Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
outlawed
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Post by outlawed » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Cenit wrote:Sry but one question ... what will the entry status on the ngs database tell me once my vid was succesfully uploaded? sth like "Entry Form Recieved" or does this mean sth else?
You should know when your video upload completes from your FTP software. Once it has been uploaded you have to close the account.

When I have viewed your video and it passes formatting checks you will see a status of video checked. If it doesn't pass it will be flagged as disqualified or that is has some type of possible problem and I will enter comments.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:No, what I'm saying is I requested the ftp for both at the same time, but only received an email with ftp information on one. Was I supposed to get both at once?
I know I just sent out a bunch of requests and I believe one of yours was part of them. I get notified via email of new accounts waiting to be approved and I get them as they come in, sometimes I may not get one because it gets lost in the internet. This is why we set a 24 hour turn around, if you dont get the account by then you can contact me. I can go into the database and see if you have an open request that I haven't been notified of, and then authorize that request.

Also, you can close the account you requested and then request again. I've noticed that sometimes that will send the missing email along with the new one.

There are some slight bugs to work out with the system, as this is the first time it has been hammered as much as it has been.

Again, if you have problems with the system contact me privately. Give me your user name and/or user number and the entry number and I will look into it. We will not penalize you if you are having legitimate problems with the system. I'll get the info to you and allow extra time if it is needed.
ImageImageImageImage

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Yeah, it's definitely been more that 24 hours. Alright then, I'm re-requesting the ftp info now. I'll also send you a PM with my info in case that doesn't fix it. Thanks.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:58 am

Final call. I will be turning off the ability to submit entries and FTP requests in 14 hours from now. You have until Midnight tonight to submit your entry forms and FTP requests.

You then have until Midnight tomorrow night to upload your video(s).

I have authorized all account requests that I had gotten before 3 AM today. I will fill all requests that have come in since then after I get off work here in a few hours. Remember, general turn around is 24 hours however due to the closeness of the deadline expect no more then 6 hours. If you have not received your FTP info close your account and then re-open it, as that is known to push the request through the internet as sometimes the requests can get stuck. Then contact me directly with your user name and the entry number of the video you need the FTP info for. I will make sure you get the FTP info even if it means PM'ing or IM'ing it to you. I have had problems with some email addresses bouncing my emails for some reason.
ImageImageImageImage

plankster
Org Profile

Post by plankster » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm

I have sent both my entry forms right before midnight of the 20th of April. I submitted two videos: "Demonic Mermaids", and "Look at it, It's Ugly". When these two videos are viewed, and hopefully accepted, it will be shown. I would also like to know the list of finalists of all the entrants. 8-)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm

One final reminder that Entry submissions will close in little over 1 hour, as well as FTP requests. You still have 25 more hours to submit the video via FTP.
ImageImageImageImage

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 pm

psst, need to re-upload |:
Hi.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Another decent batch of the recent uploads is processed. Please got the contest site and check your status. If you are flagged with DQ you will need to re-submit; contact me with any questions. Once the automatic FTP request option closes (you no longer see the request ftp button) you will have to e-mail acen@ngsilver.com with your video's entry # and tell him you need an FTP account for a re-submission.

Some videos are not flagged as DQ but the problem found flag is set so you can see the comment box. I may have turned that on because I noticed something I wanted to ask you or let you know about. Please contact me directly to discuss it and then I'll turn off the problem flag.

DQ entries from this point have a VERY short window to get us a fixed video or contact me.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 am

outlawed wrote:DQ entries from this point have a VERY short window to get us a fixed video or contact me.
Video Status: Un-viewed

:cry:

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:30 am

The file name you guys requested has ' : ' in it. This is invalid in a file name for XP.

So instead of:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none

my file name is:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none

Is it just going to process slower or should I try to rename it in the directory when it finishes uploading?

Return to “AMV Contests”