then that says you want a relationship, not that I am just a substitute until you can get home to real friends.

That said, I consider myself to have very, very few friends. I wanted to explain that so that you'd understand why it is a huge deal that last night I went out for coffee with a person (other than my best friend) for the first time in probably four years or more (probably more, since I stopped trying to be sociable around my third year of college). We sat and chatted over coffee and pie for about three hours, which is much longer than I expected him to stick around, as I am very awkward naturally and even moreso due to lack of social experience any time recently. We managed to really hit it off, though, and he seemed more than happy to plan more outings in the future.

This is really strange to me. I've gotten so used to people being uncomfortable around me when I try to be friendly, or thinking that I'm some kind of dump tank for their bitching and problems that they talk at me instead of with me. With the way my current friendships seem to be strained and broken, I've been needing an injection of new blood into my life - and then, suddenly, in waltzes this guy who has a ton of common interests, isn't weird around me, and genuinely seems engaged in our conversations. It's the first good luck I've had in years.

So I made a new friend, and although it is tentative and delicate, I'm happy right now. I'm not hanging my hopes on anything yet, but it's a good start.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:33 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:So... I made a new friend.

See, I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't consider myself friends with people that I only see at work (or as it was a few year ago, during classes). I don't think of a person as a friend until he or she has spent some time with me outside of that environment, where we aren't restricted by time or obligations. It's the difference between seeing that person by chance and seeing them by choice. If you go out of your way to be around me, then that says you want a relationship, not that I am just a substitute until you can get home to real friends.

That said, I consider myself to have very, very few friends. I wanted to explain that so that you'd understand why it is a huge deal that last night I went out for coffee with a person (other than my best friend) for the first time in probably four years or more (probably more, since I stopped trying to be sociable around my third year of college). We sat and chatted over coffee and pie for about three hours, which is much longer than I expected him to stick around, as I am very awkward naturally and even moreso due to lack of social experience any time recently. We managed to really hit it off, though, and he seemed more than happy to plan more outings in the future.

This is really strange to me. I've gotten so used to people being uncomfortable around me when I try to be friendly, or thinking that I'm some kind of dump tank for their bitching and problems that they talk at me instead of with me. With the way my current friendships seem to be strained and broken, I've been needing an injection of new blood into my life - and then, suddenly, in waltzes this guy who has a ton of common interests, isn't weird around me, and genuinely seems engaged in our conversations. It's the first good luck I've had in years.

So I made a new friend, and although it is tentative and delicate, I'm happy right now. I'm not hanging my hopes on anything yet, but it's a good start.

It's seriously great to hear (read?) you in a good mood. :up:
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Pwolf » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:It's seriously great to hear (read?) you in a good mood. :up:

x2 8-)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Ileia » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:36 am

Christmas is my favorite day ever. Somehow it feels like I always get gypped, though. When I was younger, my dad didn't celebrate it (JW), when I moved in with my mom, it was just an excuse to fight and wring me out for cash. Now that I have no contact with my family, I spend it with nearby friends, but because I always work retail/food service, I'm lucky to get Christmas off, let alone any other days.

This year, though, for the first time ever, I get to go on an actual holiday vacation! I'm headed down to Florida to spend almost two weeks with my boyfriend and his family and I'm ridiculously excited. It won't be a white Christmas like what we currently have in Chicago, but I think the company (and time off!) will more than make up for it. <3
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Pwolf » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 am

*like*
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 am

Sounds like your Christmas is looking good :)
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Ileia » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:13 am

Pwolf wrote:*like*

We were playing Cards Against Humanity the other night and someone's card+answer ended up saying "Like-like like".

I said, "That's Scott using Facebook."
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby FarmXD » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:26 am

I just realised that reading and write/draw stories is my passion.
I love doing manga...or comicbook since I'm not japanese. And I love read
graphic novels, manga, etc. It's my passion as I said and I would be the happiest
man the day I could oficially publish one of my projects.
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby ngsilver » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:24 am

Had a nice xmas eve. Baked cookies. Had a nice dinner. Opened presents. Listened to jazzy xmas tunes from pandora while watching a youtube fire. Ruu got me a bunch of stuff I still needed for the house, like a wisk, a new can opener, a 2nd stock pot, and a fluttershy bobblehead toy to accompany the rainbow dash one I have at the office. Oh, and she picked up my pre-order of Disgaea D2 as well!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby catgod » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:25 am

do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/
catgod
cat stalker

Postby lloyd9988 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:38 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:So... I made a new friend.

He might like you. :shrug: Anyway, good luck!
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby Pwolf » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:15 am

I bought new tail lights for the burz and didn't know they had shipped already... so I was at my mom's for dinner and the box was waiting for me :O so happy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Pwolf

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:15 am

lloyd9988 wrote:He might like you. :shrug: Anyway, good luck!

Ha, thanks for the well wishes, but definitely a "no" on that theory. He is MAJORLY hung up on one of his other female friends (who already has a boyfriend) and he openly admits to being in love with her for the last six years. I tried to get him to see the futility of attempting to win the affections of someone who is just not attracted to you, but it's pretty clear to me that the only way he'll learn is through firsthand heartbreak. Sometimes you just gotta let people make their own mistakes, especially when dealing with love.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby lloyd9988 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:23 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Ha, thanks for the well wishes, but definitely a "no" on that theory. He is MAJORLY hung up on one of his other female friends (who already has a boyfriend) and he openly admits to being in love with her for the last six years. I tried to get him to see the futility of attempting to win the affections of someone who is just not attracted to you, but it's pretty clear to me that the only way he'll learn is through firsthand heartbreak. Sometimes you just gotta let people make their own mistakes, especially when dealing with love.

Just fuck him, then you'll know. |:>

But seriously, he sounds weird and to be in love for 6 years is creepy in my book. Not to mention, she already has a boyfriend so what's the point for him to keep trying?? He should just move on and find a new girl like you ;)
~Yo~
lloyd9988

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion