Katsucon 15 AMV Contest Deadline December 31st!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 15 AMV Contest Deadline December 31st!

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 am

...Welp, finally February. Was hopin' we'd find out this weekend too. :( Ah well. Part of me wants to e-mail the staff and ask what's up, but the other half (that's currently winning) is just sayin' we'll find out when we find out.

...I'm posting just to see this thread get one more post at this point. :roll:

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:55 am

Miracle_Falcon wrote:...Welp, finally February. Was hopin' we'd find out this weekend too. :( Ah well. Part of me wants to e-mail the staff and ask what's up, but the other half (that's currently winning) is just sayin' we'll find out when we find out.

...I'm posting just to see this thread get one more post at this point. :roll:
Yeah I'd stick to the part that's winning. Since the con is pretty soon, we'll know even sooner. :wink:

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Has it ever been this long waiting for results? It's less than a week until con and there is a horde of anxious AMV editors (including me) who would like to know who the finalists are.

Anyone..? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

plankster
Org Profile

Post by plankster » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm

I bet by this Monday we will find out what videos are in or not, and I'm hoping that my video is in.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah, it woulda been nice if someone had said around when we'd find out. Is it too late to ask for an estimate now? ^^;;;

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm always wondering what the results will be. I'm patient, but I still wonder. The sooner the better of course, but I think last year it was a least 7 days out from the con that we knew. We're down to less than that now.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Oh, well, here's somethin' positive that I don't recall anyone mentioning. For those of us that also attended the Anime USA AMV contest, held at the same hotel, we might recall that the main showing of the contest was done in a room that was, well, a little too small for such a big event. They have the katsucon schedule posted now, and while I'm sure more is going to be added to it, I'm really glad to see that the AMV contest Friday night is being held in the main event hall. It's nice to see the AMVs on such a big screen.

Now if only we knew what videos we'd be seeing on that big screen.... :roll:

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Yeah I was there. The Saturday showing was in the main events, but it was really early and I was nestled in my comfy bed, so I only saw it in that smaller room Friday night. Though at this hotel, the main events itself is a bit smaller than I'm used to for Katsu even. Going to have to make sure we're in line plenty of time before the showing just to be on the safe side.

Miracle_Falcon
Org Profile

Post by Miracle_Falcon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:54 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:Yeah I was there. The Saturday showing was in the main events, but it was really early and I was nestled in my comfy bed, so I only saw it in that smaller room Friday night. Though at this hotel, the main events itself is a bit smaller than I'm used to for Katsu even. Going to have to make sure we're in line plenty of time before the showing just to be on the safe side.
Actually, the person that I was staying with had some early morning event he wanted to go to also, so I went in early as well and caught the early morning showing. I gotta tell ya, playing it in the main events hall that early in the morning was a bad idea - the audience was obviously very tired, and while the previous night every AMV had been applauded, there was no such activity in the main events hall that morning. Though my AMV started out with a rather loud note, so it at least woke people up. :twisted:

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm

HOLY CRAP! I FORGOT TO POST THE FINALISTS!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, everyone, REALLY SORRY!!!!

Our list of finalists was completed this past Wednesday, after all pre-screenings were finally completed! I meant to put them online Friday evening!

I'll have the list of finalists and the actual playlist for the convention up BY MIDNIGHT!

My deepest apologies again!

*Begins pummeling himself with a giant pikachu!*
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Return to “AMV Contests”