AWA 2010 - Pro downloads active; Expo 4 days left, August 20

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kholaras
Org Profile

AWA 2010 - Pro downloads active; Expo 4 days left, August 20

Post by kholaras » Sun May 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Expo deadline approaching, August 20. This is the deadline by which your video MUST be entered into our system and a request for an ftp account made. These upload accounts will last through the weekend and be closed out late Sunday or early Monday. The site is technically set to stop accepting entries tomorrow at 4am and I believe it is operating in the Mountain time zone, which by my calculations means you may be submitting when I'm asleep. So don't freak if your ftp request isn't tendered immediately. If you want to enter but need a small extension due to extenuating circumstances, register it on the website FIRST, then contact me. It's easier to remove it if things don't work out than to add it after the fact.

All of the contest documentation should be updated with a mailing address for any physical media or pro entry forms (if you don't have a way of getting them to me digitally. Scans, legible photograph, screen cap with digital signature, all valid. I've got to have them though for you to be fully entered into the contest in addition to the website video registration and the video itself). This is a personal and residential mailing address that has some quirks, so please be sure to use the address exactly as shown with no additions, annotations, or rearranging. CD/DVD sized padded envelopes preferred with appropriate jewel cases or, at the very least, plastic/paper sleeves.

Contest deadlines are:
Pro - July 23, 2010
Expo - August 20, 2010

Please refer to the rules (http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?page=vat_amv_contests) for submission formatting guidelines and detailed instructions as well as a link to the submission website. If you have any questions please post them here or send them to the addresses linked to from the above site.
Last edited by kholaras on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

Brad
Org Profile

Re: AWA16 contests posted; Pro July 23; Expo August 20

Post by Brad » Sun May 09, 2010 9:32 pm

So is there not gonna be the short attention span contest this year?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun May 09, 2010 9:39 pm

w00t!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 am

Brad wrote:So is there not gonna be the short attention span contest this year?
I have had a SAST video waiting and done for one and a half years now. If there is no SAST this year, I'm sending it to the Expo contest anyway. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Mon May 10, 2010 6:53 am

Scintilla wrote:
Brad wrote:So is there not gonna be the short attention span contest this year?
I have had a SAST video waiting and done for one and a half years now. If there is no SAST this year, I'm sending it to the Expo contest anyway. :P
What is the "T" in SAST for? I make it "SASC".
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 am

HalOfBorg wrote:What is the "T" in SAST for? I make it "SASC".
Theater
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2010 contests posted; Pro July 23; Expo August 20

Post by HalOfBorg » Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 pm

:up:
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon May 10, 2010 1:26 pm

From what I heard when Matt was running things, the SAST was only slated for two years as they had two trophies made and by the tiem the second one rolled around, there were less entires and nto as funny. I did hear that Masters was suppose to come back a a yearly contest, but I not sure it that is being considered this year or not either.

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Vlad, as always, has it pretty right. SAST was never really intended to become a staple contest. It was an experiment, and as the hourglasses that Matt acquired for the original trophy could only be purchased in pairs, we assured that the contest would happen at least twice =)

While fiddling with the rules for a third contest this year, for a variety of reasons we just felt that everything we were trying was encroaching on material that would be more appropriate in or directly compete against the other two contests. There's been discussion about returning Masters' to a once a year run, but for now it's remaining on hiatus until next year. For anyone who pre-prepped an SAST-like video, we'll happily accept them to Expo. Thanks to our organic category generation process they're sure to get a fair run.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

I am all over this like stink on MD

Return to “AMV Contests”