Ohayocon 2010 Finalists List

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
shizune39
Org Profile

Re: Ohayocon 2010 Finalists List

Post by shizune39 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Will the actual AMV's be posted?

SamuraiJake
Org Profile

Post by SamuraiJake » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:13 pm

shizune39 asked:

"Will the actual AMV's be posted?"

Best of Show

Chiyo-chan's Basterds

Video: Chiyo-chan's Basterds (Preview)
Category: Action, Comedy, Trailer
Anime: Azumanga Daioh, Hellsing Ultimate
Song: Inglorious Bastrerds
Creator: Samurai Jake

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

SamuraiJake wrote:shizune39 asked:

"Will the actual AMV's be posted?"

Best of Show

Chiyo-chan's Basterds

Video: Chiyo-chan's Basterds (Preview)
Category: Action, Comedy, Trailer
Anime: Azumanga Daioh, Hellsing Ultimate
Song: Inglorious Bastrerds
Creator: Samurai Jake
Recall any other winners?

By the way, you forgot to compress your audio.
ImageImage

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 am

Since the contest is over, I can now post the full list of the videos that were in the contest. Here's the playlist as things appeared on the ballot (with a few corrections that I didn't catch before they went to the printer, though they didn't affect anything :oops: ). There were a total of 24 videos submitted, and 23 were shown as part of the main contest. It will be up to the individual editors to post links to their videos- I'll update the top post later to include those links that are posted.

Thanks to everyone for submitting- the contest was very well received by the audience and was over the course of the weekend seen by over 2,000 of the convention's attendees. Hopefully the contest will get more entries next year for an even better contest!

DRAMA
D1: “Way Away”, Jennifer Thai, Naruto to “Way Away” by Yellowcard
D2: “Coming Home”, Tech Crew Never Dies Productions, Macross F & Hoshi no Koe to “Major Tom (Coming Home)” by Shiny Toy Guns
D3: “21 Gunbusters”, Samurai Jake, Aim for the Top! Gunbuster to “21 Gun” by Green Day
D4: “Forever With You”, Nicole Ballard, Final Fantasy VII (Crisis Core, Advent Children, Last Order) to “Ever the Same” by Rob Thomas
D5: “The 3rd Hokage’s Final Message to the Village Hidden in the Leaves”, Onikokoro Musashi, Naruto to “Everybody’s Free“ by Baz Luhrman
D6: “Can You Guess What is Real”, Serious Business Studios, .hack//LIMINALITY to “Lullaby” & “Cante per Me” by Yuki Kajiura
D7: “Tales of the Abyss Hero”, Rachel Yard, Tales of the Abyss to “Hero” by Superchick

ROMANCE
R1: “What Hurts the Most”, Jennifer Thai, Sailor Moon to “What Hurts the Most” by Rascal Flatts
R2: “You Are My Signal Fire”, Tech Crew Never Dies Productions, Howl’s Moving Castle & Spirited Away to “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol
R3: “El Tango de Haruhi”, Punch Buggy Productions, Ouran High School Host Club to “El Tango de Roxanne” by José Feliciano
R4: “Love DisConnected”, NightMistress85, Nana to “Miles Away” by Madonna

ACTION
A1: “Chiyo-chan’s Basterds”, Samurai Jake, Azumanga Daioh & Hellsing Ultimate to the Ingourious Basterds Trailer Audio
A2: “Video Games (Anime Style) Kingdom Bleach (Yoruichi vs. Soi Fong)”, Rolfyboy8, Bleach to music by Kaoru Wada & Yoko Shimomura
A3: “Handgrenade”, Drew Brisco, Akira to “Bricks” by Rise Against
A4: “When They Start Killing”, IXK08 Productions, Trinity Blood to “The Howling” by Within Temptation

UPBEAT/DANCE
U1: “Just Passing…”, Chaotic Bad-Raptor, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time to “Disastro” by Sonny J
U2: “The Love and Joy Project”, Jessie Braden, Lucky Star to “Love + Joy” by Kimura Yuki
U3: “Cho-Bit-Oh! No Name City Duels”, Serious Business Studios, Chobits to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 2 Opening
U4: “King of Spayn 2010”, Mr. Pilkington, Various Other AMVs to “Western Show on Super Mario World” by Hyadain

COMEDY
C1: “Dance 5.0”, Chaotic Bad-Raptor, Various to “1, 2, 3, 4” by Colio
C2: “ROHerpes”, Mr. Pilkington, Hare + Guu to “I Don’t Want to go to Toronto” by The Radio Free Vestibule
C3: “Detroit Metal Marauders”, Drew Brisco, Detroit Metal City to “We Are the Marauders” by Brian Setzer
C4: “Bebop Tribute”, Punch Buggy Productions, Cowboy Bebop to “Tribute” by Tenacious D
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Return to “AMV Contests”