Katsucon 15 AMV Contest FINALISTS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
NightMistress85
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 15 AMV Contest FINALISTS

Post by NightMistress85 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Miracle_Falcon wrote:Guess we're gonna be getting to the AMV contest early, aren't we? I'm good with that - builds the kinda suspense I enjoy.
ForeverZeroo wrote:Man ...i guess that means you gotta get there like an hour early or so....like Otakon @.@
Yeah, sounds like it. I will try to get din din early and then monitor how the line looks. If you guys spot a Claire Redfield cosplay (Code Veronica version) walking around or waiting in line, that's probably me, so feel free to say hi since it looks like there won't be any official meet and greets :) .

ZenSSStarry
Org Profile

Post by ZenSSStarry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 pm

ForeverZeroo wrote:Man ...i guess that means you gotta get there like an hour early or so....like Otakon @.@
I'm not gonna be there on Friday, sadly D=, so hopefully the second showing on Saturday won't have as long lines XD

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am

Well, well, today's the big day, people. Everyone set? :twisted:

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am

NightMistress85 wrote:
Yeah, I would also lean more towards 1/2, but I figured I'd try to be a little more generous since it's been a while since AUSA.

Thanks for trying to work out the preferred seating. Just gonna have to get in line this year. Next year should be great for new beginnings. A new hotel (hopefully) and a new contest format. Fun times fun times. Have a safe drive down!! I'm trying to recall if I got any internet for free in that hotel...

Huzzah! I got net power! (Had to pay for it though. . . . BLEH)

Nice to meet ya at con!

And yeah, I may not be able to say anything specific yet. . . . but, yes. . . new hotel is in the works for next year. Think big, people. BIG. Gonna be something, I'll tell ya that much!!!

Time to get back to work! To the dealers room!
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am

ZenSSStarry wrote:
I'm not gonna be there on Friday, sadly D=, so hopefully the second showing on Saturday won't have as long lines XD

Nah, I think lines should be stable. Saturday starts around 3-ish and it is in both Vid 1 and Vid 2. Should be safe, as there are other activities going on at the same time in the con.

Hope to see you there!

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am

Miracle_Falcon wrote:Well, well, today's the big day, people. Everyone set? :twisted:

MWA HA HA HA HA. Oh yes. :twisted:

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:35 am

Hi, everyone!

Just shooting out a quick update on the contest so far down here in Katsucon!

Our Friday night AMV Contest screening is now complete.

We had a FULL house! We even tried to fit in people for standing room only, where space permitted in Main Events.

For anyone at con right now:

1.) The second contest screening will be at 3pm in Video 1 and Video2.

2.) The awards show will be at 10pm in Live 1.

The next update on the internet will be after the Awards Show, and all WINNERS will be announced online!!!

Stay tuned!

- Michael, AMV Dept.

aquastar831
Org Profile

Post by aquastar831 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 pm

I didn't get to sit down for the AMV contest for this con which such a hectic weekend schedule. I was pretty much at the con for a total of 5 hours within the 2 days, most of it spent helping out two of the vendors.

Miracle Falcon, I didn't get to see your new AMV. I'll have to take a look at it if you've already posted it. Sorry about running off so quickly like that. Didn't mean to blow you off. I had to get to the Funimation panel and I was running late since I needed to do a News Release write-up for that panel.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:44 pm

No worries, Aquastar, and yeah, it's up.

The screenings Saturday were nuts. Packed full... Yeah, 6,000 may have been too much for this hotel to handle. Ah well. Hopefully there'll be a better hotel next year.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Editinghermit wrote:Huzzah! I got net power! (Had to pay for it though. . . . BLEH)

Nice to meet ya at con!

And yeah, I may not be able to say anything specific yet. . . . but, yes. . . new hotel is in the works for next year. Think big, people. BIG. Gonna be something, I'll tell ya that much!!!

Time to get back to work! To the dealers room!
Nice to meet you all as well! And maybe you can't say anything specific, but I surely can say I heard quite a few rumors about a certain National Harbor that may be Katsu's new home the next time around...But who am I to say... :P

Yeah I was reduced to using my blackberry as the only net source, so I mainly stuck to emails and chatting.
Miracle_Falcon wrote:The screenings Saturday were nuts. Packed full... Yeah, 6,000 may have been too much for this hotel to handle. Ah well. Hopefully there'll be a better hotel next year.
I think that's an understatement. Aside from the amv events which were wonderful, I had quite a few gripes with this convention as a whole. However, since I had one of the times of my life last year, I'm willing to bet this experience was mainly due to the hotel and the fact that it really just can't accommodate as many people for its activities as it can hold in the building overall.

Return to “AMV Contests”