2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: 2010 Anime Central AMV Contest Rules

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 am

Video's uploaded. Should I close my ftp account or just wait it out?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 am

If it's uplaoded close it, if there's a problem we'll send you a message and you can request a new FTP login
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 am

As I state (or I think I did) in the email with the FTP info, you must close your account for us to do anything with the video within. Until you close the account your video's status will not move from "Entry Form Accepted" to "Video Received". I do not move your entry from the upload folder until the account has been closed, which means ultimately the file will not be seen by Outlawed for Quality Check, thus you wont know if the video is accepted. Also, that means that if there is a problem you wont know before the deadline if you need to fix an error and re-submit.

In other words, as soon as you're done uploading, close your account. It's easier on us (since we don't have to do as much work at the end) and easier on your nerves (since you'll know if your video is fine sooner.) Well, unless you don't care if your entry get's DQ'ed and you have no time to fix it. :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

will send something
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Mine are sent. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Forgot to check back to see the FTP status >_>. But now uploading.

and ftp account closed :3

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Video's sent and account is closed.
ImageImage

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Good evening dear Anime Central AMV enthusiasts. Updates have been made to the status of all received videos. Please check it iout. In other news my RAID5 is feeling fine and Global Agenda is pretty cool.

I have finally updated the sticky on the ACen forums about the contest categories.
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34891

To save you the effort of moving your mouse and clicking once I will paste below. Feel free to discuss here or on the ACen forums. The descriptions are by no means perfect. They are geared to help new submitters but there is some info there useful to know for long time submitters. If nothing else please read what I have written about our new category "Freestyle." I stole the term from swimming but I think as a one word description for our new category it is most fitting term.

---paste-----
The purpose of our category based competition is to assist in judging with objective criteria. Below are some short explanations to give you a feel of what we and the audience is looking for. Please be aware these descriptions do not cover everything and are merely to help guide you in choosing what category to classify your video in.

Action - Excitement & adrenaline are the first two words that come to mind when thinking of this category. Videos do not have to contain fight scenes from anime like Naruto. Some creators have even done action videos featuring just flying planes. This category is often heavily reliant on editing when competition enters the final stages of judging.

Comedy - Make them laugh. The simplest way to explain success in this category is can your video make an audience laugh or chuckle consistently. Concept and timing are key in this category. Be aware that stretching a single joke for 3 minutes can test the audience's patience.

Dance/Upbeat - Whether a electronic rave inspired video, a video featuring characters cutting up the floor with dance moves, or maybe just some sweet happy-go-lucky sentimentalism this category actually carries a fairly broad group of stylized videos. Historically speaking this category is often internally talked about as crowd pleasers.

Drama - Story, conflict, emotion. Those three words are often the triple crown when it comes to this category. First time submitters should beware as Drama has always been the most heavily submitted category every year. This is a category where AMV creators often take their own spin on things and want to convey something to the audience. The competition will be tight and creativity will be highly important.

Romance - Love, attraction, relationships. While this category often focuses on couplings in anime it can go well beyond that. This category does not require that the portrayal of a relationship be happy. For example while one person may submit a video featuring dates another may submit a video covering a breakup in a relationship.

Theme: Trailer - Original or parody. As long as you have music and anime you can add whatever else you like to create your own trailer for a TV show or movie. Theme changes every year typically but we decided it was a good time to repeat it due to last year's popularity and the introduction of the new Freestyle category which we wish to promote.

Freestyle - If you build it they will come. This category does not mean "other". This category exists to give a voice to videos which are often more esoteric or highly original in terms of their muse. Many AMV creators have often bemoaned the ability of some videos to reach an audience because they do not compete well in a traditional setting where specifics are being looked for in a category. This is the necessary evil and at the same time inherent weakness in most AMV contests which use category based judging. Several years back when the dance/upbeat type videos were becoming very popular they were failing to win awards because of audience reaction or restrictive categories. Thus other conventions seized upon the need to make a new category. You will now find Dance/upbeat categories at many contests. This year the AMV staff at ACen is hoping to make the term Freestyle a success that can see broader acceptance in the AMV community. A good example is a video which is predominantly horror but at the same time makes deadpan jokes a couple times throughout the video. At some contests these videos have flip flopped between comedy and drama hoping to judge better in one or the other. The reality is that the video cannot be constrained by a label and will not see success in judging because of this. We look forward to seeing where you can take us.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 pm

haha, i like the "reason for DQ" comment :P

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm

I got a comment in the "reason for DQ" section, but I'm still listed under "no" for disqualification. I'm not actually DQ'ed am I? :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”