MikomiCon 08 AGMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Raynovac
Org Profile

MikomiCon 08 AGMV contest

Post by Raynovac » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm

It's that time of the year again. MikomiCon is back in its 3rd year with a contest for your entry pleasure.

Here are the rules: http://www.mikomicon.com/EventsAGMV.php
Due date is August 20th, 2008.

Here is the convention website: http://www.mikomicon.com

The contest will be held in the USU Theater. This uses a built-in sound system (no speakers on stand in here), GIANT roll down screen, comfortable stadium seating, and more.

AGMV stands for Anime Game Music Video. We are talking this approach because many contest specify only anime thus Anime Music Video contest. Many contests also receive Video Game Music Videos. Some Contests allow these videos into the contest and break their own rules which annoy some creators. We have specified in our rules that both AMVs and VGMVs will be allowed.

We hope that many creators will enter and that we can have a great contest and tell your friends in the Los Angeles area to check out our convention and see our contest.

If you have any questions send an email to agmv@mikomicon.com or post here and I will try to frequent this forum once a day. For those of you that had difficulty emailing me last year, not to worry since we change our email provider and it is working better than ever.

Thanks in advance and see you there.
Wesley Hartman a.k.a. Raynovac

P.S. I know last year years rules were post sooner but I have been busy with wedding planning. Gotta keep the future Mrs. Raynovac happy. I promise to put alot of focus into the contest and make it awesome.

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm

=O I'll definitely send something this year too

Raynovac
Org Profile

Post by Raynovac » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

That fantastic.

I look forward to it.

mrwagnal9
Org Profile

Post by mrwagnal9 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 pm

I heard good things about the con overall. What were/are the prizes? And do I have to be there to enter?

Raynovac
Org Profile

Post by Raynovac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:15 am

Prizes are still swag and an open prize where you tell me want you want and I try my best to meet the need.

The convention char just notified me and we have also addedribbon along with certificates for the winners.

You do not have to be there to attend. In fact, last years winner was international.

I hope to have more entries this year than last. If you have any questions, send me an email. Today is the deadline.

If you send me an email saying that you want to submit, then I will hold a slot for you as we make the arragements (either using a upload website or my ftp).

Keep the questions coming.

Raynovac
Org Profile

Post by Raynovac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 am

I have had a couple people approach me about the deadline for the contest. I have decided to extend the post mark deadline to this Saturday.

I realize that a lot of people work and I forgot to check the date for the deadline and didn't set it to be on a weekend. I wanted to to this originally so creators would not have to take time off work or school to submit. I am extending the submission deadline to this Saturday at midnight. Since the post office is closed on Sunday, I will have submissions close before then.

On a side note, I know that most creator want to know the reactions to their videos. I am going to try to set up some sort of streaming video for the contest. I have a pretty good idea on how to do this but need to hammer out a few details to see if it is possible. Ideally, people will go to our website and watch ( and hopefully hear) crowd reactions to videos.

If you guys like this idea, then give me some feedback on where the camera could be positioned. Examples include facing the crowd, or facing the screen at the back of the room with the crowd's back facing the camera, etc.

Give me some ideas to try to get this off the ground.

If there are any questions, comments, or issues, please contact me via email at agmv@mikomicon.com

Thanks
Wesley Hartman AKA Raynovac

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Raynovac wrote:I have had a couple people approach me about the deadline for the contest. I have decided to extend the post mark deadline to this Saturday.
Friggin sweet. I can't believe I missed this topic. o_o

nevada11
Org Profile

Post by nevada11 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Looks like I'm gonna have to re-encode my video to meet the standards :(

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:16 pm

Seems I submitted incorrectly. <_<

Didn't read the MPEG 1 or 2 part. Oops.

Never tried encoding a vid that way. =/
ImageImage
ImageImage

Raynovac
Org Profile

Post by Raynovac » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:50 pm

I am fairly flexible as far as encoding.

The way I work usually, is that if I can play it on my computer and burn it to a playable DVD without a quality loss, then I will accept it.

You can send me how you have it and I will see if I can work with it. If not, I'll contact you and work with you to get it resolved.

I always believe that these contest are for the creator, so it is my job to help the creators submit their vids any way possible. I want to work with the creators, not restrict them.

I will make some adjustments to next years rules to reflect this.

On a side note, I will be emailing confirmations to the people who have submited within the next 24 hours, stating that I have recieved the video and was able to play if on my computer. If there are any problems, I will work with the creator to submit a different version of the video or I will add a missing codec to my codec library.

Any question or anyone need some help submitting?

Wesley Hartman AKA Raynovac

Return to “AMV Contests”