2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: 2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Rules - Due 4/19/2010

Postby ngsilver » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 am

Less then 15 hours to go!

That's right! You got little over half a day to get your videos in!!! those of you submitting via snail mail lets hope you shipped out your entry last week and it'll show up today!

Those of you expecting FTP access remember that you can continue to enter new videos and request FTP accounts until the deadline at Midnight! However, keep in mind that the midnight deadline is also when I will disable all FTP accounts! Just because you have an account does not guarantee you will get your video to us! You MUST have your video uploaded or be in the process of uploading your video when the deadline arrives in order to have your video be accepted for processing!

So get your last min entries and account requests in NOW!

All account requests have been processed as of this time. If you did not receive your account information in an email then you can get your account info from the entry status page!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Re: 2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Rules - DUE AT MIDNIGHT TODAY

Postby LittleAtari » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm terrible for doing this last minute, but awaiting FTP info
LittleAtari

Postby Athena » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Comedy - Check.
Freestyle - Uploading.
Drama - Made it. Sorta.
Last edited by Athena on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Kazemon15 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:35 pm

I just checked my account today and it said problems were found.

Can I resubmit?

I really need the FTP access within the hour because I'm going to class and won't be back til 10:30PM, my time, which is after the deadline.
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

k i requested ftp :P me and stupid last minute decisions.

EDIT: GADZ!! supersonic response :shock: :shock:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Silk_SK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 pm

I wonder if I could get a last minute ftp as well?
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” - Winston Churchill
Silk_SK

Postby ngsilver » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 pm

For those of you who had videos Disqualified you will be given a few days to resubmit. This includes those of you submitting for the first time right now. However, we can only offer this for a short period of time based on how quickly we can run QC on entries being submitted now. Basically, you will have about 1 week to allow re-submissions. Unfortunately that is about all the time we can offer for resubmissions, even if it takes the full week to perform QC on entries coming in now. This is why we recommend you submit early.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Video status still says Video Received, just making sure everything's ok so i can work on any fixes if need be. Entry 43
Sephiroth

Postby ngsilver » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Video Received means the video has been received but hasn't passed through QC yet. Once QC has taken place your video should show Problems Found (if there is an error) or Video Checked (if it passed)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby SailorDeath » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

FTP IS NOW CLOSED!!!!
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
SailorDeath

Postby ngsilver » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 pm

The deadline has passed. FTP and Entry submissions are now closed.

To further discuss our rules regarding re-submission after the deadline. You are allowed 1 chance to get your video in correctly. You will request the resubmission FTP account just like you'd request a regular FTP account. You have 2 days to get your video in after being notified of the DQ. You must check the entry system in order to find out if your entry is DQ'ed, an email notification is not guaranteed.

In order to assure that the version you are uploading is correct you can use a program called gspot (google it.) We use this to check settings. It will tell you the frame rate, aspect ratio, audio codec, audio sample rate (make sure it's 48Khz,) video codec, and much more. It is recommended that you check your entry before submitting because you will not get a 2nd chance to re-submit!

Finally, the 2 day grace period is also not guaranteed. It all depends on how long it takes Outlawed (our tech guy) to get through QC on your videos. As I said, our window to allow for re-submissions is only about 1 week or so long. After that point we cannot offer re-submission as we must start culling entries for the final showing.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Re: 2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Rules - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!

Postby outlawed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:12 am

First big thanks to all who submitted. I enjoy seeing your hard work every year. Probably one of the things that keeps me interested =p

Ok I have a lot of videos to download and then review. Hopefully that will be complete Wed night.

There are a large number of new submitters this year. All but a few videos that were flagged for a DQ would have had their answer to what would happen by checking the requirements for MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 file formatting that were written. It's generally a concern to me when we get sent a wmv file or something with a frame size that doesn't match what is explicity listed. This means either you did not perform Quality Control or there was some confusion with the rules. For future reference if you have confusion with rules you should always contact us before submitting this helps me improve them.

Copy & Paste From the contest FAQ http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34824
-----------------------------------------------
Perform Quality Control
-----------------------------------------------
The majority of the tech problems we see with submissions are the result of poor Quality Control. Do not create extra work for yourself. Just because your file plays in your media player do not assume you have formatted it properly. Always double check your file and compare the output you encoded. If you burned a disc don't assume a verify pass means its good. You must play back the file and watch it all the way through.

A program like http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en is useful for checking your file's formatting from its header but you should still always watch the entire video through to see if there are problems. Programs like this can often report things slightly different from playback so it still does not hurt to triple check and use another program to check and see how the file is actually being decoded.
outlawed

Postby Kazemon15 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:29 pm

At first, I sent in my files with the wrong aspect ratio (720x480, which is what most cons go for) so I didn't realize it was different for this con and should have checked out the rules more closely.

Also, I re-submitted, but one of my files could not encode well to mp4, so I encoded it 29.97 fps 720x480 mpeg2 on my export settings. Only problem is I couldn't do anything with the audio. The audio is 48 kHz, but when I exported, it became PCM. Is that going to be a problem? It was my first time exporting as mpeg2, as well.
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
Kazemon15

Postby SailorDeath » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:At first, I sent in my files with the wrong aspect ratio (720x480, which is what most cons go for) so I didn't realize it was different for this con and should have checked out the rules more closely.

Also, I re-submitted, but one of my files could not encode well to mp4, so I encoded it 29.97 fps 720x480 mpeg2 on my export settings. Only problem is I couldn't do anything with the audio. The audio is 48 kHz, but when I exported, it became PCM. Is that going to be a problem? It was my first time exporting as mpeg2, as well.

For mpeg 2 we use mp2 stereo audio, and PCM is uncompressed, Outlawed will probably post something about it,

What encoder are you using for mpeg2 compression?
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....
SailorDeath

Postby Kazemon15 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm

I exported mpeg2 directly out of my adobe premiere elements 1.0. Since I didn't know how to make mpeg2 a different way.
Kazemon15

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests