The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:14 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:Just fuck him, then you'll know. |:>
:rofl: Ha ha, not even in the same galaxy as the Realm of Possibility.
But seriously, he sounds weird and to be in love for 6 years is creepy in my book. Not to mention, she already has a boyfriend so what's the point for him to keep trying?? He should just move on and find a new girl like you ;)
Well, it's not so creepy when you consider that six years ago he was only thirteen, so I'm sure it was more of a puppy love back then. Also, she's been fully aware of his feelings for quite a while, so it's not like he was secretly fawning over her all this time either. It's pretty much the typical story of she just wants to be friends because he's not her type, but he thinks that her boyfriend is a douchebag, and he believes that if he keeps being a good friend and showing unconditional love that she'll eventually break up with the other guy and go for him instead. I hate using this term because I don't think it's a real thing, but saying he was "friendzoned" would be the easiest way to describe the situation.

I mean, if he were a bit older, I would be a harsher judge about his unhealthy attachment, but he's still young. I re-evaluated myself completely when I got away from home and went to college. I think he just needs to get out on his own and he'll get a better perspective on life in general.

As for me, it's fun and all to joke around, but in seriousness, I'm not looking for a boyfriend here. Even if it were an option for me, romance is out of the question with things in my life as totally fucked up as they are right now. I can barely maintain friendships, forget anything more than that. At this point, I just want to focus on little things that I can do to make myself happy - like making a new friend. :)

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Had the day off so I slept in and then went out for a drive up to Lake Berryessa. Was quite enjoyable and the lake was quiet and peaceful.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Well, it's not so creepy when you consider that six years ago he was only thirteen, so I'm sure it was more of a puppy love back then. Also, she's been fully aware of his feelings for quite a while, so it's not like he was secretly fawning over her all this time either. It's pretty much the typical story of she just wants to be friends because he's not her type, but he thinks that her boyfriend is a douchebag, and he believes that if he keeps being a good friend and showing unconditional love that she'll eventually break up with the other guy and go for him instead. I hate using this term because I don't think it's a real thing, but saying he was "friendzoned" would be the easiest way to describe the situation.

I mean, if he were a bit older, I would be a harsher judge about his unhealthy attachment, but he's still young. I re-evaluated myself completely when I got away from home and went to college. I think he just needs to get out on his own and he'll get a better perspective on life in general.

As for me, it's fun and all to joke around, but in seriousness, I'm not looking for a boyfriend here. Even if it were an option for me, romance is out of the question with things in my life as totally fucked up as they are right now. I can barely maintain friendships, forget anything more than that. At this point, I just want to focus on little things that I can do to make myself happy - like making a new friend. :)
Honestly, I don't understand why us guys get so hung up on one girl that HAPPENED to like us at one point. I think we're just desperate for some attention because we watch too much pron or maybe too many harem anime shows. And lay that ban hammer down on the poor guy! :twisted: Scar him horribly until he's done crying and doesn't want anything to do with the real world! Its the quickest and most efficient way possible! Of course, you may lose him as a friend but that's just minor details. ^_^

Just Kidding, of course. But, honestly, I kinda had that similar situation with a girl I knew and we talked too each other for awhile but she knew that, unless she was interested in me, that our relationship was essentially... Pointless... Sad to say but true. The problem was that I needed to realize that: "Hey, I'm the third wheel in her life. And, unless I want to keep being used like a rag doll for her too keep telling me all her f*cking emotional drama that I don't even want to bother listening too, then I should break off my relationship with her." My brother helped me snap out of that fantasy and into reality about what was really going on. So, I just told her I don't want to hang out anymore. Then she asked me if she could still call me. So I said no and that was the end of that relationship. :P

The thing I'm just trying to say, whether its easy for him to hear or not, is that even if her boyfriend is a douche bag, he needs to butt out because its their relationship, not his. And he needs to learn not only to respect their relationship, but also respect himself enough to not let himself keep hoping for a fantasy. Anyway, just my two cents! I LOVE relationship drama! 8'D

catgod
cat stalker
Org Profile

Post by catgod » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 am

Pwolf wrote:Had the day off so I slept in and then went out for a drive up to Lake Berryessa. Was quite enjoyable and the lake was quiet and peaceful.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.pwolfamv.com/other/IMG_3119.jpg
very snice, in my town our lake is dried up so that's cool :shark:
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Yo lake is so dried up you got old towns popping up in the lake!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm

This GIF.

Fantastic.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Vacation almost over now...wrapping it up now, sitting in a Chili's in Atlanta with the CBR crew.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Got a call while I was sleeping... thought it was someone who wanted to hang out or something... I am now a math tutor at my college... :D

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 pm

:up:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Found Diamonds in Minecraft!

Return to “General Discussion”