Another Anime Con 2008 Ballot + Winners

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Castor Troy wrote:At least my plan to destroy the wrists of all amv creators, possibly eliminating the competition worked to some degree. :twisted: :twisted:

that would explain it O:
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I wish I could have been there. I heard that when the judges asked if I was there so I could get my trophy, Tara yelled over the crowd at the judges:

"HE LIVES IN TEXAS!!!!"

LMAO. I was really hoping that I would be able to make it this year. But, my ride backed out at the last second with a:

"I don't feel good, man...."

Bahh.....oh well.....Can't wait till my trophy comes in the mail. XD
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012
TwilightChrono

Postby TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 pm

What was the total number of votes my video had in comparison to the claymore one?

And how many votes for the This is Death Note Halloween video compared to the Haruhi Suzimiya one?
TwilightChrono

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:What was the total number of votes my video had in comparison to the claymore one?

And how many votes for the This is Death Note Halloween video compared to the Haruhi Suzimiya one?

We can't give out vote totals - sorry.

Grats to all the winners, and thanks for making it such a fun contest to run.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 pm

How long do you think it will take for my trophy to come in the mail?

I do apologize for not being able to be there.

We can't give out vote totals - sorry.

Tis okay.
TwilightChrono

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:37 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:How long do you think it will take for my trophy to come in the mail?

In previous years trophies have gone out within a few weeks. I need to get the mailing addresses to our con chair so she can mail them.
TwilightChrono wrote:I do apologize for not being able to be there.

That's fine too - it's a running joke at the con that our trophies keep getting bigger and more expensive and our con chair cringes when we tell her where we need to ship them. You're not a problem in our mind - the 2ft tall glass and wood best in show trophy that's going to Canada is pretty funny though.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Fall_Child42 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Holy crap I won... Awesome!

Congrats to all, It looked like a good contest.

[edit]

Wait ... there are trophies?

that's even more neat!

Much thanks to the con coordinators.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby CorpseGoddess » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 pm

I know, a trophy! I'm so excited. It'll be my first.

New Hampster is my old stomping ground and I should be visiting there again next October, so hopefully I'll be able to get to the con for 2009 (and drag my brother along). :D
CorpseGoddess

Postby TwilightChrono » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:44 am

Yeah, this will be my first trophy as well.

Again, grats to everyone.
TwilightChrono

Postby Heero_Yuy84 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:34 am

CorpseGoddess: I have to hand it to you...when I saw the number of Death Note entries on the list, a part of me was going "...ah Hell."

...suffice it to say, your entry alone was enough to shut me up.

A well-deserved win to ya...

Although now I'm never gonna be able to look at Light and NOT picture Dr. Horrible.
...somehow, that doesn't bother me.

That particular shout-out aside, congrats to everyone. Was a well put together contest (...and any contest where someone does a Fist of the North Star video already has some bonus awesome points by default.)
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*
Heero_Yuy84

Postby Athena » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Lantis described the crowd reaction to Obamanation, definitely a win in my book. Don't need a trophy to show it.

Congrads to the winners.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Chaliceguardian » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 pm

I thought the Obamination video was going to definitely win. It was the biggest response by far to an AMV at the first showing --- That category was pretty solid though. Overall great show! Good job winners, and the people who didnt win also did a great job.

This was my first time at AAC, but I guess I Was expecting a few letdowns. There was only one video I didnt really care for (always a matter of preference too).
Chaliceguardian

Postby CorpseGoddess » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 am

Heero_Yuy84 wrote:CorpseGoddess: I have to hand it to you...when I saw the number of Death Note entries on the list, a part of me was going "...ah Hell."

...suffice it to say, your entry alone was enough to shut me up.

A well-deserved win to ya...

Although now I'm never gonna be able to look at Light and NOT picture Dr. Horrible.
...somehow, that doesn't bother me.

That particular shout-out aside, congrats to everyone. Was a well put together contest (...and any contest where someone does a Fist of the North Star video already has some bonus awesome points by default.)

Thank you very much. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. To be honest, after the first lightning bolt of "Oh YEAH! Gotta do this!" I did think, "ugh. So many DN vids around right now, though". Especially since I'm kind of in the middle of a comedy one with an entirely different theme.

In the end, I couldn't help myself. Just gave in and started editing within 5 minutes of getting the idea.

Sounds like the contest was a good one this year. :D
CorpseGoddess

Postby TwilightChrono » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 am

This was my first time at AAC, but I guess I Was expecting a few letdowns. There was only one video I didnt really care for (always a matter of preference too).

This was also my first time at AAC. And the amount of Death Note vids, really did kinda urk me. There has been too many lately. Don't get me wrong, it's a good anime, but there are only so many DN AMV's a person can watch before groaning like he/she is an old man/woman. Regardless, was a good contest.
TwilightChrono

Postby Chaliceguardian » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 pm

there was an excessive amount of Death Note AMVs.
But in the past.. I have noticed there is always something more prevalent then others. I remember days of Naruto overflow and Ouran all over.
I Guess it is just part of the times...
Chaliceguardian

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests