JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 am

For all those "it's too late anyways" - why didn't YOU do it when you saw others didn't/tried and failed?

Just talking is easy :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Ileia » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 am

Probably because in the first instance there was no real "I'm no longer doing this" statement, as far as we knew it was still on-going. (Especially with the "one more week for judging" update) By the time it became apparent that nothing was happening or going to happen, anyone's try at a JCA would get the "too late" bit that this one is getting.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Bauzi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:12 am

Yeah I love the people who just jump in to say something negative...
Image
Image
User avatar
Bauzi
 
Joined: 21 May 2004
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Status: Under High Voltage

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:48 am

Ileia wrote:Probably because in the first instance there was no real "I'm no longer doing this" statement, as far as we knew it was still on-going. (Especially with the "one more week for judging" update) By the time it became apparent that nothing was happening or going to happen, anyone's try at a JCA would get the "too late" bit that this one is getting.

Possibly, but I still don't care ;>

Thanks for the insight, though, much truth on that, even though I slightly disagree ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Haunter103 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm

It just means that the best solution is for someone to be on top of this next year so it isn't late in relation to the VCAs again. I would like to see the JCAs preserved, and think it's great what Sanya is doing. The negative air from people about why this shouldn't happen seems unnecessary :|
>O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) >O_) (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O < (_O <
User avatar
Haunter103
 
Joined: 07 Aug 2003
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

Haunter103 wrote:It just means that the best solution is for someone to be on top of this next year so it isn't late in relation to the VCAs again. I would like to see the JCAs preserved, and think it's great what Sanya is doing. The negative air from people about why this shouldn't happen seems unnecessary :|


Fsking agreed. Good on ya, Sanya.
Image
User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Location: The Laboratory
Status: Master of Science

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am

The final voting (which should be rather quick) is in the process.

Few interesting facts:

Some winners didn't even get through final nominations.
One of the judges refused to nominate any category s/he was in, even though the rules stated that the only exception was "vid" - not "category".
Another judge completely left out nominating people.
And, finally, one of the judges went crazy with nominating new vids into the contest - one extra in almost every category.

Keep up for the results!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Kitsuner » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:And, finally, one of the judges went crazy with nominating new vids into the contest - one extra in almost every category.

I like this judge.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Gaurry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:54 am

btw, who are these judges? Nya's friends or...?
Image
User avatar
Gaurry
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Location: Moscow/Russia

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Bauzi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:24 am

Come on. Show some respect for Nya and trust her maturity.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bauzi
 
Joined: 21 May 2004
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Status: Under High Voltage

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Kyssifur » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:04 am

I'm with Nya!
we are awesome
User avatar
Kyssifur
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Status: I can Ntertain

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:07 am

Gaurry wrote:btw, who are these judges? Nya's friends or...?

Maybe it's you :>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Gaurry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Bauzi wrote:Come on. Show some respect for Nya and trust her maturity.

Not so long ago we laughed at her cries that her video did not win on VCA =) (dont remember in what year it was)
Therefore interesting, whom our mature Nya appointed respected judges)
Image
User avatar
Gaurry
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Location: Moscow/Russia

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Bauzi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Gaurry wrote:
Bauzi wrote:Come on. Show some respect for Nya and trust her maturity.

Not so long ago we laughed at her cries that her video did not win on VCA =) (dont remember in what year it was)
Therefore interesting, whom our mature Nya appointed respected judges)

You're speaking of years. People can change over time.

Why so negative?
Image
Image
User avatar
Bauzi
 
Joined: 21 May 2004
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Status: Under High Voltage

Re: JCAs 2010 - Third time's the charm

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Because he'd be trollin like that Image
User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: California
Status: Free

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MaboroshiStudio and 4 guests