ITT Pro disks

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:34 am

So basically

Vampires are a race.
Hi.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:34 am

#59 made me cum.

I consider tonight a good night.

No racist vampires plz.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 am

I think I'm gonna agree with the assertion that #59 is a spectacular video and deserves to win.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:15 am

Nah, 59 had a fatal flaw. Namely it showed a naked blond chick but you don't get to see her tits. That is some shitty ass scene selection there.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 am

I have to say I do agree that the noise ratio is way high now on entries... I wonder if people entered some videos purely to goof on the contest or just to have fun which is up to them. I haven't entered a contest in like 5 years, but I was surprised by the amount of just random videos with no anime content, effects that pose as a video, and all the hentai ones.

In the end you can tell within the first 10-20 seconds what you are getting. I would just say try not to rip on everything saying it is all crap because of some videos...

I can't wait to see the other discs if people said d2 is the best as I found about 6 to be enjoyable on that disc.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:I haven't entered a contest in like 5 years, but I was surprised by the amount of just random videos with no anime content, effects that pose as a video, and all the hentai ones.
I've still not gotten to watch more than the first 6 videos... but given that Pro (and Expo to a different extent) is one of the only contests where any source is valid, it's become fairly common for there to be a good number of non-anime videos in the contest simply because it gives people the chance to flex their creative muscles a bit and try something they couldn't in a more 'normal' contest. The same I'd imagine goes for the hentai- there's only a handful of contests where it's acceptable.

I'm curious to see the rest of the contest... I've been wondering since it was announced what effect the ability for people to submit two videos would have on the overall contest. So far the opinion seems to be that it didn't improve things, though it may be hard to tell whether it made things worse or not.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 pm

I marathoned through the discs today. There were indeed quite a few videos that looked like they were thrown together at the last minute, but overall I'm happy with what I watched. I ranked the videos scientifically and awarded highest scores to entries #6, #8, #14, #27, #28, #42, #52, #58, #61 and #66.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:30 pm

You totally just picked random numbers didn't you.

Because you obviously forgot about #59

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Actually I had issues with 59... lip sync that was repeated where an arm shows up on the screen and goes away over and over??? Was this on purpose?

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:08 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:Actually I had issues with 59... lip sync that was repeated where an arm shows up on the screen and goes away over and over??? Was this on purpose?
Just because of that one scene, I really hope that editor learns how to use garbage mattes in the future. :P

I enjoyed the contest. It was pretty obvious that some people didn't try, but i still gave decent scores to a good handful of videos too. I thought #23 was fantastic.

I'd also like to see tighter restrictions on videos that have already been released. Because, let's face it, it's not blind judging if most of us can name the editor as soon as the title pops up. Although this year I did like the ones that I recognized, so meh.
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”