Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Re: Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Postby Brad » Sun May 10, 2009 9:22 pm

WINNERS:

[ACTION]
[koopiskeva trythil corran prodigi mirkosp mamo! kristyrat] - testosteROS - Pendulum - Granite - Various

[COMEDY]
haunter103 - A Feel-Good AMV - Avenue Q - Schadenfreude - Various

[DANCE-UPBEAT-OTHER]
Fall_Child42 - Year Of The Pirate - Flogging Molly - Salty Dog - Animal Treasure Island

[DRAMA]
Pwolf - Macross Angel's Voice - Yoshiki Fukuyama and Mari Ijima - Angel Voice (Scott Grasso Edit) - Various Macross

[ROMANCE]
Bakadeshi - Zero no Ai - Taylor swift - Love Story - Zero No Tsukaima

[THEME]
Copycat_Revolver - Bloocheck Dynamic Movie Voice - The CDVV Players - Original Audio - Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya & Code Geass

[BEST OF SHOW]
Douggie - Senpai Says - Various - Various - Hidamari Sketch & Totoro

Congrats everybody! :O
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Castor Troy » Sun May 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Congrats!

RDS has finally been dethroned!
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Pwolf » Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Congrats!

Now the age of AXPWP begins!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Brad » Sun May 10, 2009 9:52 pm

\m/^O^\m/
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby Castor Troy » Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Congrats!

Now the age of AXPWP begins!

Fuck Studios
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Kazemon15 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Oh well, one could only hope.

Congrats everyone!

Hopefully I can see all the vids that played here. Anyone gonna upload soon?
Currently replaying/recording: Tales of Vesperia (Xbox360) and Tales of Graces F (PS3)
ImageImage<-- Now available
Kazemon15

Postby Kitsuner » Sun May 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Dang, I only got three predictions correct.

As a side note, are the restrictions on nudity and sexual content more relaxed than they used to be? This year's contest seemed a lot raunchier than usual.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Douggie » Mon May 11, 2009 4:35 am

Oh wow. This is quite a surprise! :o I wonder if judging was before or after knowing the audience reaction, as that determines the success of the AMV.

Congrats to all the winners!

PS. I'm kinda curious to what CrackTheSky made this time - when will it be out? :D
Douggie
CHEESECAKE!

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon May 11, 2009 5:16 am

congrats to the winners. I'm waiting for some of these now.

Also... MEAT.
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Ashyukun » Mon May 11, 2009 9:11 am

Douggie wrote:Oh wow. This is quite a surprise! :o I wonder if judging was before or after knowing the audience reaction, as that determines the success of the AMV.

Judging was done after all of the public showings of the contest (Sunday morning), so audience reaction was very solidly taken into account. I doubt that anyone at any of those showings (or the IE) would have had much doubt at all that Senpai Says would be taking Best of Show. And even if it's not submitted there I can guarantee that it'll be shown at Otakon and AWA as well, since I'd be a complete fool to not use it as one of the videos shown during the IE. If it wasn't submitted to AniBo, it might end up played there as well as filler when we need to entertain the audience when something is running late. :P
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech

Postby Scintilla » Mon May 11, 2009 9:43 am

Ashyukun wrote:I doubt that anyone at any of those showings (or the IE) would have had much doubt at all that Senpai Says would be taking Best of Show. And even if it's not submitted there I can guarantee that it'll be shown at Otakon and AWA as well, since I'd be a complete fool to not use it as one of the videos shown during the IE.

Well, by Otakon rules, at this point it would have to be DQed even if it was submitted there, so.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Castor Troy » Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am

Scintilla wrote:
Ashyukun wrote:I doubt that anyone at any of those showings (or the IE) would have had much doubt at all that Senpai Says would be taking Best of Show. And even if it's not submitted there I can guarantee that it'll be shown at Otakon and AWA as well, since I'd be a complete fool to not use it as one of the videos shown during the IE.

Well, by Otakon rules, at this point it would have to be DQed even if it was submitted there, so.

:( :down:
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby kaitoujuliet » Mon May 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I was working staff, so I didn't manage to make it to the showing of the finalists' videos. However, I did get to see the non-finalist videos, and I thought they were great! So for those who didn't make it into the finals--pat yourselves on the back, because this congoer enjoyed your work very much. :D

And on that topic...last year, a list of the non-finalist videos was posted in this forum. Will that be done again this year? I'd love to download some of the ones I saw!
kaitoujuliet

Postby outlawed » Mon May 11, 2009 2:21 pm

kaitoujuliet wrote:I was working staff, so I didn't manage to make it to the showing of the finalists' videos. However, I did get to see the non-finalist videos, and I thought they were great! So for those who didn't make it into the finals--pat yourselves on the back, because this congoer enjoyed your work very much. :D

And on that topic...last year, a list of the non-finalist videos was posted in this forum. Will that be done again this year? I'd love to download some of the ones I saw!

Yes I'll get a full list of everything added. Here's the winners thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94307
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30015

Official post con discussion thread is here
http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29763
outlawed

Postby Ashyukun » Tue May 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Scintilla wrote:Well, by Otakon rules, at this point it would have to be DQed even if it was submitted there, so.

True. That just means though that I have no worries about showing it at the IE. And, in theory, if it is/was submitted it could still be shown in the cut/overflow/DQ'd showings, just not in the main contest. Either way, it'll get played- and as I understand it we'll be in the biggest room we've ever had for the IE at Otakon, so to a pretty good-sized audience. Which will make the impact all the better. 8-)
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests