Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Postby dwchang » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

dokidoki wrote:
dwchang wrote:I find it humorous that you want his entry up and you haven't put yours up :P.

Maybe I'll pull a Senta...

But that means you need to not release your next like five videos and have people ask 'When is Tim going to release his videos?' for five years! That's quite a time commitment!

T_T
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby Pwolf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm

dwchang wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
dwchang wrote:I find it humorous that you want his entry up and you haven't put yours up :P.

Maybe I'll pull a Senta...

But that means you need to not release your next like five videos and have people ask 'When is Tim going to release his videos?' for five years! That's quite a time commitment!

T_T

Look who's talking... how did it take you to release your naruto video? :P

Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Incanus1225 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

Here's ours (finally, right?)

Thanks to DWChang for pointing our an error with our video that we're... 99.9% sure is fixed completely :oops:

[vidid=161800]
Incanus1225

Postby Jurodan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Incanus1225 wrote:Here's ours (finally, right?)

Thanks to DWChang for pointing our an error with our video that we're... 99.9% sure is fixed completely :oops:

[vidid=161800]

Thank you so very much for posting it. My friends and I were looking everywhere for it, and it really was our favorite from Otakon. It's absolutely hillarious.
Jurodan

Re: Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Postby Scintilla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Aetre wrote:
Upbeat/Dance
----------------
2nd Place
Lawrence Studios - Fast Times at Furinkan High

1st Place[vidid=159359]

Voted for the winner here. One of the best uses of putting words on the screen to the music I've ever seen. And the clips are perfectly selected. The second place choice was very good, too, but I thought it cheated by using Family Guy footage, so the second place is appropriate, in my opinion.

... You do realize that the winner used Samurai Jack and the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, right?

(From what I've seen, it often happens that non-animé segments in MMAAMVs get some of the biggest reactions from the audience.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby jubjub2 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 am

Incanus1225 wrote:Here's ours (finally, right?)

[vidid=161800]

Be sure to announce it in the Announcement thread. I'm sure there are other people that are looking for it too. :)

Scintilla wrote:... You do realize that the winner used Samurai Jack and the Harry Potter Puppet Pals, right?

(From what I've seen, it often happens that non-animé segments in MMAAMVs get some of the biggest reactions from the audience.)

I was thinking the same thing. 'Cheating' probably isn't the best word here (I hope). Personally, I put in the PPP because my kids wanted me to, and SJ 'cause I love the show, and that whole segment was 'guys with swords'.

Anyway, glad that the Furinkan High vid is out! I have been wanting to see it.
jubjub2

Postby Incanus1225 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 pm

jubjub2 wrote:Be sure to announce it in the Announcement thread. I'm sure there are other people that are looking for it too. :)

Done and Done. Thanks :D
Incanus1225

Postby L.Fist » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:01 pm

This was my video played at the overflow:

[vidid=158880]

I was already told that I needed to fix the interlacing. But what's done is done. I was still happy to see my video on the overflow. But while watching it wasn't a big problem(for myself at least), the audio sounded terrible while it was playing. Was this also my doing, and if so, tips on how to never let that happen again?

Congrats to all the winners! ^_^
L.Fist

Postby VicBond007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 32#1167132

Cross-posting since it's of interest to the trailer folks.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins
VicBond007

Postby khyron » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 am

For someone who missed the con this year, is there anyplace online to grab an image or a listing of the complete ballot? I'd like to hunt down all the videos and watch them (not just the winners).
khyron

Postby NightMistress85 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 am

Scroll down to Cyanna's second post:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=90155
NightMistress85

Postby khyron » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:50 am

NightMistress85 wrote:Scroll down to Cyanna's second post:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=90155

THANK YOU! Man I must be blind. I found that other page with just the creators and gave up too fast.
khyron

Postby VicBond007 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:21 pm

khyron wrote:For someone who missed the con this year, is there anyplace online to grab an image or a listing of the complete ballot? I'd like to hunt down all the videos and watch them (not just the winners).

Otakon 2008 Ballot:
http://vicbond007.net/Otakon2008/Otakon ... ot2008.jpg
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins
VicBond007

Postby Luminaretic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:26 pm

I know I'm a little late in posting.

Congratulations to all the winners. I voted for most of your videos. The only one that didn't match was the romance category.

I don't know if the creator is on this website, but I voted for the Nodame Cantabile video "Sunset". I just wanted to say that this video was absolutely amazing (in my humble opinion) and I was sad to see it did not even make second place. I had never seen the anime or heard the song before I watched this video. The clips and song went so perfectly together. Throughout the romance category, I felt this was the only video that moved me. The part at the end where he hugs her from behind and the music actually brought physical tears to my eyes and my friend next to me looked at me like I was seriously disturbed. I have never much liked romance music videos (no offense to anyone as I did enjoy everyone's videos immensely), but this one made me want to make my own music video and move people the same way. So congrats on an amazing AMV. I just wish I could find it. XD

Congrats again to all the winners! Congrats to all the winners who also won at AnimeNext (I enjoyed so many videos twice over XD)!

~Lumi ^_^
Luminaretic

Postby dwchang » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:47 am

Luminaretic wrote:I just wish I could find it. XD

HI2U

[vidid=161655]
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Previous

Return to AMV Contests