Anime Evolution 2008 Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Added links to winning videos in the first post and here is the playlist for the contest:

1. Rainbow Revolution - Vellure - Various
2. Serenade - Reversed Studios (Inverse) - Princess Tutu
3. Death Proof - Purplepolecat - Revolutionary Girl Utena
4. Inner Conflict - Pwolf - Appleseed Ex Machina
5. Baccano Swing! - Studio Hybrid - Baccano!
6. Love's In Your Eyes - Dragon/Roy - Eureka Seven
7. YTMND AMV - Jesmaster - Various
8. One Guitar - Meredith “Meri” Cantoni - BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
9. Word Play - jubjub2 - Various
10. Sunset - Nessephanie/Random Destination Studios - Nodame Cantabile
11. Municipal Farce - Thundercatlord - Excel Saga & Power Rangers
12. Still Love - Moonlight Soldier - Lovely Complex
13. Toys of the Birdmen - Lirinis - Macross Frontier
14. Blend - Vellure - Various
15. Can Always Keep Enduring - Doki Doki Productions - Various
16. More than Enough - ZetZu/Digital Flow - EF - a Tale of Memories
17. Attack of the Otaku - Reversed Studios (Chiikaboom) - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ouran High School Host Club & Lucky Star
18. I Wish You Were Here - Pwolf - 5 Centimeters/Second & Beyond the Clouds
19. Get ‘er Done! - Vega Sailor - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
20. Love Rush - Scoob - Various
21. Timelock - Reversed Studios - Various
22. Through the Years and Far Away - Daniel Chang - Voices of a Distant Star
23. …And Now A Word From Our Sponsors - CorpseGoddess - Various
24. {PSYence Series} PSYence Factory - [FMF]theDarkSite - My Neighbor Totoro & Spirited Away
25. Auriga - Nostromo - Various
26. Just for a Day - Funky-kun - Various
27. Fate Project 2.1 Final - Yashiro/Akatsuki Movie Studio - Fate/Stay Night
28. The Gift - jasper-isis - Ef - A Fairy Tale of the Two & Ef - The Latter Tale
29. Chick-Chicky-BOOM! - Ileia - Golden Boy
30. The Harassment of Kyon - MysteriousRyder - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya & The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya (PS2)

Vlad

theDarkSite
Org Profile

Re: Anime Evolution 2008 Results

Post by theDarkSite » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:AMV Coordinators Choice
{PSYence Series} PSYence Factory by [FMF]theDarkSite to My Neighbor Totoro & Spirited Away
This vid is still in progress, so when I finish it I'll upload it in a-m-v.org, but till then I cannot place a permanent link of it at your disposal :(
PSYence Series in progress... loading...

The eyes are limited in what they can perceive,
whereas the mind is limitless and unfathomable...

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Just a note: Comedy category for my SZS vid? I thought we had decided on action since horror was out. Alzheimer's acting up again?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Ileia wrote:Just a note: Comedy category for my SZS vid? I thought we had decided on action since horror was out. Alzheimer's acting up again?
I wanted to move it into something on the lines of that, but you wanted in in there according to the e-mail :wink:

Vlad

nanaimoanimefan
Org Profile

Post by nanaimoanimefan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 am

Can anyone tell me when, or if two videos in the AMV contest will be available here, or where I can get them? Both are from the epic Reversed Studios, and are:

"A.E. 2008 AMV contest Intro", and "Timelock". I've searched the database and can't seem to find them.

I also caught the tail end of an AMV during the time they showed all of this years entries, but I'm not sure what anime it was done to. I know the song was "Whispers of the dark" by Skillet. I believe the anime was Claymore, but am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Something you might not know about me: I have 2 anime tattoo's (And plan on getting several more)

Anime Cons I've been to: Anime Evolution 04' (Volunteer), 05' (Volunteer), 06' (Security Staff), 07' (Security Staff), 08' (Security Staff). Kei-Kon 08' (Attendee), 09' (Attendee).

Currently watching: Clannad After Story (The saddest Anime I have EVER seen.)

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Yeah the SZS vid was one of the coolest in the contest, just not as a comedy video sadly. It was one of my personal all around favorite videos this year.

But obviously there was a rather significant miscommunication there.

Oh well... It's awesome nonetheless, I highly recommend people to download Ileia's entry.

Animeyume
Org Profile

Post by Animeyume » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 pm

Grats to all the winners this year. Always impressed to have a great showing like this every year. Sure am looking forward to the next years videos in our new location :)
nanaimoanimefan wrote:Can anyone tell me when, or if two videos in the AMV contest will be available here, or where I can get them? Both are from the epic Reversed Studios, and are:
"A.E. 2008 AMV contest Intro", and "Timelock". I've searched the database and can't seem to find them.
I also caught the tail end of an AMV during the time they showed all of this years entries, but I'm not sure what anime it was done to. I know the song was "Whispers of the dark" by Skillet. I believe the anime was Claymore, but am not sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes this is correct Anime on that AMV Whisper of the Dark done with Claymore anime. This was played on my selected list in one of our blocks. The video is located here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=151071

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:33 am

nanaimoanimefan wrote:"A.E. 2008 AMV contest Intro", and "Timelock". I've searched the database and can't seem to find them.
Once the tweaking is done, we'll upload both~

nanaimoanimefan
Org Profile

Post by nanaimoanimefan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:18 am

Awesome!! Thanks alot to the both of you for your help!!
Something you might not know about me: I have 2 anime tattoo's (And plan on getting several more)

Anime Cons I've been to: Anime Evolution 04' (Volunteer), 05' (Volunteer), 06' (Security Staff), 07' (Security Staff), 08' (Security Staff). Kei-Kon 08' (Attendee), 09' (Attendee).

Currently watching: Clannad After Story (The saddest Anime I have EVER seen.)

Animeyume
Org Profile

Post by Animeyume » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 am

*inverse* wrote:
nanaimoanimefan wrote:"A.E. 2008 AMV contest Intro", and "Timelock". I've searched the database and can't seem to find them.
Once the tweaking is done, we'll upload both~
Was a great intro, did not get a chance to thank you personally for doing that for our contest this year. Cheers :)

Return to “AMV Contests”