The Otakon 2009 thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TeamCanadia
Org Profile

Re: Otakon 2009 AMV Contest Rules

Post by TeamCanadia » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:27 pm

I feel like we're playing The Price is Right...

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

okay so i'm JUST ABOUT to finish my upload for my vid
unfortunately, it's a mp4 @ 29.97 fps
by the time i finish uploading an mp4 @ 60 fps, it might be over the deadline...would you still take it..? >__>;;

JediNight
Org Profile

Post by JediNight » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 am

Originally forgot to add letterbox since my footage is 16:9 after my 14hr editting marathon to finish. Upload took longer than expected, I hope Vic is a forgiving master x_X *crosses fingers*
Nick Fox
Anime Central AMV Contest Coordinator

SecondChild
Org Profile

Post by SecondChild » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:06 am

Are the videos going to be converted and burned onto a video DVD, or are they going to be played directly off a computer?

Last year it seemed like I lost a frame or two in conversion.I tried to export as close to DVD standard as possible this time around, but I don't know if it was just my imagination, or if they were even put onto a DVD last year.

Of course, all of this worrying is a bit premature, since I don't even know that I'll be part of the contest. ^_^ Still, it's nice to know what to expect!

Thanks for all the updates and info, Vic.

Oh, and I'm guessing 163 entries. =0
Last edited by SecondChild on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Take the mask off from your head/You don't know where you're being lead."

- Aaron B. (TSC)

phoenixblood
Org Profile

Post by phoenixblood » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks Vic for organizing this again (and Alan). :)

Seeing the posts on Sunday make me happy I had mine submitted Wednesday and didn't have to stress about making formatting adjustments down to the wire. (Which thank you again missy for helping me with that part :wink:)

Are we still making guesses? My guess is 187....but man, sitting through the pre-screening of that many.....D:
Last edited by phoenixblood on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:38 am

Dang,didn't realise you took .mp4 at 29.97 so I submitted an xvid version.Should I re-submit the .mp4 version?I think it looks nicer than the xvid one to be honest :(

MousePotato
Boochsack whore
Org Profile

Post by MousePotato » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 am

I miss doing this contest :(

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm

JediNight wrote:Originally forgot to add letterbox since my footage is 16:9 after my 14hr editting marathon to finish. Upload took longer than expected, I hope Vic is a forgiving master x_X
If I get a video that is widescreen, I add the letterboxing. I can't say for sure about your video since I've done it for SO MANY OTHERS ALREADY.
SecondChild wrote:Are the videos going to be converted and burned onto a video DVD, or are they going to be played directly off a computer?

Last year it seemed like I lost a frame or two in conversion.I tried to export as close to DVD standard as possible this time around, but I don't know if it was just my imagination, or if they were even put onto a DVD last year.

Of course, all of this worrying is a bit premature, since I don't even know that I'll be part of the contest. ^_^ Still, it's nice to know what to expect!

Thanks for all the updates and info, Vic.

Oh, and I'm guessing 163 entries. =0
DVD is way too restrictive a medium. I would never be able to combine the plethora of frame rates, field orders, and resolutions that I receive, on a single disc due to the limitations of the format. The videos are played live, off a computer, through a Netstream2000, with a backup SVHS tape running simultaniously in case of disaster.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

JediNight
Org Profile

Post by JediNight » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:38 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
JediNight wrote:Originally forgot to add letterbox since my footage is 16:9 after my 14hr editting marathon to finish. Upload took longer than expected, I hope Vic is a forgiving master x_X
If I get a video that is widescreen, I add the letterboxing. I can't say for sure about your video since I've done it for SO MANY OTHERS ALREADY.
Oh -- I added letterboxing before I uploaded it I meant. Don't have to worry about it.
Nick Fox
Anime Central AMV Contest Coordinator

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Even though I won't be submitting this year, I wish you all good luck, and hope to see you all there anyway.

Oh, and 143.

Return to “AMV Contests”