DragonCon AMV Contest 2010

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
zeiram_00
Org Profile

Re: DragonCon AMV Contest 2010

Post by zeiram_00 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 pm

I like that a new method was used for audience vote but it definitely needs some tweaking. honestly, i find myself not voting purely on how much i liked the video but voting to equalize what are clearly people boosting stats for themselves or their friends. but i've never been a huge fan of audience vote because there is always bias and many times the audience just votes in weird ways. the almost instant feedback on a contest entry is nice and i like having another distribution method for my videos (as Hal said, its nice to know people are actually watching your vids)

and good job on adding the live-action category, its getting a huge response (not all are quality vids but entries none the less)
People are Stupid, Individuals are Intelligent

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:04 am

zeiram_00 wrote:I like that a new method was used for audience vote but it definitely needs some tweaking. honestly, i find myself not voting purely on how much i liked the video but voting to equalize what are clearly people boosting stats for themselves or their friends.
What would be best, imo, would be to 1.allow only one vote for ONE video OR 2. Hide the results so people can't immediately see them and go "hey, this video is winning! I'm going to downvote it and upvote my favorite!"

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:52 am

irriadin wrote:
zeiram_00 wrote:I like that a new method was used for audience vote but it definitely needs some tweaking. honestly, i find myself not voting purely on how much i liked the video but voting to equalize what are clearly people boosting stats for themselves or their friends.
What would be best, imo, would be to 1.allow only one vote for ONE video OR 2. Hide the results so people can't immediately see them and go "hey, this video is winning! I'm going to downvote it and upvote my favorite!"

This is what I think should be done, to truly make it fair for all entrants.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:11 am

spk1983 wrote:
irriadin wrote:

But then if a video is added after you cast your vote, you wouldn't be able to vote for the new video. And the only system that could allow you to change your votes would probably require everyone to register for individual user accounts.

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 am

kireblue wrote:
spk1983 wrote:
irriadin wrote:What would be best, imo, would be to 1.allow only one vote for ONE video OR 2. Hide the results so people can't immediately see them and go "hey, this video is winning! I'm going to downvote it and upvote my favorite!"

But then if a video is added after you cast your vote, you wouldn't be able to vote for the new video. And the only system that could allow you to change your votes would probably require everyone to register for individual user accounts.
In that case, wait until you've got all the videos collected; then post them for voting.
ImageImage

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes, we are aware of the voting issues and we have thrown out votes when this has happened. There will be tweeks to the rules and voting system next year but for now I was asked to post this.

http://www.dragonconamv.com/2010/08/sportsmanship/
http://www.dragonconamv.com/2010/08/more-cheating/

Thank you all for participaing and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday September 5th at 11:30 pm.

Nim

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Nimthiriel wrote:Yes, we are aware of the voting issues and we have thrown out votes when this has happened. There will be tweeks to the rules and voting system next year but for now I was asked to post this.

http://www.dragonconamv.com/2010/08/sportsmanship/
http://www.dragonconamv.com/2010/08/more-cheating/

Thank you all for participaing and I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday September 5th at 11:30 pm.

Nim
good job at tracking down the fraudulent votes. I can't wait to see the real results.

rpm77
Org Profile

Post by rpm77 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 am

Does voting your own vid a 10 count as cheating? The first rating on my AMV was a 1 and I panicked. >.<

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 am

rpm77 wrote:Does voting your own vid a 10 count as cheating? The first rating on my AMV was a 1 and I panicked. >.<
It shouldn't count as cheating. Its perfectly reasonable to vote for your own vid. I voted for mine.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 am

Hmmm. If it IS considered to be OK then I will vote for mine as well as the others.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”