The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jwalk0
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Jwalk0 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Jan '13 - May '13 was the most successful college semester I've ever had. 5 classes along with an already busy lifestyle and still came out on top.

Thank you Lord. The sky's the limit.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 15, 2013 12:23 am

Had an amazing steak at Applebee's today :ying:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Well, within 48 hours of updating my resume (see my recent vent posts as to why) and putting it out there with some applications I've gotten quite a few interested parties in my skills in the area. I'm attempting to schedule a meeting with a recruiter tomorrow afternoon (ducking out early with permission from my team lead) and while I was napping I got an email/call from another recruiter for another position. We'll see if any of these bring about an offer that I can take back for matching or submission of my 2 weeks.

I've been increasing the urgency of my requests for a proper raise and they appear to be falling on deaf ears. Today I was also told that my request for training (looking to get my MCSE in Server 2012 Infrastructure Design) was most likely going to be denied because I'm not a new hire and didn't turn it in early enough (ya know, because only getting the info to fill it out last week, having to schedule my training dates around on-calls and other team members taking training to ensure coverage, and the guy handling the paperwork not being in the office most of the time to submit paperwork with sensitive things like my SSN on it to directly, is all MY fault....) so I'm even less willing to stick it out for the 'learning experiences' and 'better life' bullshit (you know, because not getting any sleep when I'm on-call every other week due to constant escalations is really giving me a better quality of life.)

As much as I like my co-workers and the atmosphere at the office (management not included) it's time for them to put their money where their mouth is. Cuz' I'm sick of having appreciative hot air blown up my ass.

(..... this so sounds more like a vent then a happy post...... )
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Was able to preform the Navi Dive today on Ocarina of Time. After a few more days of practice, I should be able to beat Ocarina of Time in less than an hour.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 am

Finally found and fixed the problem that wasn't allowing me to play a game. Woop woop! (:
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 am

Today the sheriff arrived to throw me out of my house. My original eviction date was supposed to be at the end of April, but my lawyer was able to get it set aside by an ex parte relief until the end of my trial which still hasn't been scheduled yet.

I was ready to take my youngest sister to Disneyland today since she's on her summer vacation from college and it would have sucked to cancel it if we got kicked out and not have a place to live. :shock: :x :cry: :oops:

The sheriff was actually pretty cool and let me go inside to get the necessary paperwork and told me that he'll have to check with the court to see if it's up to date (which it is) or he'll be back on Monday to really kick me out. :uhoh:

I spoke with my lawyer quickly before I left and she's already filed an updated motion of stay to get our court date going which I can give to the sheriff just in case he comes back Monday.

While I was at Disneyland today, my roommate saw my investor outside my house angrily talking on his cell phone, most likely pissed off I wasn't thrown out yet. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

I was still able to enjoy my day at Disneyland today and give my investor the middle finger. Boo-yah! |:> |:> |:> |:> :nose: :awesome: :awesome: :ying: :beer: :pizza:

The real battle's going to begin soon, so I'm not out of the hot water yet. It's pretty cool having a female Phoenix Wright (or Mia Fey) on my side. :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Fri May 17, 2013 1:17 am

Castor Troy wrote:Disneyland
OH MY GAWD.
I'M GOING THERE TOMORROW.
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

ACen times. |:>

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 pm

6 kids coming this weekend for my son's Birthday party.

Cleaning has just become more fun :)

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Sat May 18, 2013 5:10 pm

DISNEYLAND WAS AWESOME.
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Return to “General Discussion”