AnimeNEXT 2010 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2010 AMV Contest

Post by Enigma » Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am

NS wrote:people are just scared of my awesome powah.
:aimkissyface: ohu

i'm entering something soon.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 am

Hello there!

I had this all planned out, up until the point that my ISP is telling me they won't be out until later this week. If you have sent me an e-mail in the past few days, I should have responded to you by now. If you sent an e-mail very recently, you should have gotten an e-mail that looks something like this, in part or in whole.

"At this point, FTP uploads available from AnimeNEXT are no longer available. You will need to submit your video through a file upload site, such as Megaupload or YouSendIt. You can either attach your video information in your e-mail to me, as an attachment in your e-mail to me, or provide a download link for your video information in your text file. Please make sure that all of your video information is filled out correctly.

I am letting you know that I have received this e-mail. Due to a technical oversight where I did not set up internet where I moved last Friday, I will have to download all AMV submissions at work, burn them to DVD, bring them home, and the Pre-Screening will be delayed slightly."

I will only be able to answer last minute questions until about 2:00 or 3:00 PM EST today.

The pre-screening will be on Friday evening. If I have internet hooked up by then, I will post the results that evening, otherwise, I will post the results on Saturday morning.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat May 22, 2010 6:18 am

AMV Contest Pre-Screening Results:

62 AMV Submissions
49 Editors
Average Video Rating: 2.57 out of 5.0.

I'm a little disappointed and annoyed. I don't understand why people cannot follow directions. Anyone who has asked for help, from me, by submitting early can tell you that I have been more than helpful in trying to clear up any possible video problems. Some issues like video quality cannot be fixed, and that is what it is.

27 Videos were submitted during the last 48 hours of the deadline. 4 Videos had to be disqualified for content. The average consensus from our pre-screeners was that 20 videos had poor video quality, 6 videos had poor audio quality, 14 videos had the wrong aspect ratio, 5 videos had some sort of watermark, and 9 videos had some sort of credits or bumpers. The average consensus was that 20 videos had nothing wrong with them, and only 10 of those videos everyone agreed that there was nothing wrong with-- and one of those 1 has to be disqualified for content.

Several videos we could not make heads or takes of content wise. We were laughing during some Dramatic / Serious videos, and thought some Upbeat / Parody videos were Dramatic / Serious-- meaning there is a direct conflict between what the editor was going for versus the viewer reaction.

All of that said, I am going to need a lot of time figuring out the play list. I'll have it figured out by the end of the day.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat May 22, 2010 11:14 am

Just Loop The sound, after 10 minutes I promise you the whole room will be singing that song, it's a catchy song XD

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 pm

The following editors will have 1 video shown during the AMV Contest:
AlbinoPlant
Black Seventeen Productions
Brad DeMoss
Burning Leaves
Corsair
DeeDee
Dragon/Roy
drewaconclusion
FilipinoKidAMV
Fullmetal_shorty23
Glitzer
InuGrl6 Productions
Jeffrey Rolek
Kazemon15
LC Productions
Michaela Macdonald
Midnyte Thunder
Mindinchaos
NerdStrudel
Rock Bird
Studio Hybrid
Travolta3335
xCattyx24
zeiram00

The following editors may have have at least 1 video shown during the AMV General Screening.
Ahmetia Campbell
Anime Chaos Productions
Anime Pandemonium
Baitmaster
Bea0661
Caliguana Studios
Celticozzy1203
DragonsEqualLife
drewaconclusion
EdgeWinds
Gibeon Zebulon
HotaruKenobi
Jeffrey Rolek
kaho produtions
LadyPicies
latiasfan2004
Midnyte Thunder
MM Is The Freak
NejiijeN
PurpleEyes
Shadowcat Productions
Still Alive Studios
Velociraptor Pictures
zeiram00

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun May 23, 2010 2:37 pm

ReligionX wrote:The following editors will have 1 video shown during the AMV Contest:
Brad DeMoss
W000000000t!!!!

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Yay! :D

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 am

I've finally worked out a playlist for the genres of the videos. We will have:

Drama
Sentimental
Action
Upbeat
Comedy / Parody

Our pre-screening judges selected 2-3 genres for almost all of the AMVs submitted. Placing the AMVs into 1 particular genres was exceedingly difficult. I came up with bunches of, "2 videos that are similar," and "3 videos that are similar." In reality, there should be 7 or 8 genres. I paired up the groups of 2s and 3s as best as possible, and we have our lineup. There are always too few upbeat videos, and one of our "dramatic" AMVs was simply too playful to be placed anywhere but upbeat-- considering the level of seriousness that goes into the other Sentimental, Action, and Drama (SAD) AMVs.

If you would like to know, for any particular reason, which genre your AMV has been placed, or what number in the line up of 24 videos your AMV falls, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

--Edit--

I should also note that, "epic," and, "pro," are not genres of AMVs, and did not help me to select the genre of your video. That is about as helpful as, "video, with music." ><

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I have written down the times for the events from the schedule. It is confusing, since they mixed up the name of what the AMV Contest and the AMV General Screening is. I am not sure how, or why, but they did, and it's too late at this point to change it.

Friday - 2:30 PM - Events B - AMV Contest (voting) 1
Friday - 7:00 PM - Video IV - AMV General Screening 1
Saturday - 10:30 AM - Events B - AMV Contest (voting) 2
Saturday - 2:30 PM - Video IV - AMV General Screening 2
Sunday - 10:00 AM - Main Events - AMV Contest Encore
Sunday - 1:30 PM - Panel 2 - AMV Basics Panel

That is what the schedule should read. It does not read that. It is going to cause problems. I can already see it. I apologize.

Later on, I will post a playlist for General Screening 1 and 2, so that editors will know which showing to attend.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

The following Editors will have at least 1 video shown during General Screening 1 on Friday
Ahmetia Campbell
Anime Chaos Productions
Baitmaster
Bea0661
Caliguana Studios
Celticozzy1203
DragonsEqualLife
drewaconclusion
EdgeWinds
Gibeon Zebulon
Jeffrey Rolek
kaho produtions
LadyPicies
latiasfan2004
Midnyte Thunder
MM Is The Freak
NejiijeN
PurpleEyes
Shadowcat Productions
Still Alive Studios
Velociraptor Pictures
zeiram00

The following Editors will have at least 1 video shown during General Screening 2 on Saturday
Ahmetia Campbell
Anime Chaos Productions
Anime Pandemonium
Baitmaster
Bea0661
Caliguana Studios
Celticozzy1203
DragonsEqualLife
drewaconclusion
EdgeWinds
Gibeon Zebulon
kaho produtions
Kevin Clayton
LadyPicies
Midnyte Thunder
MM Is The Freak
NejiijeN
PurpleEyes
Shadowcat Productions
Still Alive Studios
Velociraptor Pictures
zeiram00
Padre (if I can clear an age appropriate audience, otherwise, no.)

Return to “AMV Contests”