Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest - RESULTS AND WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest - FINALIST

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks Vlad. I just got back from the con. And I'm kind of disappointed with what was being posted here on the forum.

Let me explain the Best of Show Award. We had this happen one time before at AMA but was told by other staff that in any contest that a person wins "BEST OF SHOW" Then that means the person has the best video and beats all. It would be redudant to say you WIN COMEDY and you're the best video in the contest. It's to make the contest more balanced. The Saturday screening the Pirates of the One Piece had a big reaction.

Also our judging process. We voted on the videos based off of Org., Lyrical Sync, Beat Sync, Flow, Consistance of Story or Theme, Digital Effects, and Lip Sync. Videos in order to qualify have to get a 7.0 out of 10 or higher to be considered for the finals. We then pick the videos that got the highest scores and put them through. We try to balance the categories but if a category doesn't have enough videos that meet the requirements then we add the next highest scoring amv into the category it goes in. As far as videos being in the wrong category. The editors put down what category they wanted their video in. We used our discretion to move videos if we felt it was necessary. Drama and Action sometimes are hard to seperate. You can have an Dramatic Action video. It doesn't always have to be bang-bang shot'em up or big explosions.

I will have the results posted on the first page here by the end of the night. I have a tournament to go to and I'll give you all the official results.

Thank you to everyone who submitted this year. We all really enjoyed your videos. We had about 400 people Friday due to the early showing and 600+ on Saturday in our Second Main Event's Room where it was standing room only for some people. We have a big show and a new category for 2010. So I'll see you guys around.

Gene Starwind 21122
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Gratz to all the winners!

I thought it was a very good contest. I enjoyed the AMVs and I liked the little cosplay fun before Friday's showing as well.

I've always been of the opinion that the AMV contest at a con should be for the entertainment of the people at the con. The AMA contests started right on time, ran without a glitch, and showed some very good AMVs.

My sincere thanks to Bryan for putting on another good show. Your hard work and dedication are evident in the AMV contest and the AMV panels you ran.

luggeriano
Org Profile

Post by luggeriano » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:53 pm

The Saturday screening the Pirates of the One Piece had a big reaction.
Well, I find this information in one hand a good thing, and I am also sad, that in my country (Hungary) in the anime community very-very few people knows and rates in its deserved place. Meh, at us, One Piece has somehow no chance against other loooong shounens like Naruto and Bleach. We have total dominance of NAruto and Bleach so you can imagine how much is reflecting this on the contestant AMVs at our contests.

And of course, congratz to every winners !
Last edited by luggeriano on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Well luggeriano, your trailer also got a good response at Anime Evolution (trailers this year had A lot of good entries)... I'd like to add it to my list of video to show in my trailers block for some of the AMV rooms I run next year

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

luggeriano
Org Profile

Post by luggeriano » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Well luggeriano, your trailer also got a good response at Anime Evolution (trailers this year had A lot of good entries)... I'd like to add it to my list of video to show in my trailers block for some of the AMV rooms I run next year

Vlad
Sure Vlad, just add it if you want :mrgreen: Btw. today a new trailer parody idea popped out. I will make it during July, when I finished my other new AMVs :)

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:27 pm

I want to thank everyone once again for submitting. I can only hope we recieve the same amount if not more entries for next year. The rules for next year's contest will be posted in August and the deadline will be in the middle of April to allow for more set up time.

I want to thank all the editors that attended the contest as well. It has been my pleasure to host the contest for you guys and I will always do my best to put on the best show I can possibly do for all you guys and the attendees. I hope I can host the contest next, that's if nothing comes up that would prevent me from being there.

We'll 2010 is going to be an exciting year for AMA as it is our 10th Anniversary. I'm already working on plans for next years contest.

The results of the contest are posted on the first page.

Gene Starwind 21122
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest - RESULTS AND WINNERS

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:43 pm

WINNER BEST IN SHOW AND JUDGE'S CHOICE AWARD - We Need You by Vlad G Pohnert

:D :D :shock: Wow... I honored to win both of those awards!

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Gratz to the winners :O :up:

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Congratulations to everyone! Good job, Luggi and Mark!
we are awesome

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:22 am

YAY. My AMV was the WORST!!

(is that a good thing???)

And 4th place for Animerata. :D

(though I prefer PortConMaine2009 - 'Animerata' won Best Comedy and Judges Award for Technical Prowess.)

:up: Congrats to all the other winners, can't wait to watch 'em. :up:
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”