Finalists for Anime Expo Anime Music Video Contest 2008

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
drk_sabre100
Org Profile

so for this contest...

Post by drk_sabre100 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 am

I'm trying to find all the videos online. I got some of them but not all of them. I was wondering if anyone had all the download links or something for the contest?

Inaaca
Org Profile

Re: so for this contest...

Post by Inaaca » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 am

drk_sabre100 wrote:I'm trying to find all the videos online. I got some of them but not all of them. I was wondering if anyone had all the download links or something for the contest?
There's a list on the AX forums:
http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php? ... 08&st=1020

Scroll down to post #1039.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

SharinganBlue
Org Profile

Post by SharinganBlue » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 pm

deuceloosely wrote: “Escaping But Not Far” Sharingan Blue
Best Drama - TekkoshoCon VI (April 13, 2008)
Still a brilliantly matched combination for the story. The song is ideal for depicting Light's gradual change from high school-age idealist to calculating, stone-hearted exterminator.

And to anyone who may be reading:
Does ANYONE know where I can find this AMV..?
Hi deuce, thanks for the comment! I appreciate it! You can find my AMV here on this site under the member name SharinganBlue or watch it again on my YT account under the name SharinganRebirth under my favs.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 am

DigitalPanther wrote:It didn't do that on the PS2, PS3, Apex AD 1500 or the Pioneer DVL 919 I have here at home.
Wow, you have a DVL-919? So do I! Hard core!!!

I just wish I could find a place that could fix it.....

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:02 am

xstylus wrote:
NightlHlawk wrote:I don't know what happened with the Drama, I thought Fix You won, but congrats Inaaca! The song really matched the scenes and the editing was very solid; very enjoyable. =]
I'd wager Brad's vid gave Inaaca a run for the money though, that I'm sure of. Kudos to both. ;)
Wow. So much love! Thanks guys!

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:10 am

deuceloosely wrote:NightHawk:
Having said that, I thought "Be a Man" was grossly miscategorized at AMA. Comedy? I mean no offense, but was it your or the judges' decision to place it in that category? I thought action or drama would have given you a better chance. I also have to say the song you used has grown on me to the point I plan on performing it at karaoke when I get the chance. ;)
Not his call. Typically, judges can change the category as they see fit, although sometimes their decisions can be bone-headed. "Be A Man" ran in the EXPERIMENTAL category at FanimeCon! It was entered in action, as it was at AX, but there was only one truly experimental entry, and too many in the other categories, so the judges saw fit to move videos that didn't quite make the cut into that category. I was included in that, although curiously, "Fix You" didn't make any cut. AX was the west coast premiere for that video, and it looked great!

And I've always liked that song. I saw "Mulan" in a theater, bee-yatch!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:17 am

MisterFurious wrote: And I've always liked that song. I saw "Mulan" in a theater, bee-yatch!
I can't play that video around here, Mulan is my mom's namesake so anything relating to that movie instantly draws her attention.

Still loves that song; though if you want to see something interesting, take the audio of Jackie Chan singing that song form the Cantonese dub. Very different when Kamina is singing in Chinese.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:17 am

drk_sabre100 wrote:I'm trying to find all the videos online. I got some of them but not all of them. I was wondering if anyone had all the download links or something for the contest?
After submitting to three conventions, I finally thought it was time to post "Fix You" here on the org.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=160547

This marks the first time I have posted a video in MPEG-4 format. In the past, I have been criticized for posting my videos in MPEG-1, but I had to keep my videos under 100 MB in size, and MPEG-1 was compatible with almost all computers out there. Now that we're in the year 2008, I can take a chance and assume that everyone can view MPEG-4's. It's 640 x 480 and has great sound quality. Enjoy!

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:30 am

The Wired Knight wrote:if you want to see something interesting, take the audio of Jackie Chan singing that song form the Cantonese dub. Very different when Kamina is singing in Chinese.
That sounds really cool. Kinda like my Japanese import LD of "Tarzan," which is bilingual, including the songs. For the Japanese dub, they had all the Phil Collins songs recorded by various Japanese artists. It's like two movies in one!

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:43 am

MisterFurious wrote:
After submitting to three conventions, I finally thought it was time to post "Fix You" here on the org.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=160547

This marks the first time I have posted a video in MPEG-4 format. In the past, I have been criticized for posting my videos in MPEG-1, but I had to keep my videos under 100 MB in size, and MPEG-1 was compatible with almost all computers out there. Now that we're in the year 2008, I can take a chance and assume that everyone can view MPEG-4's. It's 640 x 480 and has great sound quality. Enjoy!
Great! I've been waiting to get my hands on this one. Excellent video.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”