Jubjub2
RiderG
Stryyder
Brad DeMoss
LC Lapen
Phantasmagoriat

ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY AT THIS POINT!

Online entry deadline - Friday, May 28th, 2010 11:59 PM EST
All entries MUST be submitted no later then these dates. Any entry arriving after this date will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!! 
Contact the AMV Coordinator: amv@animemidatlantic.com for more information.

Please use Mega Upload or a file sharing site. I will be working on an FTP site in the next few weeks.

AMV Categories
Action – (Fast pace videos, fights, adrenaline rushing, exciting, conflict, thrilling...)
Comedy – (Funny, Jokes, Pranks, this should be self explanatory)
UpBeat Rhythm – (Techno, Dance, Fast Pace, happy etc.)
EPIC – (NEW CATEGORY THIS YEAR!!!) – Yes our mystery category returns again. This category are for those video that have that over the top feeling. That heroic feel to them. (EX : Animes such as InuYasha, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Bleach, etc.) Amazing fight scenes, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. an amv that has alot of suspense, drama, action, draws you in and keeps you wanting more. Another example along the lines of a great battle, good vs. evil. Things that would be consider epic falls into this category.
The top submissions in each category are voted on by the audience. Our hand-selected panel of judges and the convention chairman choose our special Judge’s favorite and Chairman’s Awards respectively.

Awards will be Best of Category (one for each of the six)
Best of Show
Judge's Choice Award
Coordinator's Choice
Con Chair's Award

Each category will be judged by the judges on which videos will make the final cut. Then the audience will vote on which one they like best. As for the Judge's Choice Award this is the award of the judges that they thought was the Best Video overall.

Judging

Judging will be based on several factors. We will be judging on a scale 1-10, Originality, Action Sync (this will include lyrical sync if applicable, beat sync, flow of the video, story and/ or theme consistency, lipsync if applicable, digital effects. Of course video quality and sound quality will be taken into consideration for the purpose of displaying the video in the contest so poor quality videos will have a lesser chance of making the finals. So please make sure your video and sound quality is clear.

Submission Form________________________________________

You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname, if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
To make things easier, we would prefer that you use the naming convention of “Editor’s name – AMV title” to name both your AMV and submission form so that we can make sure to keep them together.
(i.e. “John Smith – My AMV.avi” and “John Smith – My AMV.txt”).

Submission Format

All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 frames per second OR 23.976 frames per second with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 48000 Hz audio
Any of the following encoding formats may be used, provided that they meet the above standards:
Video:
- MPEG 1 or 2
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- MP4’s
Audio:
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

AMV Rules________________________________________

1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.

2) AMV's should NOT Contain any bumpers we will be doing the bumpers ourselves to save time for the contest.

3) A maximum of three submissions per person, one per category is allowed.

4) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5:30 minutes running time in length.

NEW RULE! 4a) AMV's must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. Live action is allowed in AMV's as long as your video remains majority anime. (This rule was overlooked and was brought to my attention.)

5) Submission should be recent work (i.e. made within 6 months give or take) and that the amv if you submit it should not have won multiple awards before the contest. If your amv has won 3 awards don't send it, eventhough it is good, that's considered trolling. Use your judgement we will research the videos to the best of our knowledge when they come in.

6) The following excessive materials are not allowed: nudity, violence, racial or verbal obscenities.

7) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.

7a) Subtitles will only be allowed if you put them in there yourself. If we think that the subtitles are from a fansub we will disqualify your video. (Last year they did not allow any subtitles, but I feel that if your video should use subtitles for some reason or text of any type that you should be allowed to use it as long as we can tell that you did the text yourself otherwise it will be disqualified from the contest.)

8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled out submission form. (see above)

9) Mailed submissions must have your name, phone number, address, and submission information clearly written on the jewel case and the media itself.

10) Mailed submission materials become the property of Anime Mid Atlantic, and are non-returnable.

11) Only the best quality submissions will be eligible to compete. Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.

12) Prizes will be presented during closing ceremonies on Sunday. If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense however, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic. All prizes not claimed by August 30, 2010 will become property of the convention.

13) Copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.

14) Anime Mid Atlantic is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.

15) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason at any time. Although unlikely, rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to your video, we will attempt to contact you.

16) This is a given anybody on the AMV Staff can not submit to this contest but still can have their videos shown as non-competing entries. All entries of the AMV Contest will be done in a blind screening. (yes everyone will be able to see the video.)

Any questions you can email me at genestarwind21122@yahoo.com for
more details.

I'll also except any videos that you can upload to yousendit.com and megaupload.com. Just make sure your quality doesn't suffer.

Good luck everybody and hope to see some great videos for this years contest.

Oh and don't forget Battle of the Greats is this year. I will be posting the editors name from our contest for the past 3 years, that will face off in our battle this year.

Gene Starwind 21122
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator
Last edited by Gene Starwind 21122 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest 2010 (New EPIC Category!)

Post by Adv1sor » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah! AMA! I'm going to get to work right now!

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 am

I guess I should enter something, gatta defend my title :P :roll:

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Can't wait to see what entries you guys have instore for this years contest. It's our 10th year Anniversary so this is a huge event!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 am

I'll see what I can do, as IU just said int he AX thread, I've got the BAR exam and it's cut out all my tiem I would normally be using to edit.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Okay everyone we got 2 months before the AMA deadline. We have a couple of epic entries. I would like to see a full category this year for our bonus category. Come on and make this year's AMA AMV Contest a memorable one. Also the Coordinator's Choice Headband has a special design on it this year. Pics will be up once it is completed.

Gene Starwind 21122

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Any word if a FTP's been set up for this?
ImageImage

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Are bumpers/credits allowed?
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 pm

If you could please remove any bumpers or credits from the video. We are creating them for each one as they come in.

I'll update the rules.

Thank you.

Gene Starwind 21122

(I am trying to get an FTP. I've been asking for one and they are telling me they can't get one. However I will try to see if I can get one up shortly.)

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Would it be possible to send entries in via Yousendit or similar means, if an FTP isn't set up?

Just asking because mailing entries from my location would be quite a game of chance...things often go missing in transit except by express mail methods.

Return to “AMV Contests”