The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by FarmXD » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I'll move to my own flat finally...!
Good things are happening in a full pack guys!

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 am

Welp, my endeavors towards actually getting a raise to go along with my new position in the company has finally ended. The raise was approved! Beyond that, I finally got confirmation that the company is paying for me to take classes and the exams in order to get my MCSE in Server Infrastructure, which the current schedule puts me as being finished in October, which also gives me another bargaining chip for another raise. I've also put my name in the hat to take one of the Senior MS Engineer positions we have available on the team. I'm already doing the work and the new title/position would come with yet another raise and put me in the pay band that I really should be in. We'll see how it all turns out. At the very least the work I do is noticed by management and they do want to keep me on the team, so I must be doing something right.

Either way, most of the anxiety I've been dealing with these last few months is gone. I've stopped aggressively looking for another job, but I'm keeping my feelers out for another opportunity.
ImageImageImageImage

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 am

I feel like I don't post here that much, especially compared to the Vent Thread. So I shall put something!

I've been feeling pretty good for the past weeks/month-ish. Other than the usual annoyances, I've been, uh, good o.o. A lot of stress has been lifted off my shoulders, and I haven't been worrying much lately. Most of the stress came from school, since I honestly was worried as hell that I wasn't going to graduate, considering how behind I was about a year ago. But I graduated last week, and I feel I can relax, at least until college starts. So that's part of it. Another reason is...myself. It's a bit hard to explain. Though I recently got in an argument with someone, and we're no longer friends. Losing a friend is never a good thing, but it was for the better. That person was pulling me back and bringing me down, and I definitely didn't and don't need that. And that brings me to the last reason, which would be my good friends. The oones who have been supporting me, and are a huge part of my motivation. Just the fact that they believe in me (:
ImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Kimberly wrote:But I graduated last week, and I feel I can relax, at least until college starts.
Congrats. Glad you're feeling better about everything and have finally posted something in here :P

As for me, this isn't so much a happy thread post nor does it really belong in the vent thread...

I took my car to the dealer for an oil change and left paying $800 in new tires and air filters. The tires were my fault completely. I was an idiot a few weeks back and drove the shit out of the my rear driver side tire while it was drastically below pressure, thus destroying it. I checked the air in the front tires when my sensor went off and thought it was a bad sensor (i've had the problem before) and spaced on checking the rear ones. Two weeks later I finally noticed the rear tire was really low and filled it up. But the damage was already done.

So, I had to buy new tires. Normally this would make me anxious but for the first time in my life I've been able to afford something unexpected like this and I feel pretty good about it. I mean, it still sucks having to shell out that much money unexpectedly but it's not going to break the bank this month so I really don't have any worries.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Getting all of my groceries for the next two weeks for under $200 bucks today, that never happens when I do Insanity with it's meal plan, and I had to buy more protein powder, which usually when I have to buy protein powder my total tends to be more.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Right ear is clogged. Won't unclog. Might have an ear infection. More likely badly congested because of allergies. No pain, really, but uncomfortable and annoying.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Kionon wrote:Right ear is clogged. Won't unclog. Might have an ear infection. More likely badly congested because of allergies. No pain, really, but uncomfortable and annoying.
Herpderp. This was supposed to be in the Vent thread. :down:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:12 am

Just got the email saying my replacement Stormtrooper, NE armor kit will be shipping in about a week... So excited to actually start working on it.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Always in the back of my head I have this thought like "What if one day I stop liking anime, because it starts to suck." Many people would say that it already does, or that it's getting worse, or whatever, but I'm completely surprised by how good this season is and by how much I still like it.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:33 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Always in the back of my head I have this thought like "What if one day I stop liking anime, because it starts to suck." Many people would say that it already does, or that it's getting worse, or whatever, but I'm completely surprised by how good this season is and by how much I still like it.
x2 on the goodness, though it rarely surprises me. I know a lot of people who are like "man, I always get bored of stuff and think it's shit after a few years", but to be honest - I've never been embarassed or got tired of things that I liked in life. Stuff that I thought was pretty cool when I was 9 or 10 or 17 or 22 years old still seems cool today, I just forget about it sometimes. So I'm pretty sure animu is for life... unless you become a boring old person who hates fun :P

As for me, I'm finally having a chance to de-stress with my family and recover from crap/realign my priorities a little. Ultimately, I'm remembering that some stuff in life is not worth stressing over. I'm also quite happy to report that though I was really worried about my parents for the past few weeks (largely because of the deaths in my family), when I got here I'm glad to say that I found them well and in good spirits. We've had fun digging through old photos, and all in all... they're just doing good, really! Phew. Still glad I'm here now though.

Oh, and to top off the happy stuff, I'm going on a 2-week road trip in California with one of my best friends that I haven't seen in ages. Fuck the police :bzz:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”