Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am

:up: :o

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 am

Had a very fun/interesting time last night handing out candy at the local church. Fun because I got to spend time with family/friends and get to see lots of interesting costumes, and interesting because I know they all secretly think I'm insane for my various moral/political beliefs that don't coincide with the church's. They kept poking me all night for answers to hot-button topics, waiting for me to explode crazy all over them. XD

Oh, and hot damn at leftover candy. Chocolate. <3

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am

I had a good halloween, I went trick or treating with the kids (didn't get any candy myself, but I dressed up), feet still hurt.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

So I'd been procrastinating for weeks on applying for a teaching gig I really wanted. It's for this awesome department that I worked as a TA for a year before, and is an opportunity for me to teach full-time. Unlike my own department, they are actually very organized and super-easy to deal with, and all of the other teachers there are really nice people and always seemed to be on the same page as me in terms of teaching.
By now I figured that the job would be already taken, being November and all...

Suddenly, before I even write or say anything, THEY email me today out of nowhere and are like, "Hey George, do you want this job? We'd love to have you!"

Man, I wish job-searching always worked like this! :D
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Otohiko wrote:So I'd been procrastinating for weeks on applying for a teaching gig I really wanted. It's for this awesome department that I worked as a TA for a year before, and is an opportunity for me to teach full-time. Unlike my own department, they are actually very organized and super-easy to deal with, and all of the other teachers there are really nice people and always seemed to be on the same page as me in terms of teaching.
By now I figured that the job would be already taken, being November and all...

Suddenly, before I even write or say anything, THEY email me today out of nowhere and are like, "Hey George, do you want this job? We'd love to have you!"

Man, I wish job-searching always worked like this! :D
Awesome break you got there :up:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Joined one of those online survey websites (checked this one out beforehand and it's clean) and it's actually pretty easy/fun. :D

Really simple stuff, like questions about alcohol I like and cat foot preferences, plus I'm earning those rewards like mad after just a week or two. Some people say it takes them months to get anything worth any value (the only complaint about the service I joined) but if it continues at this rate I'll have some pretty sick giftcards in time for Christmas. lol

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

nuff said :D

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm

I like your cat foot preferences, Scott.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 pm

I got a call from a CPA firm in the capital who snagged my resume from the state database and want me for an interview! :D

Could be a good opportunity, might not be anything, but it's something interesting. Their website sucks though. We're talking Frontpage 2003 template BS. >_>

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:28 am

Had a date Got to hang out with my friend today :ying:

Return to “General Discussion”