The Happy Thread

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: The Happy Thread

Postby Fire_Starter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Just had an awesome and MUCH needed vacation in Austin. Got to hang out with some awesome people, visit tons of cool local places, and even hit up San Antonio on Wednesday. Sadly, I had to go back to work today, lol.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"<WITTY REMARK CENSORED BY REQUEST>"
Fire_Starter

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 pm

ImageImage
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 pm

It's still raining....

Trying to stay POSITIVE! :up:
pan_dbgt01

Postby Qyot27 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Finished clip gathering earlier. Now I just have to rip them out as individual files, which is stupidly easy and just takes some really comparatively boring shell magic:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash -x
mkdir clipgen
for n in *.avs ; do
ffmpeg -i "$n" -vcodec ffv1 "clipgen/${n%.*).avi"
done

Bam. Replace 'ffv1' with lossless format of choice.

And the entire thing is more-or-less automated: the inframe/outframe points that I logged in a standard text file get turned into a script to generate the necessary AviSynth scripts that Import the hq scripts that do the processing on the MPEG-2s, and trim them down. Generating them automatically is a good thing, because there's 629 of them. Trying to type them all out manually, or even worse, setting it up as in VDub's Job Control, would be a colossal PITA.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby Qyot27 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Qyot27 wrote:ffmpeg -i "$n" -vcodec ffv1 "clipgen/${n%.*}.avi"

Fixed. Minor typo there.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby Devolution » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:35 am

currently prepping 16 old school PC gaming rigs. time for LAN parties.

good times on the horizon, yup :D
Devolution

Postby Kimberly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:12 am

Pretty Little Liars and Teen Wolf for my summer television shows :up: :awesome:
Kimberly
Kardashian

Postby kika_kun » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I think something good that is happening to me now is that I am discovering that I can actually do some cool stuff with GIMP. At first I thought that I was a hopeless idiot when it came to these kinds of programs but then I did some really cool stuff. Like for example I made a photo of myself standing next to Draco Malfoy. And also My avatar is a picture of my brown eye but I changed it using gimp to a blue eye !!!!
kika_kun

Postby NME » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you bliss, peace, kindness, charity, love, honesty, beauty. A wondrous gift of light and insight. Breathe in and out - comprehend the impermanence of all. See the shadows on the cave wall dancing in torch glow. Understand that you are of shadow too. Disconnect. Feel the illusion melt away. Feel one with all within and outside of you. Know in a moment that a personal journey is yours to suffer through. Know that suffering is not the end. Know that you are not you.
nil per os
NME

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Professional massages are incredible. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby meleechampion » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Professional massages are incredible. :up:

want.
meleechampion

Postby FarmXD » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 pm

meleechampion wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Professional massages are incredible. :up:

want.

want. [2]
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Went to E3 this week.

BEST.WEEK.EVER.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :bzz2: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :pizza: :bear:
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Castor Troy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Just got word from my lawyer that now I can possibly win $400,000 (the original was $150,000) from the court case regarding my house and there's also a chance my investor will be forced to give it back to me as well.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> |:> :nose: :sorcerer: :sorcerer: :sorcerer:

Of course, this means that my court date is going to be inevitably delayed and might not even happen till next year. This means I'm still pretty much going to be living in the house free of charge for a pretty long time. :mrgreen: :taco:
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby AngelDragoon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:33 pm

So for about the past six months I've had severe hip pain and, (despite the conversations on skype, lol), I'm actually not that old. This is one of the reasons why I haven't been very active online, since I can't sit for more than a few hours. I've been to my GP who said I might have a pinched sciatic nerve, but could really only write me a script for physical therapy, which was mainly for a twisted rib I was suffering from at the time. With as much as physical therapy is said to cost even with insurance, I put it off for a little bit thinking it might get better, (since I've had other spinal issues from previous injuries). My upper spine was good, but my hip was not. So, a day ago I went to physical therapy and...they basically didn't do much except say, "Your prescription is for your upper back, so you have to go back and get one for you hip. Also, come back later and we'll start treatment on your thoracic region!" (I have had issues there as well, and they've subsequently gotten better on their own. Still, this rubbed me the wrong way, particularly when they "couldn't say" how much just that one visit was going to cost).

Today I went back to the chiropractor I had been seeing for neck problems that had occurred when I was a kid. I didn't think of going back because of the bug put in my ear that my problem was neurological/muscular. Nobody told me that sacroiliac joint was rotated. :x My chiropractor had seen this before about 2 years ago, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it had gotten, (probably due to carrying 50 lbs of books that last semester of school). So, ten minutes later, he adjusts it, my neck, and my middle spine and everything is pretty much golden. I'll be going back Thursday to make sure it stays and place, but so far I'm feeling awesome.

Also, on top of this today, my mom just surprised me with mint oreos. <3

I am quite happy at the moment and I hope it stays this way for a bit. |:>
AngelDragoon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion