$100 Prize AMV Contest [Winners announced]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: $100 Prize AMV Contest

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

kickass331 wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:OC, action, action, action.

I'm outta here :down:
this is why I don't like your videos. You don't like action, so I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that rather watch clannad than ghost in the shell, both of which share 1 thing in common, and that's that they do not feature shabby animation, other than that clannad sucks, and go watch it since you don't like ghost in the shell because it's a good anime, and good = bad and black = white since you will never understand what it means to do something entertaining. Case in point your amvs are boring, they may be really well put together, but they are boring and you are a boring person.
I haven't watched GitS (it's on my To Watch list and I know I should watch it) but I watched, say, TTGL and I enjoyed it immersely.

I just stated that this contest is not for me, since I can't "edit" action (and I can do OC, but not the one SQ wants, probably) and that it's maybe too one-sided (though I admit it's SQ's contest, so it can be as SQ-sided as she wants it to be). I don't see why you have to attack me for that.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:24 pm

What would be your suggestions to make the contest more "fair" then, Nya?

I'm open to suggestions.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm

SQ wrote:What would be your suggestions to make the contest more "fair" then, Nya?

I'm open to suggestions.
throw in one comedy and I'm sure basically anybody can do comedy. Except me, I have a pretty messed up sense of humor.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Not saying it's "unfair", it just seems to me that there's not enough diversity - you provide themes, but the themes are too narrow, especially in "editor type" way of things.

Most visible example would be, I'd say, in the "Visual Stuff" paragraph - you really don't know any example of visual/effectsy packed slow video? When you give an example of Decoy's -insert shounen here- Beat, I think of "hurrdurrdurrdurrrrrrlotsofflashes!" vid.

Maybe it's not that much about the actual categories as about the wording :+)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Not saying it's "unfair", it just seems to me that there's not enough diversity - you provide themes, but the themes are too narrow, especially in "editor type" way of things.

Most visible example would be, I'd say, in the "Visual Stuff" paragraph - you really don't know any example of visual/effectsy packed slow video? When you give an example of Decoy's -insert shounen here- Beat, I think of "hurrdurrdurrdurrrrrrlotsofflashes!" vid.

Need some themes? I have like 3 pages of themes from what Project Editor 3 was going to have, and the rest of the themes from Project Editor 2. With 100$ prize and no compilation bullshit, this could actually be viable. :twisted:

/kidding

I thought it was pretty fair myself, but bah.

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Not saying it's "unfair", it just seems to me that there's not enough diversity - you provide themes, but the themes are too narrow, especially in "editor type" way of things.

that's because slow effects videos are like boiled potatoes. Sure you can mash them, but eating them in the shape of french fries with a burger would be awful.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 pm

If you want to argue about editing styles, do it in General AMV, not annoucement threads, not contest threads.

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Code wrote:If you want to argue about editing styles, do it in General AMV, not annoucement threads, not contest threads.
yeah nya chan, make a thread in general so I can be a volunteer firefighter.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 pm

I don't know how else to word it.
I did throw in a few more samples, though.

I thought the categories were rather vague, myself. I cannot find examples that fit every possibility, just a few. I don't care if you make a fast or slow video, as long as it matches the general concept, which for Visual euphoria, would just be an overload of visual effects.
It is possible to do this with a slow song/story/theme etc., but just because that is not the immediate possibility that comes to mind does not mean I wouldn't allow it.

I'm not really sure how else to word it, but I do realize the first post is pretty messy as a whole.
I'll look at it tomorrow I suppose and try to re-organize my thoughts.

When you were talking of the OC AMV- what did you mean you wouldn't do it in the way I'd like?
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Nya-chan Production
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Maybe I'll try visual effdects overload... maybe :>

As for the OC - the guy just isn't something I'd like to play with and make an OC. Also it's a limitation and I dislike them when making an OC.

And yeah, I am picky XD

Return to “AMV Contests”