Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Re: Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:00 am

Welcome new people! Glad to see more people are coming to this site and it's being active again xD

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi, my name is shorisquared. I've only been editing for a little bit, but I love making AMVs. I had an account on here before, but I wasn't very active. However, I want to change that by starting fresh and getting more involved in the community. I hope it works out well. Thanks!
ImageImage

thenameisthegame
Org Profile

Post by thenameisthegame » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:42 am

Hi, I'm thenameisthegame. Also known as thenameisthegame on Skyrim Nexus. Yeeaah, been lurking around here for a while now, and finally figured I'd give this place a shot, for the sake of all the lost AMVs on youtube (either due to copyright infringements or just, well, youtube accounts vanishing in thin air, either forced closed down or just, weirdly not existing anymore... so many good ones I should have saved, so many regrets).

As of late I've seen too many masterpieces go away and am frustrated to see some other pieces which, with all due respects to those who created them, pale in comparison with the ones I see now gone alas are still around despite also ''infringing'' on the same grounds those then great pristine AMVs were... I hate to say this, but why must it be all my favorite ones that get taken down? But what can I do about all this, well, that's what:

I'll be asking around for those lost gems, as well as (if I can) help finding others when requested.

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:31 am

Hello! I'm Princess Mareep!

I've been editing since 2006 and I'm hoping to get to familiarize myself with this site more so I can be more in touch with the amv community that's not youtube.

I'm on amv staff for Nekocon and Katsucon, the amv department head for Anime-Mid Atlantic and I'm currently the coordinator for Old Dominion's amv contest. I also am in an amv studio, FullMetal Hearts, with my best friend since middle school.

My goal here is to make friends, to actually get back into editing full videos and to improve my editing skills!!! :)
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 am

HOLY CRUD I MESSED UP. I'm the assistant department head for Anime-Mid Atlantic, NOT the department head.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

deadantsmell
Org Profile

Post by deadantsmell » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Hey! I've been a member here for a while, but I've never been active. I've only uploaded one video I made for a friend as a joke, but it was a lot of fun to make! So I'd like to get involved with the community and start editing more!

Janzim
Org Profile

Post by Janzim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Been editing for quite some time! Recently made a mini AMV out of pure boredom and uploaded on my youtube channel.

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:40 am

Hello, I've been a member of a-m-v.org since 2011 and I've been making videos since 2008, but I'm just recently getting into focusing more on improving my work and submitting to contests... mostly I'd just like to get my videos out there for people to see, there's nothing better than that. :) Anyway, I hope to be able to connect with other AMV creators here and learn how to improve my work.

ElpIDa
Org Profile

Post by ElpIDa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:46 am

Hi everyone :D I'm a new member here. I started making AMVs in 2013 but I am not that active as I only made 2 AMVs so far. However I would like to improve my skills to make professional looking AMVs. I hope that being here will help me achieve that one day :)
Thanks Minasa

cmdshft
Org Profile

Post by cmdshft » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Well, it's been about 9 years since my last meaningful post on these forums, I seriously doubt anyone remembers me still, unless you loved my absolutely horrendous videos during my most noobish years. Been a member since 2004 though, wow, where has the time gone?

Lots has changed I can see. All hail NME RIP </3.

I graduated with an associates in Computer Science, what a waste that was for me. Had a son, now 8. Became a Paramedic and work in a very busy city in New Jersey. Finally moving into my own place this summer, on top of building a sweet street car setup as well over the next two years.

I habitually play Borderlands 2 and TPS, excited to be building a new gaming rig and pickup where I left off in Halo 4 since my 360 took a crap.

Hopefully I will keep up with folks here. I see a few familiar names still hanging around, which is nice.

Return to “General Discussion”