Blame Kitsuner for getting me to bring this one back. If you absolutely loathe pokemon or can't come up with an idea for this contest, I highly advise you go over to the Other thread, which may or may not have more possibilities/creative freedom.
Team Rocket Wants You Project!
It's twisted, it's fucked up.. It's BACK! .....AGAIN!
TeClmmlEd wrote:you deserve to die *deletes vid* its not that i dont like it its....its just......if my mom catches me watching it she will think im a queer
TRWYP, which is actually a contest, began it's somewhat less than humble beginnings in 2004 with a prize of $50. The challenge? Make a "serious" AMV without using the pokemon anime to the Pokemon (American) OST's "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" song. It then surfaced again with many of the same rules in 2005 with a $100 prize with the required use of "Pokemon(Dance Mix)". Now in 2010 it's back.SSJVegita0609 wrote:Watching this video twice made me die a little on the inside. I feel like there's a specific part of my dignity that I will never be able to recover. Seriously, sitting through these three and a half or so minutes is the equivalent of slow torture. I'd sacrifice a finger to ensure that I would NEVER have to watch this again.
I went through many possibilities after Kitsuner mentioned he missed TRWYP in my other $100 prize thread. I went through four different pokemon soundtracks, and finally I just said to hell with it- We'll go back to the beginning. We're going to go back to using the Team Rocket song again.
It's been 7 years, only one person entered the first time, so we should be good to go. Right? OK. 8)
So for those in need of a recap:
TRWYP is not a project, it is a contest.
I give you a song from the Pokemon OST - In this case, "Double Trouble (Team Rocket)" - And you make it. You lose, you lose. You win, you get 100 bucks (USD). This will be given to you via Paypal or amazon emailed gift card.
SONG: Double Trouble (Team Rocket) from the Pokemon 2BA Master Soundtrack
Download | Stream
- The video you make cannot be a comedy/parody
- The video must have a serious-theme (make your best effort)
- The video cannot be NC-17 or higher (rated)
- You CAN have video games or cartoons, but no live-action
- It doesn't have to be just one video source
- You have to have some type of source (No ErMaC DDR AMVs)
- You must use the song I supply, you can edit it's length to no shorter than two minutes, you cannot add any other music/sounds to the music I provide
- You MAY NOT edit the music to any large degree or remix it- the only editing you can do is to trim it for a desired length.
- Sources should be clean (DVD rips ideally; no watermarks, subtitles, etc. Unless intentionally placed)
The following sources WILL NOT be used under ANY circumstances:
(The last three as they were used for previous TRWYPs)
ONE winner will receive 100USD in the form of a paypal transaction or emailed amazon gift card.
There is the possibility of consolation or runner-up prizes, but I make no guarantees what they will be or even if they will exist.
NO MORE EXTENSIONS.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO:
Simply PM me or post in this thread the following things:
- link to download your video
- what anime/source(s) you used
- whether it is all right to link others (in this thread) to your video (if you PM it to me) before the deadline
Q: Can I have my studio bumper in the video?
A: Yes. I'm judging by what I like best, it's not blind or anything.
Q: Can I upload it somewhere and show it off before the deadline?
A: Yes. Just make sure you give me the link so I know you've finished.
Q: Will you beta test my videos? You know, since it's your contest and I really really want to win?
A: No, I will not beta test these videos. Just make them to the best of your ability. You can beta test them with others, if you'd like.