DragonCon 2008 AMV COntest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nimthiriel
Org Profile

DragonCon 2008 AMV COntest

Post by Nimthiriel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

I know I'm running late this year but due to a number of problems I'm just now getting the contest out.

http://www.dragonconamv.com/

I hope to see you all there and I hope everyone liked the prizes they got!

Thanks!

Nim

toothpickvic
Org Profile

Post by toothpickvic » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:43 pm

The Prizes were fantastic and far beyond what I expected from a primarily sci-fi / fantasy convention. The competition was nice alst year and the venue was enjoyable as well. I hope to see everyone in there this year, and hopefully a slew of new videos as well!

-TPV

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 pm

is there a limit to how many you may enter? i couldn't find anywhere stating such.

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 am

hmn, assuming my AWA video ever gets completed, i might toss it in to the competition here =|

astronomy2004
Org Profile

Contest

Post by astronomy2004 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:53 am

Good to see it's up and running this year. Although the DragonCon site didn't have the link for the contest, it just said "coming soon." I hope we can get that bigger room this year. I just finished up my entry. I'll mail it tomorrow. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:34 am

Well....let me get started. First....as I am so inclined to do and get yelled at....I'm sorry that I'm so long in responding.

Now...for the answers.

There is a 3 video per person limit. One per category limit but you can enter best of show without entering the others. Trust me though....unless you are spectacular at what you do....BAD IDEA.

Now....I'm working on the room again. We had a bigger room but it was 11:30 at night so I threw a fit and said screw you guys and went to Toothpickvic and AMV4000 saying..When is your panel I"m doing it in my vidoe rooms right before the panel and then tell everyone to go to the panel. Or visa versa.. :wink: But the screw you part was definetly there.

What I'm thinking about doing is keeping it at whatever god awful hour that was in the bigger room and kicking out the kiddies for some really nasty entries if you guys want to send me some to play for the hell of it in addition to the normal entries. Totally up to you guys to make that happen though.

Anyway....that "Coming Soon" thing is a bit wrong but that section is locked and I can't figure out how to get that fixed. There is a link on the left side that works. I'll work on getting that fixed today.

Thanks for your support!

Nim

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Re: DragonCon 2008 AMV COntest

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Nimthiriel wrote:I know I'm running late this year but due to a number of problems I'm just now getting the contest out.

http://www.dragonconamv.com/

I hope to see you all there and I hope everyone liked the prizes they got!

Thanks!

Nim
EDIT: I realized what I meant in fun comes across as me sounding like an ungrateful jerk.
Last edited by KagatoAMV on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

toothpickvic
Org Profile

Post by toothpickvic » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Mine were not... However I do believe that there is no prize budget for the person hosting the event. Meaning this is all being paid for out of pocket. The fact that someone put enough of thier hard earned cash to give out to toal strangers is enough of a head nod to make me come back yearly.

Just my $.02

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:05 pm

oh...

I pay for the entire contest out of my own pocket.

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:02 am

Well, the entries have started coming in and I'm really looking forward to the contest this year.

Keep them coming guys!

Return to “AMV Contests”