Tora-Con 2009 AMV Contest! Now with results!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Side Swipe
Org Profile

Re: Tora-Con 2009 AMV Contest! Now with results!

Post by Side Swipe » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 am

HMMMmmm...
I find it interesting that a video can win both it's category AND best in show... most contests I am familiar with, winning Best in show cancels out the category win and it goes to the category runner up...

also is there a list to be found of all the videos that actually competed.

ibmman
Org Profile

Post by ibmman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:43 pm

I realized our rules this year didn't include that... so I decided against making it up at the last minute. The runner up in comedy had already won in action, and the next one after that in comedy had significantly fewer votes. These issues have been noted, more than likely there will be rule revisions for next year.

I might just post the ballot somewhere, and I'm working on updating the info on the a-m-v.org site.
Tora-Con AMV Contest Coordinator 2009, 2013-2017

Side Swipe
Org Profile

Post by Side Swipe » Fri May 01, 2009 1:14 am

ibmman wrote:The runner up in comedy had already won in action, and the next one after that in comedy had significantly ewer votes.
The runner up in comedy already won in action???? how does that happen???? these videos are competing in multiple categories???? I'm confused. Do you divide the videos into categories before hand and take voting categorically or do you lump them all together and, decide what wins what by allowing people to pick what they think it's best for (category wise)?

plankster
Org Profile

Post by plankster » Sat May 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Does this mean that there's gonna be a change in winners in different categories? If it is, I can't wait to see. As for the staff pick, I can't wait to see that too.

Side Swipe
Org Profile

Post by Side Swipe » Sat May 02, 2009 9:53 pm

Seems to me there would be no change in the winners. The contest is over and the winners announced and, likely already notified.... I was just curious how they do there voting... since I didn't actually go to Tora-Con... ALSO I am curious what all videos were in the contest....

TheTreeAMV
Org Profile

Re: Tora-Con 2009 AMV Contest Results

Post by TheTreeAMV » Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm

ibmman wrote:Drama
E. F. Doyle for the Kingdom Hearts video
ZOMFG! I won my first con! Thanks so much ^^

"Sarcasm is a tool of the weak. Like diplomacy... and indecision." - Cory Alstad

Sparda9000
Org Profile

Post by Sparda9000 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:04 pm

does anybody know where I can find and/or download all of the amvs in the winning categories. Thanks for talking. i wanna see them again

Side Swipe
Org Profile

Post by Side Swipe » Tue May 05, 2009 9:43 pm

well unless they change the winners for some reason I can tell you The winner for best action IS NOT avail for download yet as I am lazy and haven't gotten around to uploading it to the org.

Sparda9000
Org Profile

Post by Sparda9000 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:49 am

Side Swipe wrote:well unless they change the winners for some reason I can tell you The winner for best action IS NOT avail for download yet as I am lazy and haven't gotten around to uploading it to the org.
I am looking for the video that won the romance section

thanks

ibmman
Org Profile

Post by ibmman » Sat May 09, 2009 8:36 pm

For winners, there should be news about prizes this coming week.

I'll try to address a couple of things right now...

The runner up in comedy already won in action????
By 'runner up' in that case I meant the submitter- the video that won comedy was submitted by the same person who was the runner up in action. This isn't an issue we've run into in the past, so once the AMV contest coordinator is determined for next year, I'll make sure that they review and revise the rules. If anyone has any specific suggestions, feel free to let me know and I can pass them on.

Edit: removed the previous link to the ballot, I've updated the first post of the thread to include the full video list also indicating winners. Incorporated some of the suggestions here, and didn't include editor names. On having the names in the ballot- that's just how we had done it before so I didn't change it. I'll pass that suggestion on for next year. I get to graduate for real this time!

There will be no staff pick video this year, as not enough of the staff had seen all of the videos to make a fair choice.

At the moment, only three of the winning videos are uploaded on a-m-v.org, and very few people has associated their contest submissions with our contest. I'll be sending something to everyone who submitted to remind them to do that.

Anyway- if you submitted, thank you! We'll be trying to make the experience next year a bit smoother, there were a few bumps this year.
Last edited by ibmman on Tue May 12, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora-Con AMV Contest Coordinator 2009, 2013-2017

Return to “AMV Contests”