Momocon's AMV Exhibition (FINAL DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Momocon's AMV Exhibition (FINAL DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS)

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hello everyone. My name is Erik Norelus {kireblue}, and I am the assistant director of Momocon's AMV department. Momocon is an annual convention held at Georgia Tech's campus, and it is currently the largest free admission anime/ comic/ sci-fi/ gaming convention in North America. Momocon 2010 will be the con's 6th year in operation, and we are deciding to make music (with a emphasis on rock) the theme this year. We will also be holding an AMV Exhibition with the purpose of premiering never before seen AMVs to Momocon's 7,000+ attendees. The general rules and guidelines for the exhibition are as follows:

1)This is not a competition. There are no prizes. The purpose of this exhibition is to give AMV editors old and new a chance to premiere brand new, never-before-seen Anime Music Videos in a competition free environment. As an extra challenge editors are encouraged to create an AMV that corresponds to the theme at Momocon that year. This year the theme is music in general with an emphasis on rock music. And if anyone notices the connection between Momocon's 6th year in operation and rock music, feel free to incorporate that into your video :-)

2)Due date for the videos is Saturday, March 13 2010.

3)All videos submitted must meet the following requirements:
  • *Must be under 10 minutes in length
    *Must be of reasonable video and audio quality (image must be clear and clean when full-screened)
    *Must be family friendly (a good rule of thumb is if it can't be shown on prime time television, it can't be shown at the convention)
    *Must not contain water marks that are not inserted by the editor (no cartoon network or adult swim logos!)
4)AMVs will be shown on the student center movie screen from 11:30am -1pm on Sunday.

5)At any time we reserve the right to not show a submitted AMV for any reason.

If anyone is interested in participating, the preferred method of submitting your AMV is to send it to kireblueV2@gmail.com via YouSendit.com. If you would like to submit your AMV using a different method, please contact either me or Aaron Cuneo (The head of Momocon's AMV department) via the org, at kireblueV2@gmail.com, or at Arsienna@gmail.com. Also, feel free to visit us at http://momocon.moonfruit.com/#/animeamv/4534817076 for more information.

Last edited by Kireblue on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

arsienna
Org Profile

Re: Momocon's 2010 AMV Exhibition

Post by arsienna » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Hello this is Aaron Cuneo the head of AMVs at Momocon. If anybody has any questions they are free to contact me as well via the org, through the Momocon website (www.momocon.com) or at gtg099x@mail.gatech.edu. Thank you.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Momocon's 2010 AMV Exhibition (Submission Deadline March 13)

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Momocon is now accepting submissions for its 2010 AMV exhibition. We are exactly 2 months away from the deadline of March 13th, so there is still time to send your AMV to us. Using YouSendIt is the preferred method of submitting you AMV, but any file sending method that doesn't lower video quality can also be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact either me or Aaron Cuneo (The head of Momocon's AMV department) via the org, at kireblueV2@gmail.com, or at Arsienna@gmail.com.

Also, please visit Momocon's Official Website or its forums for any other inquires relating to the AMV exhibition or the con in general.

sasukeuzi
Org Profile

Post by sasukeuzi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:04 pm

how many amvs can u send in?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 pm

sasukeuzi wrote:how many amvs can u send in?
There isn't a limit on how many AMVs that you can send in, but we ask that you don't try to submit your entire back catalog of AMVs. The purpose of this exhibition is to premiere brand new and never-before-seen AMVs to Momocon's 7,000+ attendees. So with this in mind, you may submit any AMV that meets the requirements listed in my first post, have been recently completed, or will be completed by the deadline of March 13 2010.

sasukeuzi
Org Profile

Post by sasukeuzi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 pm

ok i get that.not all the amvs will be shown right?if not how will u choose which videos will go on display?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

sasukeuzi wrote:ok i get that.not all the amvs will be shown right?if not how will u choose which videos will go on display?
We currently have our AMV exhibition scheduled to be a one hour event, but if we receive too many entries to premiere during the one hour period, we may either extend the exhibition or schedule a second exhibition to show the remaining AMVs. We reserve the right to not show any particular amv, but if a AMV meets all the requirements listed in my first post, then we probably won't have any reason to not show it.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Can I call dibs to overthrow the CBR room in the name of Spayn? |:>

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Can I call dibs to overthrow the CBR room in the name of Spayn? |:>
Aaron (the head of Momocon's AMV department) is currently working on the details of how many AMV rooms we will have this year and if CBR (Chaotic Bad Raptor) wants to have one. When we finalize this information, it will probably be available on Momocon's website within a few days. http://momocon.moonfruit.com/#/animeamv/4534817076

But sure. Go for it. I'm sure that they would love to have their room overthrown in the middle of the convention :lol: .

sasukeuzi
Org Profile

Post by sasukeuzi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 pm

sooooooooo.......if a videos quality is like low in some parts,not accepted roight? :?:

Return to “AMV Contests”