Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Re: Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Post by KagatoAMV » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Wow, thats really great, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the video.

I finally remembered to upload it to the org, sorry about the delay.

Congrats to all the winners.
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Brakus wrote:
Aetre wrote:I know people work very hard on these. But they put them in a competition not just for display, but to be judged. Every person who attended got to vote, so in effect every person is a judge. You're free to disagree with my opinion, but I'm coming at it from that point of view.
I never said I disagreed with you; in fact, "Baccano Swing!" was one of the two videos I debated on voting for. Again, I'm happy that it won. It was very deserving.
--Edit: And I stand by the action category being weak overall. Three of the seven videos that made the cut were speed metal songs set to really fast image orgies, and the viewer is left clueless of what's going on. A fourth video tries to solve this by replacing speed metal with speed techno. ...But that doesn't work. It's a very common sort of trap action videos are liable to fall into.
That is a problem with a good number of action videos. I made my video such that even someone who doesn't even like DBZ can pick up on the story I told. I was amazed that no one did the song/anime combination yet (according to the .org).
When's your video gonna be uploaded? I've heard many many many good things about it, even at comic con. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Cyanna wrote:And Jeff's intro was just amazing. I'm really glad I was able to see that.
Jeff still has a few days to send it into AWA Expo.... :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 pm

I wanna see Meri's video D:

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Aetre wrote:
-Reda- wrote:
Silk_SK wrote:Where does thisssss......Khervin Sssssssmith.....live :twisted:?
[MOD: Removed]
I now want nothing to do with this and do not claim any knowledge of this situation.

Pardon me while I go hide under a rock and cry.
Relax, nothing will come of that and its probably inaccurate information anyway. Me and Silk have already discussed this among us and while we don't like his actions we each agree he was simply doing what he is paid to do...his job. It's unfortunate that this happened and hopefully eventually it will be cleared up and results will be revealed. If not oh well, these things happen.

makenocent
Org Profile

Post by makenocent » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 pm

VicBond007 wrote: I don't have a list written up of all 97 videos that were in the overflow. Some videos in overflow were indeed superfreakinawesome but violated the troll clause and thus could not compete. The Fate/Stay video was Fate/Stay Inferno by Avalon Blade Works.
Thank you so much! I was trying to find that amv. It was really awesome. Too bad it wasn't in the contest. Anyone know the GTO one that was in the amv overflow?

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm

ArashinomeAMV wrote:I wanna see Meri's video D:
Me too!

I mean, I'll have it up sometime over the next few days. Still need to make distro encodes. :cry: (shoulda done that before the con)
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

SecondChild
Org Profile

Post by SecondChild » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

MeriC wrote:
ArashinomeAMV wrote:I wanna see Meri's video D:
Me too!

I mean, I'll have it up sometime over the next few days. Still need to make distro encodes. :cry: (shoulda done that before the con)
Hehe, cool, I can't wait to watch it again. Great vid, Meri, it made me want to watch Beck AND pick up my guitar! =)
"Take the mask off from your head/You don't know where you're being lead."

- Aaron B. (TSC)

HatPerson
Org Profile

Post by HatPerson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:24 pm

I don't recall ever making a post here but I'm just gunna put my 2 cents in on the trailer thing.

I'll admit to being pissed most of the weekend, getting into the finals only to not have my trailer seen (I did the Akira one). I had a feeling that the legal details would be fleshed out after the con was over and I understand how legal mumbo jumbo can get in the way, it's just unfortunate and the timing was terrible.

It was a wonder to get into the finals this being the second AMV I ever made and I've gotten around to filling out a little bit of my profile and making the proper uploads. Let's just make sure to triple check with the lawyers next year.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Double post deleted....why did it do it twice and a few hours apart at that? Weirdness...
Last edited by -Reda- on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Contests”