The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:10 pm

CodeZTM wrote:In the past few weeks, I came to the decision to return to college and pursue a second degree in teaching. Starting next August (assuming everything goes according to plan), I should be on the path towards something I wanted to do since I was a small child. Wish me luck, I am an anxious bottle of nerves right now, and hope the next few days turn out to be fruitful in this endeavor. Just a few more steps! :)

My weight loss is now at 58 lbs. Still going!

Also, Doma died today, and to keep a solemn promise I kept to myself this morning if the bill did get declared unconstitutional...
Spoiler :
Well, I'd it wasn't already incredibly obvious, I'm gay. There, I said it to someone. >\\\\\<

My biggest secret of the last decade, pretty much... Well, there it is. Maybe one day I'll have the ability to say that to my family, but... That day is not today. I tried but.... My words just wouldn't come out.

Someday though. And maybe... Well, maybe one day I won't be so scared of opening my heart up, and maybe I'll get to meet someone special.
Tl;dr: Good day. Very.... Very good day.
Rock on man!

If I didn't want to be a filmmaker, teaching would have been my next choice for a career since helping students is awesome.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm

:o

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Post by Mamo! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:26 pm

That's awesome Code <3 Having friends who support you helps so, so much. Eventually, the right time will also arrive for your family, but it'll happen when it happens. Best wishes my friend, let me know if you ever need any advice. :o

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Congrats Code! |:> |:> |:>

GO FORTH AND KICK ASS!!!

I've been waiting on you to come out for a while hehe Good on ya! Go to AWA and we shall have a proper celebration >:3

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Good for you Code!

Some words of advice for becoming a teacher:

-The Faculty of Education only tells you 'about' teaching;
-Nobody is going to tell you how to teach your specific subject like Science, English, Math or whatever

--Find out what specific classes you will end up teaching
--Find the main textbook you will be using
--Know the textbook in and out
This is an investment well worth doing in your own time while doing your studies; otherwise your practicum will be ridiculously stressful: Imagine learning a topic... figuring out how to explain it in a lesson... then teaching it the next day... almost every day for two months. That happened to me in my introductory practicum... and it was not fun. But it's not as big a deal if you know what you're going to teach ahead of time.

-Map out your lesson plans for the whole year so everything flows together nicely (Like an AMV :o)
-Break each lesson into smaller manageable time chunks (also like an AMV :P)
-1.Intro/Content, 2.Examples, and 3.Formative Questions/Practice
-Imagine yourself actually teaching the lesson from both your perspective and the students'
-Identify any misconceptions students have about the topic so you know where they will mess up
-Make it clear and firm what you expect of the students by the end of a lesson

-Now, this is going to sound bogus, but keep a Journal where you type out your passing thoughts and feelings. No joke. This is one of the most effective ways to evaluate yourself, and grow --not just as a teacher-- but also as a person. The goal is to make it so that the words coming out of your mouth are the same as those inside your head; which, oddly enough, isn't always the case-- especially in the company of others. By typing your thoughts and feelings out, it creates a sort of "feedback loop" where you get to see your own biases and anxieties; so that you can face similar situations head-on while teaching. In this way, you'll catch your own mistakes; so you can be more open with the students; without dancing around the thoughts you are trying to avoid.

-Lastly, always tell the students about yourself in the first lesson. They need to hear some sort of background that lead to you standing before them as a real person that was once a student just like them; otherwise it's hard to develop an environment of openness and trust beyond typical student-teacher expectations.

Anyways, good luck Code! And feel free to PM me if you have any concerns.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 am

happy that everyone is happy, very contagious 8-)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

My sister, roommate, and I packed the majority of our important belongings in our storage unit and I'm currently working off my laptop. It's a bit slower than my actual PC, but I can still edit on it.

It feels good knowing that all my amv trophies and film props are in the storage unit, so my legacy is safe for now.

All I have now is my laptop, a suitcase with clothes/toiletries, and my 3DS. All ready to go in case the sheriff tosses me out for good this time. I've been looking around and found some good prices for rental properties which are easily affordable between my roommate, sister, and I (plus the fact that I've been pocketing all the mortgage and utilities money since I haven't paid for anything in 6 months :mrgreen:).

Plus, my lawyer has all of the necessary evidence and documents to push for our trial date. It's going to take a while since the courts are backed up, but if the worst happens, I can still continue my attack from safer base of operations.

My asshole landlord can bring it. :twisted: :bzz: :bzz2:

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:18 pm

sounds like your having a good day. What a bad day for nasty landlords ^_^

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Miaka999 wrote:sounds like your having a good day. What a bad day for nasty landlords ^_^
It's been a million times worse for him than it has been for me.... and it's only going to get much worse for him later. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :taco: :aimkissyface:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Miaka999 wrote:sounds like your having a good day. What a bad day for nasty landlords ^_^
It's been a million times worse for him than it has been for me.... and it's only going to get much worse for him later. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :taco: :aimkissyface:
RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWAH. :up:

But seriously, go Castor, there is no excuse for his behavior, especially when you have all the law on your side!

Return to “General Discussion”