Otakon 2008 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:49 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Now lets get some shoes!!! LOL
x2 *^_^*
ImageImage

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 pm

RolltheStampede wrote: Now lets get some shoes!!! LOL
Let's party. :)

(Nice meeting you on Saturday)

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:23 pm

yeah you too, you're on my aim list if you ever get on
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 am

Because Castor Troy and Rinny asked nicely, I've gone ahead and uploaded the video onto the .org -- and on that other video website that shall not be named (not linked here). If you see this video come up on other contests, please remember to be impartial! ;-)

I'm still surprised by the reaction the video got at Otakon. When you can turn a crowd around by the last scene of the video, you know you've got something good. Thanks for the good vibes in my general direction over the past few days. You've been more than kind.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:49 am

RolltheStampede wrote:yeah that was entertaining though BOB gave them the time back
I started the clock from when they reached the computers, which was about as fair as I could make it. My travels prior to the con had kept me from seeing the intro so I didn't know exactly how it would be introducing things and whether having them walk in would work or not. If the room were set up for it having them running in would definitely be amusing, but as it is there were hordes of cables that could easily have been tripped over leading up to the stage- and we were running late enough without having to patch everything back together!

I've long thought it would be fun to do a wrestling/boxing style introduction of the competitors, but we've both moved more to doing it with the video intros- I think in part because Vic and I both staff most of the cons we attend and as such don't make as many videos for competition and want to be doing something :P and because I'm stingy and haven't wanted to buy one of those striped referee shirts.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 am

Brakus wrote:Because Castor Troy and Rinny asked nicely, I've gone ahead and uploaded the video onto the .org -- and on that other video website that shall not be named (not linked here). If you see this video come up on other contests, please remember to be impartial! ;-)

I'm still surprised by the reaction the video got at Otakon. When you can turn a crowd around by the last scene of the video, you know you've got something good. Thanks for the good vibes in my general direction over the past few days. You've been more than kind.
I dunno about anybody else, but I was seriously channeling Elite Beat Agents in my mind after watching your video. I haven't played it in forever:P. Thanks for uploading. :D

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:01 am

Congrats on the winners, everyone!

Looks like I have some videos to download. =P

Just kinda curious, though...did anyone remember my video in the overflow...or was it even shown at all? I'm not sure.

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Brakus wrote:Because Castor Troy and Rinny asked nicely, I've gone ahead and uploaded the video onto the .org -- and on that other video website that shall not be named (not linked here). If you see this video come up on other contests, please remember to be impartial! ;-)

Hurray!! I'll do my best to get an opinion written up sometime soon, once I've watched it a billion times.

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Ashyukun wrote:
RolltheStampede wrote:yeah that was entertaining though BOB gave them the time back
I started the clock from when they reached the computers, which was about as fair as I could make it. My travels prior to the con had kept me from seeing the intro so I didn't know exactly how it would be introducing things and whether having them walk in would work or not. If the room were set up for it having them running in would definitely be amusing, but as it is there were hordes of cables that could easily have been tripped over leading up to the stage- and we were running late enough without having to patch everything back together!

I've long thought it would be fun to do a wrestling/boxing style introduction of the competitors, but we've both moved more to doing it with the video intros- I think in part because Vic and I both staff most of the cons we attend and as such don't make as many videos for competition and want to be doing something :P and because I'm stingy and haven't wanted to buy one of those striped referee shirts.
What about a combination? A video playing on the projectors in the background with the contestants in the foreground?

HurQlez03
Org Profile

Post by HurQlez03 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Congrats on the winners, everyone!

Looks like I have some videos to download. =P

Just kinda curious, though...did anyone remember my video in the overflow...or was it even shown at all? I'm not sure.

How about checking out some of the trailer AMVs that were pulled by the lawyer? I guess the good thing that came out of this tragedy, is that all five nominees are the five best selected for Otakon.
Here's mine.

Return to “AMV Contests”