Comic Books

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Comic Books

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Being ever on the hunt for other independent director type people, I recently discovered this, and bought it brand new for $7.

Broken Saints:
http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Saints-Ani ... 521&sr=8-1

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it to anyone, especially fans of comics/manga. It's an interesting crossover, especially since it's animated. AND IT'S 12 HOURS LONG. I think it was originally a web series, so the stories are broken up into small little pieces that all tie together. Brad & Kiki, Maybe it will be helpful in your pursuit. Looking forward to your stuff guys :O

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

I'm familiar with Broken Saints. I had seen previews of it here and there when it was first coming out and have seen the DVD set around. Unfortunately though, I was never really all that interested in it given I just didn't care for the art style. Also, I tend to just not care much for motion comics. It seems like a wild contradiction considering I'm a motion graphics designer and I love comic books, but every one I've seen (including the one for Astonishing X-Men, one of my all-time favorite series, and done by a professional studio) has always just felt stiff and weird. When it comes to bringing these characters/settings to life, I guess I just want to see it animated properly. I think the motion idea works fine if it's for something short like a trailer (I'm probably gonna be incorporating some comic book style graphics in my next demo reel) or in a documentary type setting (the motion style they used in the Secret Origins: The Story of DC Comics [fantastic doc btw] was really beautiful).

So yeah, I'm sure there's probably something cool with the story there, but the medium is just not for me :\
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 am

Im a big fan of The Runaways ,Young Avengers, and Generation Hope (The Runaways are AMAZING, all three Volumes but im going to admit volume 3 isnt that good until the VERY end)

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:54 am

Return to “General Discussion”