Yaoicon Contest Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 pm

myka wrote:I think you got best drama and best romance inverted unless I was given the wrong certificate. So which one is it? :?:


My bad - fixed it

Sorry like I said, I did that off the top of my head sice I'm trying to catch up with work at the moment.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2001
Location: Right next door to you
Status: Attorney At Law

Postby anneke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:46 pm

superboi wrote:... I can't imagine that there would be a whole lot of guys who would consider going (I know I wouldn't)...


Totally wrong. About half the 'bishies'/males that go to the convention are straight. There is still 80% female at the convention, but there are alot of guys who go to the convention. Guys who go know exactly why they go...it could be something to do with the 80% female population that is watching porn and thus horney as hell that makes it a great place. But then only if your an openned minded individual, your close-mindedness is unwanted and would be unwelcome at Yaoi-con.

superboi wrote:... but girls just don't seem to have that kind of idiotic thought process that goes into making an action amv (even if its about sex, its still action)....


I beg to differ having made AMVs for many many years. Several of which are Action. The reason why there are less action videos by females is not because they can't edit such, but because they tend to prefer Shoujo animes, that don't transfer into 'action' videos as much. They prefer the romance stories so that's the type of videos they make. I would like to see you spend the time it takes to edit sex to the beat as has been done in many a Yaoi-con video. Sadly said videos can't be hosted here.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)
User avatar
anneke
 
Joined: 06 Apr 2001
Location: California

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

anneke wrote:
superboi wrote:... I can't imagine that there would be a whole lot of guys who would consider going (I know I wouldn't)...


Totally wrong. About half the 'bishies'/males that go to the convention are straight. There is still 80% female at the convention, but there are alot of guys who go to the convention. Guys who go know exactly why they go...it could be something to do with the 80% female population that is watching porn and thus horney as hell that makes it a great place. But then only if your an openned minded individual, your close-mindedness is unwanted and would be unwelcome at Yaoi-con.

superboi wrote:... but girls just don't seem to have that kind of idiotic thought process that goes into making an action amv (even if its about sex, its still action)....


I beg to differ having made AMVs for many many years. Several of which are Action. The reason why there are less action videos by females is not because they can't edit such, but because they tend to prefer Shoujo animes, that don't transfer into 'action' videos as much. They prefer the romance stories so that's the type of videos they make. I would like to see you spend the time it takes to edit sex to the beat as has been done in many a Yaoi-con video. Sadly said videos can't be hosted here.

-Anneke


I agree that girls edit, but I disagree with your reason why. I think it's simply a matter of numbers. There are more male editors than female.

I know I've done all sorts of vids, not just shojo genre. And I watch all sorts of anime as well.
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:21 pm

As someone who runs several AMV contests, I agree with CorpseGoddess.. There still are more Male editors (but not by much as it use to be) and I find that female editors make all sorts of different types of videos...

However one intresting point is that in a lot of the action videos do tend to be male dominated, but only in that category...

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby anneke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Just as there are few males that make Yaoi AMVs, because it's not what they watch. However I know there are Male Yaoi AMV creators (Fungie 1/2 part of BDP is one, Phelbes Anime is another), it's just not the majority.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)
User avatar
anneke
 
Joined: 06 Apr 2001
Location: California

Postby maricela » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for the correction :D * Goes fix the video description*
User avatar
maricela
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2004

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As someone who runs several AMV contests, I agree with CorpseGoddess.. There still are more Male editors (but not by much as it use to be) and I find that female editors make all sorts of different types of videos...

However one intresting point is that in a lot of the action videos do tend to be male dominated, but only in that category...

Vlad


This is the reason I think I get so few action videos. Furthermore, given the nature of the con, you don't have a lot of shounen-ai or yaoi titles with the appropriate source material for that and I've noticed in recent years more videos using those sources. However, a lot of videos can and do use action from popular shows amongst the same audience.

Remember, though we are talking yaoicon there is a huge fanbase for typical shonen shows (Code Geass, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Naruto, D Gray Man). Every one of these has plenty of source material for an action video and yet I hardly ever see them.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
User avatar
The Wired Knight
 
Joined: 07 Jan 2001
Location: Right next door to you
Status: Attorney At Law

Postby wurpess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Anyway, congrats to all the winners/finalists! *^_^*
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

wurpess wrote:x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Anyway, congrats to all the winners/finalists! *^_^*


Yeah, I've made it my goal to make more vids for this for next year---especially since I'll finally be attending! :D
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Postby wurpess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:
wurpess wrote:x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Anyway, congrats to all the winners/finalists! *^_^*


Yeah, I've made it my goal to make more vids for this for next year---especially since I'll finally be attending! :D

Awesome! *Is jealous. So wants to go! *^_^* * I plan on making it out some year. Just don't know when. (Since I'll be going alone. Bf already said he wants nothing to do with it. :roll:)
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:55 pm

wurpess wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:
wurpess wrote:x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Anyway, congrats to all the winners/finalists! *^_^*


Yeah, I've made it my goal to make more vids for this for next year---especially since I'll finally be attending! :D

Awesome! *Is jealous. So wants to go! *^_^* * I plan on making it out some year. Just don't know when. (Since I'll be going alone. Bf already said he wants nothing to do with it. :roll:)


I'm going with my best friend Laura, who's as much of a bishie head as I am. You will have to come sometime so we can get together a bishie-gang. :D
Image
Image
User avatar
CorpseGoddess
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: HEY GUYS

Yaoi-Con Contest results

Postby BunofGovt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Congrats to the winners and finalists! Didn't make it to the viewing of the entries (not sure where I was, that day was kind of a blur, as was the rest of the weekend
:wink: ) or the redux. Hopefully links will be available soon for the winners?
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."
User avatar
BunofGovt
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Location: If I tell will you come visit?

Postby Ileia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:However one intresting point is that in a lot of the action videos do tend to be male dominated, but only in that category...

Vlad


Hey, that number is dwindling. :x
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Postby myka » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 am

The Wired Knight wrote:My bad - fixed it

Sorry like I said, I did that off the top of my head sice I'm trying to catch up with work at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification <3
User avatar
myka
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2002
Location: Florida

Postby tyris_o » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:15 pm

anneke wrote:My videos were not the best. I've been into BJDs the last year, and those have taken my soul. I however was proud to break people's brains with my 'Yaoi Drug' video. For those who saw the contest, it was the video with the guy spinning around.


I have a drawing on a napkin from Saturday night dinner where myself and a couple others tried to explain the positions to friends who didn't attend the AMV contest. There was much laughter and amused tears. Will you be uploading it to your website? I'd really like the chance to break the brains of my friends.
tyris_o
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2004

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VIZAMV and 3 guests